Post-Game Talk: Jets Win 2-0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well, I guess now thanks to 55 we all have a better understanding of how much preparation Brossoit puts in every day.
Let’s just hope Scheifele himself remembers the value of “working his bag off” each and every game too.
By the way, this is not intended as a shot at Bambi- I just literally laughed out loud when I heard him characterize Brossoit’s work ethic in terms of “working his bag off” every day.
I blame the cilantro.
That's as close to a swear that you'll get from Scheifele. :laugh: I would love to sit down with him one day and try and get him to say "SHIT" .:laugh:

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Great goal by Scheif, Demko looked like a soccer goalie who guessed wrong on a penalty kick.

If I was to nitpic, I would say Scheif is getting a bit too much credit for the speed he displayed there pulling away. That was Edler at the end of his shift. Would be similar to pulling away from Nate Thompson! :)

Reactions: PaulPooley

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
I’m not saying that Hoglanders hit on Forbert was a penalty, but I can sure see why he was pissed off. Pretty damn high and I can’t tell if he left his feet to make the hit.
Forbort was leaning down to poke his stick at the puck. With him 6'4 and Hoglander 5'9 he'd have to be leaning down as he was, or Hoglander would have to jump to make shoulder contact Bort's head. It doesn't appear Hoglander's skates left the ice so I can see why there was no call and also why Bort was mad: he got hit in the head with Hoglander's shoulder battling for the puck.

If there had been a call, who knows maybe Bort wouldn't cross-check Hoglander 3 times because those could've been called as well, especially the 3rd one. The non-calls on Hoglander hitting Bort and Bort retaliating by cross-checking Hoglander 3 times lead to the scrum.

pVRts3L

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Samberg can't be recalled soon enough to take Poolman's spot. I think Morrissey has started get his grove back but it's hard to play with a partner that you don't really know what they are going to do.

Since Samberg is a LD don't you think he would be replacing Beaulieu?
Neither is going to happen for now.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Well, I guess now thanks to 55 we all have a better understanding of how much preparation Brossoit puts in every day.
Let’s just hope Scheifele himself remembers the value of “working his bag off” each and every game too.
By the way, this is not intended as a shot at Bambi- I just literally laughed out loud when I heard him characterize Brossoit’s work ethic in terms of “working his bag off” every day.
I blame the cilantro.
I laughed out loud so hard when I heard him say that live in the presser after the game last night :laugh:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't like this attitude, but I think Hoglander enraged Forbort even more with his hands up to the ref reaction each time.
You're welcome to not like this attitude :D

I deal with forwards like this all the time. I just want players to play with some honor.

Reactions: Aggie204

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Since Samberg is a LD don't you think he would be replacing Beaulieu?
Neither is going to happen for now.

He has been playing exclusively on the right side for the Moose so far. To me I think it is clear there is a plan in place for him to take Poolman's spot. They likely want him to be the steady Forbert type on that pairing.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Brossoit’s NHL21 overall stat was raised to 80 at the beginning of the season. So he’s definitely gaining some respect.

Reactions: hn777

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Given what the Canucks have worn over the years, it's not their worst,

I always think of the 90s black uniforms and yellow logo when I think of Vancouver. They should go back to the yellow logo and ditch the dolphin logo.

Reactions: Jet

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Forbort was leaning down to poke his stick at the puck. With him 6'4 and Hoglander 5'9 he'd have to be leaning down as he was, or Hoglander would have to jump to make shoulder contact Bort's head. It doesn't appear Hoglander's skates left the ice so I can see why there was no call and also why Bort was mad: he got hit in the head with Hoglander's shoulder battling for the puck.

If there had been a call, who knows maybe Bort wouldn't cross-check Hoglander 3 times because those could've been called as well, especially the 3rd one. The non-calls on Hoglander hitting Bort and Bort retaliating by cross-checking Hoglander 3 times lead to the scrum.

pVRts3L
I think the pests are going to be very worn out by the end of the season. Playing the same teams multiple times in a row are going to lead to swift and harsh retribution by teams. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see injuries as the season progresses specifically on pests.

zoolander Was lucky he was an injured when the dog pile happened. He was under around five players.

edit: tkachuk From Calgary is starting to look a little worn out already. The pests might be getting a little pressure from their own teammates to relax a bit.

Last edited:

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I think the pests are going to be very worn out by the end of the season. Playing the same teams multiple times in a row are going to leave to swift did harsh retribution’s by teams. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see injuries as the season progresses specifically on pests.

That’s a good point. Given how the games are structured almost like mini playoffs series anything that happened the previous nights will be in fresh memory the next game.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I love this place. <3 what a vast and beautiful and eclectic mix of posts we have here. From drinking the raging tears of Canucks fans, to reminiscing about Anthony Bitetto, to an important commentary on Hamlet, all within 60 seconds. Where else is anyone gonna get that kind of spread?

When you say "spread," we Brits naturally think not of a full repast or broad spectrum of opinion but of margarine, invented in the early 1800s but manufactured but Hippolyte Mège-Mouris in 1869 following Napoleon's entreaty for a butter substitute to feed soldiers and peasants and ease strain on dairy farmers. And the rest is Parkay, as they say.

In other news, great first, worse second and pants-wetting third, but what a goal from 55 and what a game from The Buttery One and Pionk with Lowsy, Apples and Stats having strong games also, and Wheeler looking more like his old self on the rush (good) and also like his old self in the d zone (less good). Harkins seems to be shaking something off and KC played maybe his weirdest game as a Jet, blowing chance after chance in comedic fashion while Ehlers made some great plays and bizarro slingshot passes to nowhere. All in all a game to forget for some and to remember for others for the 2 precious points.

Reviens vite, Probablement-Luc!

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He has been playing exclusively on the right side for the Moose so far. To me I think it is clear there is a plan in place for him to take Poolman's spot. They likely want him to be the steady Forbert type on that pairing.

I see.
Poolman's been better then Beaulieu so that doesn't necessarily help as much as it could.
I also think Maurice plans on leaving Samberg where he is until later in the season (barring injuries). Stanley is likely the first D to draw back in. So you'd need two injuries to see Samberg.
Plus depending on who is hurt Heinola may be brought in instead (if we need a puck mover).

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's interesting to see people bemoaning Forbort and Poolman when the real problem right now is Morrissey and Demelo.

Of course, Beaulieu should be out for Stanley but that's a different story.

Reactions: efhank and hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It's interesting to see people bemoaning Forbort and Poolman when the real problem right now is Morrissey and Demelo.

Morrissey was just fine outside that one bad turnover last night.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Morrissey was just fine outside that one bad turnover last night.
Just fine. Not what you want out of Morrissey. The good news is he's upgraded from bad to just fine - hopefully he can find that top pair game we expect from him.

He lost his physical edge last season, and this season he seems really jittery with the puck, and lots of pucks are getting by him at the blueline. Seems to be regressing but hopefully that's just a bit of a low spot for him and he can rebound.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Just fine. Not what you want out of Morrissey. The good news is he's upgraded from bad to just fine - hopefully he can find that top pair game we expect from him.

He lost his physical edge last season, and this season he seems really jittery with the puck, and lots of pucks are getting by him at the blueline. Seems to be regressing but hopefully that's just a bit of a low spot for him and he can rebound.

Well yes we want more but imo he clearly lost his confidence playing his offside during the Flames block of games. He was playing pretty solid hockey before that though and imo he was plenty assertive in his own end the last few games and i feel his confidence seems to be increasing with the puck.

His game seems to be on the upswing again. Everyone loves Pionk's game and for good reason but I think you can't understate how having a very predictable/consistent and stable partner has helped give him the confidence to just go out and play to his strengths. Morrissey hasn't had that this year, he's played with 5 different partners and spent a good portion on his offside.

I expect his game will continue to grow in his current situation.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well yes we want more but imo he clearly lost his confidence playing his offside during the Flames block of games. He was playing pretty solid hockey before that though and imo he was plenty assertive in his own end the last few games and i feel his confidence seems to be increasing with the puck.

His game seems to be on the upswing again. Everyone loves Pionk's game and for good reason but I think you can't understate how having a very predictable/consistent and stable partner has helped give him the confidence to just go out and play to his strengths. Morrissey hasn't had that this year, he's played with 5 different partners and spent a good portion on his offside.

I expect his game will continue to grow in his current situation.
Yep looks like mo and poolman are a thang now. Even if there are upgrades on poolman consistency has value.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

What the hell happened to De Melo between the preliminary round last May and now? he's like a different player and not in a good way!

Reactions: Jet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->