Post-Game Talk: Jets Win 2-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Forbort could have cost us two points with his crosschecks. Wait until a game is out of hand to even a score.
I don't see much in him to be honest. Placeholder for a youngster.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think Morrissey needs to stay. Bro g a lefty it gives a wider angle to go to Scheif and vice versa. The PP runs through Scheif and having a lefty there is much easier. I believe the logic behind the whole PP set up is allowing guys wider angles to pass since it would force the PKers to take an extra step two out.

I think having Pionk could help open the one-timer for Scheifele and have dual one-timer threats on both sides. Scheifele's onetimer isn't as elite as Laine but I feel like he could get a few more of those off with a right shot on the PP. More-so though I think Pionk just has better offensive awareness.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
As per the Canucks board, there top line outchanced our top line 7 - 1.
Could be, but chances and xG were pretty goofy that game. I recall we were up 1.13 to 0.56 going into the last minute of the first and after a 5 second scramble in front of our net, we were down 1.6 to 1.13. I know it was a good opportunity, but half-chance whacks on the doorstep seem to get weighted more heavily than an Ehlers breakaway shot and rebound.

Reactions: Krauser

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Could be, but chances and xG were pretty goofy that game. I recall we were up 1.13 to 0.56 going into the last minute of the first and after a 5 second scramble in front of our net, we were down 1.6 to 1.13. I know it was a good opportunity, but half-chance whacks on the doorstep seem to get weighted more heavily than an Ehlers breakaway shot and rebound.

To be fair, and with all due respect to the overall greatness of The Eel, there are likely very few chances that are lower-probability than an Ehlers breakaway. :sarcasm:

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Once again, there is 0% chance that is true. He preferred running the point on PP2 to playing net front on PP1. That's even how Maurice worded it (paraphrasing) "he prefers to run down the point from his strong side".

You gave the reason and in layperson's terms he did not want to play pp1 because he was more comfortable on pp2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->