Post-Game Talk: Jets Win 2-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
As someone who was a big proponent for using Morrissey on PP1, that can end now. I'm tired of him no look shovelling the puck into nowhere and giving up possession anytime he has pressure on him. Know your outs.

Agreed, if Maurice doesn't want to go with 5 forwards on the top unit then just play Pionk for the full 2 minutes.

Reactions: johnnyonthspot

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I didn't think DD was that bad last night?
I'd play him with JMo seeing as Pionk isn't playing with JMo...

Tanembaria

Apr 8, 2016
I love this place. <3 what a vast and beautiful and eclectic mix of posts we have here. From drinking the raging tears of Canucks fans, to reminiscing about Anthony Bitetto, to an important commentary on Hamlet, all within 60 seconds. Where else is anyone gonna get that kind of spread?

This really made me smile! I’m a bit of a lurker on this board but I read the game day threads religiously, even if the game is long over. Some great people on here, I feel like I know you all even though I haven’t met you yet. :)

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
our best D lineup right now would be:

Samberg Pionk
Morrissey Demelo
Heinola Poolman

(yes, i like all of them better than Forbert, and I'm not down on Forbert.) Would love to roll with this for a while. Waive Niku and Forsberg (in a week maybe) to make room.

As for forwards, would love to go

81 13 27
9 55 26
12 17 22
85 25 23

(could swap 26 and 27 or 13 and 55 or 9 and 12)

Last edited:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
checking in on our top line....

upload_2021-2-20_13-52-23.png

(not sure i really have a point here, but found this stat interesting)

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It is time to take him off pp1.
Maybe it will also help his overall game. Ehlers was not comfy on pp1 and said as much.
Once again, there is 0% chance that is true. He preferred running the point on PP2 to playing net front on PP1. That's even how Maurice worded it (paraphrasing) "he prefers to run down the point from his strong side".

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
our best D lineup right now would be:

Samberg Pionk
Morrissey Demelo
Heinola Poolman

(yes, i like all of them better than Forbert, and I'm not down on Forbert.) Would love to roll with this for a while. Waive Niku and Forsberg (in a week maybe) to make room.

As for forwards, would love to go

81 13 27
9 55 26
12 17 22
85 25 23

(could swap 26 and 27 or 13 and 55 or 9 and 12)
Forbort most certainly belongs in the lineup. He’s a beast defensively. He’s pretty good at handing the rush for a big guy, and then with his wall and corner play, and his reach, he is a one man machine at breaking up cycling etc and forcing routes that are wide. Also, he’s great at tying up sticks out front, boxing out, and blocking shots. Pionk benefits from all of this. Put Pionk and Morrisey together and watch nothing ever get broken up once, and softer coverage. Forbort benefits from Pionk’s skating and puck handling, and is more adept at making the better breakout passes. Plus, once everything gets to offensive end, it’s all about Pionk. Forbort is lost here. I guess my point is that they complement each other well. And I always get the feeling that some posters believe we should just send out 6 shiny offensive little guys because it makes the game more exciting to watch. Coaches think otherwise. There’s a reason Forbort played almost 26 minutes the other night.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Forbort most certainly belongs in the lineup. He’s a beast defensively. He’s pretty good at handing the rush for a big guy, and then with his wall and corner play, and his reach, he is a one man machine at breaking up cycling etc and forcing routes that are wide. Also, he’s great at tying up sticks out front, boxing out, and blocking shots. Pionk benefits from all of this. Put Pionk and Morrisey together and watch nothing ever get broken up once, and softer coverage. Forbort benefits from Pionk’s skating and puck handling, and is more adept at making the better breakout passes. Plus, once everything gets to offensive end, it’s all about Pionk. Forbort is lost here. I guess my point is that they complement each other well. And I always get the feeling that some posters believe we should just send out 6 shiny offensive little guys because it makes the game more exciting to watch. Coaches think otherwise. There’s a reason Forbort played almost 26 minutes the other night.

I don't know how you measure beast, but he's beginning to get exposed and has been responsible for a few goals against lately.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I don't know how you measure beast, but he's beginning to get exposed and has been responsible for a few goals against lately.
he's come back down to earth a bit, but eyetest says he's a net positive. would be interested to see his stats over the last 5 games.
with this team (read: coaching) being incredibly frustrating (read: dumb line-up decisions about, matey!), i'm not sure what would be better than Forbort

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
he's come back down to earth a bit, but eyetest says he's a net positive. would be interested to see his stats over the last 5 games.
with this team (read: coaching) being incredibly frustrating (read: dumb line-up decisions about, matey!), i'm not sure what would be better than Forbort

Yeah, as I said, I'm not down on him. I'm high on Heinola and Samberg though. And if they aren't better than him now, I think they would be by their 50th NHL game.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Agreed, if Maurice doesn't want to go with 5 forwards on the top unit then just play Pionk for the full 2 minutes.

I think Morrissey needs to stay. Bro g a lefty it gives a wider angle to go to Scheif and vice versa. The PP runs through Scheif and having a lefty there is much easier. I believe the logic behind the whole PP set up is allowing guys wider angles to pass since it would force the PKers to take an extra step two out.

Reactions: JetsFan815

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Yeah, as I said, I'm not down on him. I'm high on Heinola and Samberg though. And if they aren't better than him now, I think they would be by their 50th NHL game.
will they be better than him by their 50th NHL game?
my reply is: the only way to find out is to get them into NHL action sooner vs later.
I have no issues with another week in the A for both of them at this point. Have either shone or dominated? no. (do they have the forwards to let them shine? no. but still. i'd expect some points by them)

Reactions: JetsFan815

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think what Forbort did was dirty and don't agree with it, but I think it was payback for Hoglander hitting him into the boards back in Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad