Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Preds - Mon May 7 8:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetsetter

Mar 2, 2015
Winnerpeg
I'll state it here, the Jets will win on Monday and close out the Preds. Confidence growing, great experience for the young ones!

There I said and guarantee it! Take that PK!

Reactions: kxx and jefferoni

jets2020champs

Nov 6, 2016
Canada
Lady antebellum stumbling on the national anthem set the tone for this game. Predators players looked up and started smiling/giggling while Jets stayed focused. Predators were good in the first period but couldn’t bury their chances. Jets stayed focused and stuck to their game.

Edit: wrong thread. But Jets will still be focused for game 6

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I'll state it here, the Jets will win on Monday and close out the Preds. Confidence growing, great experience for the young ones!

There I said and guarantee it! Take that PK!
Yup, it's all coming together...

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
And I know, I know, I know, I know, I know I want you...

cup.jpg

Reactions: Tommigun

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
We have been alternating wins each game with the Jets taking the series lead 3 times. The pattern suggests we lose Monday and win Game 7. Momentum says otherwise.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Jets slept in Nashville last night and spoke today before returning to the Peg'.

Players: Wheeler & Stastny.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: What can they take from the clinching game in the first round into tomorrow’s game? Are all elimination games built the same? What did Perreault do well in his first game back? On the Jets depth scoring. What did they see in the 1st period last night that made them think the game wouldn’t go like game 4? How hard is it playing against the Predators? On what the atmosphere is going to be like in Winnipeg? Was there a point in the season when playoffs or bust was underselling this team? How difficult was it to be patient as a coach with a long term development plan? Comparing this team to his best previous team?

To listen click here.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Also called "subban guaranteed win night".

The only thing i can guarantee is that subban is and will continue to be an ***hole.

Subban didn't "guarantee a win". People are putting words in his mouth. He was just trying to let reporters know that the series wasn't over and said they would win the next game.

This is why hockey players answer in cliches and canned responses, if they say anything else people blow it out of proportion.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Can we not Boo Subban please. Lets ignore him as it only fires him up when people boo.

You give Subban too much credit thinking he has a super saiyan mode and the crowd chanting making any appreciable difference.

People have booed him on a nightly basis for years and it is probably background noise to him by this point.

He will be fired up to max level at the start of Monday's game either way.

Reactions: Jet

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Subban didn't "guarantee a win". People are putting words in his mouth. He was just trying to let reporters know that the series wasn't over and said they would win the next game.

This is why hockey players answer in cliches and canned responses, if they say anything else people blow it out of proportion.

Subban guarantees Preds win Game 6 over Jets

Didn't guarantee a win but said they would win, lets prove him wrong!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
You give Subban too much credit thinking he has a super saiyan mode and the crowd chanting making any appreciable difference.

People have booed him on a nightly basis for years and it is probably background noise to him by this point.

Oh and I think it's lame.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
This is not the real test, neither a must-win game.

Also, I guaranteed a Wpg series win after game 1, as I did in the Minnesota series :)

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Put it this way, I used to thrive on this as a player, motivates a guy, and some players love it and feed off it I do believe that. Let him stay asleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad