Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Preds - Mon May 7 8:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
How many games has this team been fully healthy? Good timing for that now. (Kulikov notwithstanding)

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
In one of the other Nashville-Winnipeg game (or pre-game) threads, I predicted Jets will win this series in 6 games.

Standing by that prediction.

Everyone can blame me if they lose Monday. :laugh:
Nice ... I posted that Connor should play in 3vs3 OT and he scored 2 straight OT winners and then after the lost on Friday I said Maurice has to put Connor back on the #1 line and he scored 2 goals.:D

Reactions: ERYX and GJETson

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Do you really think an elite professional athlete needs boos to get going?
Yes. I feel it brings out the best in some of the good ones.
Put it this way, do you think elite professional athletes on the Jets feed off our crowd to get going? Exactly.
Crowds have an effect sometimes is all I'm saying.

Reactions: Guerzy

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Preds will likely bring their best tomorrow. The boys will have to be ready for a desperate team. If we play like we can I think we take care of ek tomorrow.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yes. I feel it brings out the best in some of the good ones.
Put it this way, do you think elite professional athletes on the Jets feed off our crowd to get going? Exactly.
Crowds have an effect sometimes is all I'm saying.
I don't think PK is going to somehow motivate himself past the Jets, they'll have the same response regardless of how motivated he gets by the crowd.

I've mainly found in the past the more motivated a player gets by outside forces, the more they are likely to go outside their structure and take risks that can cost their teams.

Just tune it out and play your game. Hope he doesn't .

Reactions: Gotaf7

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
Can’t wait to see what the Zham is cooking up for the GDT.
tenor.gif

Lovin’ these late games, no chance of my a-hole buddies or accidentally spoiling the score from my phone.
GoJetsGo

Last edited:
Reactions: DashingDane

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Missed the game yesterday and had to watch pvr. It seems like each game from now on is the biggest game in Jets 1.0/2.0 history. I am cautiously optimistic about tomorrow. I don't want to get too excited yet, but..............................

giphy.gif

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
No ... he just takes it to the next level to get back at the fans.
If he hasn't already taken it to the next level, that's a problem. How many extra levels does he have based on fan razzing? If we throw things at him, will he motivate himself even further?

It's a cool storyline to believe this kind of stuff but it's largely mythical imo. He should already be motivated to be his best, which I'm sure he is. The rest is gamesmanship.

Last edited:
Reactions: probablywrongbut
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad