Post-Game Talk: Jets win 4-2! Time for a dance party!

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets on a Deadline – Jets 4 Devils 2

Jets-XoXo-300x221.jpg

Game recaps, video highlights and the NHL.com 3 Stars of the night.

Will have coach Noel audio up soon.

For above click here.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Nice to see Bogo hit the score sheet too with a nice goal to open up the game.

I agree with the folks saying Buff just doesn't look the same. I'd guess he's playing at around 80%, and gutting it out. May need a maintenance day vs Rangers.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
Bogo jumping up in the rush on that first goal was beautiful.

Sweet feed to Kane by Burmi, and excellent finish by Evander to get the Jets momentum rolling.

If we grab a big time W against the NYR, things look really solid. :yo:

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
I hate to say it because it sounds like we're gushing over him but Bogo can do no wrong. He is a complete stud and his stock just keeps rising to me.

I guess this is one of those games where Noel likes to say stuff like "We got a lot of "A" games out of key players tonight.'

Pokeys

Dec 31, 2009
Peg
tough luck for Anti Miettinen, was hoping to see him play and do well. Maybe its time to call up either Maxwell, Kling, Mahachek, or Cormier.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Little +8 Good for 19th best of all forwards in the league. All guys ahead of him are on teams with better records

Dave512

Apr 10, 2012
Albany NY
Just got home to Albany from the game. It was absolutely awesome seeing the Jets in person! I'm really jealous of those of you who get to see them all the time in the MTS Center!

I sat in the second level, behind the goal that the Jets shot at in the first and third periods. The Bogo goal in the first was coming right at me, so I had a really nice view of it. I really wish Kane's goal had been on my side of the ice, though. From where I was I couldn't tell if it was in until the players started celebrating, but the reply looked pretty sweet. Would've been great to see right up close. Ladd's goal was on my side, though, and I'm sure there were plenty of Devils fans near me none too pleased when I jumped up yelling!

Good to see the Power Play FINALLY score a goal, and the PK even did its job too!

I'm now officially 1-0-0 seeing the Jets live. :D

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
You got me. My guess is if the refs saw it, it would have been a penalty shot. Unless the fact that it was lying on a pad and not on directly on the ice surface? Kind of a weird technicality if that's the case.

Beyak also mentioned maybe because the puck was in the air, not lying on the ice, but not the case. The definition of the crease is the "blue" semi-circle you see drawn on the ice, extending from the ice up to the crossbar. So if he saw Hainsey closing his hand on the puck, should've been a penalty shot.

On another note, no idea why some people were complaining that the quick whistle cost NJ a goal. Everyone had stopped playing and were standing around for at least one full second before the shot was taken.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Little +8 Good for 19th best of all forwards in the league. All guys ahead of him are on teams with better records

Ya, i like how Little is playing.

As much as ROR would be a nice to have, i'm just not sure there is that much more to like with him over Burmi or Little. Sure ROR works hard, battles and puts up decent points, but i like what young Burmi and Little are providing too. Guess we'll see what the Jets and Avs think over the next while.

If the Jets go back down the rollercoaster, of this crazy season they're having, maybe a deal is made. But i don't mind status quo, right now, and let Burmi and others continue to develop.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Jets 3-2 since Enstrom out

LLW our best line

Kane, Burmi, Antro starting to pick it up

Beyak starting to sound tired, got the score wrong a couple of times, can't seem to differentiate between Kane and Burmi

Wright seems to get better every game

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
James Wright was a great pickup. Come to think of it, the waiver-wire, all things considered, has been pretty good for the Jets. Peluso seems better then many expected, even if it is in a very limited role, Clitsome is giving us okay minutes, Miettinen has had a string of bad luck, but is an otherwise decent utility forward. Not bad considering it cost us nothing but a little bit of cash to make this all happen.

TroubaFan1

Jul 21, 2011
Winnipeg
Another good team effort, plus we finally got a power play goal :handclap: :yo:!!! Pavs with another great game, I like to call him Mr. Consistent. Go Jets Go!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I was in the other room when the first goal was scored. I heard "his first goal of the season from Blake Wheeler!".

Immediately I realized it would likely be a defense man.
And so I believed for a short moment that Mr Ron Hainsey had finally scored.
The joy that I thought might erupt on this forum was hard to imagine.
I knew if he got one then the "double hat trick" was a certainty!

Awesome that Bogo scored but you can see how a Hainsey goal would have been even better...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
James Wright was a great pickup. Come to think of it, the waiver-wire, all things considered, has been pretty good for the Jets. Peluso seems better then many expected, even if it is in a very limited role, Clitsome is giving us okay minutes, Miettinen has had a string of bad luck, but is an otherwise decent utility forward. Not bad considering it cost us nothing but a little bit of cash to make this all happen.

By my count 5 current roster players have been waiver wire pickups (Mittens, Clitsome, Peluso, Wright, Tangradi) while the jury is still out on some of them they are all still hanging around. I think it says more about the lack of depth this organization had moving from Atlanta. Obviously Chevy sees this group of players as a step up from what he has available on the farm.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
By my count 5 current roster players have been waiver wire pickups (Mittens, Clitsome, Peluso, Wright, Tangradi) while the jury is still out on some of them they are all still hanging around. I think it says more about the lack of depth this organization had moving from Atlanta. Obviously Chevy sees this group of players as a step up from what he has available on the farm.

The only ones I would toss back are Miettinen, Clitsome, and MacLean. Chevy tossed back MacLean soon after the first Leafs game last season, and I don't doubt that if Chevy can't resign Mittens for league minimum, he'll let him walk. I would have had Clitsome gone via waivers already, but D depth is worth more than forward depth. We need D bodies right now.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
This franchise really has a history with it's waiver wire pick-ups :D

I liked all of the Jets pick-ups except MacLean.

Clitsome is a good #7th defenseman, don't forget that. No need to waive him once we are healthy on the blue line (if we will ever be healthy).

Mittens also is a usable bottom-6 piece and Peluso could be a very nice 4th liner (he looked good yesterday I'd say).

Wright - Slater - Peluso

COULD be our 4th line for years to come.

... and don't forget the best waiver pick-up in NHL history: Rich Peverley

Even if it was the Thrashers ;)

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Good Week for Tony P... Beats up Bartch, Gets in the lineup looks good, and Saves Zachy Red's life!!

Not bad for a waiver wire pickup. So far So good!!

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
This franchise really has a history with it's waiver wire pick-ups :D

I liked all of the Jets pick-ups except MacLean.

Clitsome is a good #7th defenseman, don't forget that. No need to waive him once we are healthy on the blue line (if we will ever be healthy).

Mittens also is a usable bottom-6 piece and Peluso could be a very nice 4th liner (he looked good yesterday I'd say).

Wright - Slater - Peluso

COULD be our 4th line for years to come.

... and don't forget the best waiver pick-up in NHL history: Rich Peverley

Even if it was the Thrashers ;)

All hail Peverly and him being worth Slater and Wheeler. :D

RonJon

May 18, 2011
Doesn't the title of the thread say that?

I figured the irony was implied but I guess I should have added :sarcasm: Anyway I loved the compete level of all the guys yesterday. Pav is playing like a number 1. Kane is a beast, LLW amazing and every player playing like they care. Oh and I didn't miss Wellwood one bit.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Nice to see Burmi doing well for you guys.

Was a big fan of his ever since his pre-draft interviews where he talked about how the KHL is a league for old men lol.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Nice to see Burmi doing well for you guys.

Was a big fan of his ever since his pre-draft interviews where he talked about how the KHL is a league for old men lol.

good avatar! I have just started watching the series in the last month for the first time and can't believe this one got through my 5 hole?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad