Post-Game Talk: Jets win 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
raw

Very solid win considering our defence tonight.

Hellebuyck had a really good game.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Great road win - lots of effort fro pretty well everyone.
All lines chipping in - love the compete this team his in them when they want to show it.

Thought our goal tending was also decent.

And we won the coaching battle - right?:naughty:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Trotz's system though... he has a very good system that makes it hard to play against. But I find the most recent teams have been playing hard against us, our team isn't too used to that just yet. But this was good considering Byfuglien, Morrow and Morrissey were out.

Laine just wants to help the team win in every possible way, even if that means not scoring a goal or an assist, at the end of the day he cares about the W. Even if that means not doing his offensive role, which is what people often expect from him. That's why I'm too happy to have him on the Jets.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Game started off like this:
View attachment 161607
But then ended like this:
View attachment 161609

I hate having to watch those game commercials over and over again... I'd just rather watch Maurice talk to the players while the ice-team cleans the ice, while the odd time hearing Dennis Bayek talk about the most random things in the world.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Real gritty win. We did about the best we could with that defense and it showed in the underlying measures as the Islanders had the lions share of the chances tonight.

Helle was excellent, he really won us that game tonight with a number of quality saves (They had a 2-1 edge in High dangerous chances)

Niku with a nice game, showed some offesive flashes and was competent enough in his own end. He really should be on our second or third pair moving forward. Nogier and Schilling acquitted themselves well.

Trouba and Myers played well and Chariot was ok.

Forwards had a hard time really getting much going tonight as our lack of puck movement from the backend was pretty evident. The top three lines did about as well as could be expected.

Fourth line got crushed tonight, surprise surprise the boat anchor strikes again. Lemieux was only on the ice for one shot for and had a 11% CF. He might be below 35% on the year. He is a complete liability out there and as soon as Maurice figures that out the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad