GDT: Jets vs Preds Round 2 - Game 6 - May 7th, 8:30pm - "Fire on Ice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Meh. It's still hilarious. A guy can be a ghost for who knows how many games, then have two good games and people will go "WHY AREN'T THE REST OF OUR PLAYERS LIKE THAT GUY?".

All I said was he was the only one to show up tonight. Is that false?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Two, actually. But let's face it: Laine has been horrific.

Should this lead hold, we would have coughed up THREE leads in one playoff series. Inexcusable.

Laine just wants to shoot, he doesn't want the puck otherwise. I can't count how many times his flown by the puck at our blue line or in the neutral zone and watch a Pred take it the other way. He's really developing into a one-dimensional player.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Its games like this that are the reason I was thinking more next year then this year. You need to learn how to put teams away.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Nashville with low expectations is dangerous. I think they confronted losing this series and now have nothing to lose really. I felt like they played like a team that was feeling the expectations in games 1-3 and since they've calmed down. I expect to get pumped (again) in game 7. So many missed opportunities for the Jets in this series, really could have been up 3-0 and then blew 2 home games.

I think this is one of those series where no one holds any momentum. Both teams followed up big wins with stinkers. Anything and everything is on the table later this week. It's a coin flip really. Nashville will feel pressure at home though..no doubt at all...it will be big.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Hard to think about how we have had several PP, and no PK and still no goal.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Helle has played really good -- big positive for the next game. I think it's good if the Jet's lose like this--so they know they have to give 110% the next game-"no overconfidence"

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't buy it, we haven't converted our chances but other than that the Preds aren't doing anything special. Yet again they generate very little offense, but get a break and then score on one of their few chances.
Agreed, some bad luck and then things drifted away. Anyone who think the Jets don't have a chance in game 7 haven't been paying attention this season.

Reactions: DharmaBum

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
Laine just wants to shoot, he doesn't want the puck otherwise. I can't count how many times his flown by the puck at our blue line or in the neutral zone and watch a Pred take it the other way. He's really developing into a one-dimensional player.

Clearly playing with a rib injury, can't breathe right and hurts to hit straight on. All his hits he leads with his backend.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Just wait until Maurice draws Hendricks into the game 7 lineup to spark the team.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
That first Preds goal and failed pps set the tone. That may ultimately be what costs them. But as I've said, this team has played better on the road this series Now the pressure is all on the Preds. As weird as it is to say, I'd rather them be on the road in game 7 than home.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I can look at his S% and be optimistic, but when the guy is mostly floating around and shows little urgency and movement, I cannot accept that. At all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad