Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Preds - Mon May 7 8:30pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm putting my 4-0 record on playoff games attended on the line tomorrow, feeling very good about it. I missed Thursday's game and they lost, blame me.

Also looking forward to possibly wearing shorts and sandals to a Jets game tomorrow. NOT SO COLD AND DARK NOW!

Great :)

The team needs all the help it can have.

Specially after the great PK said Preds going to win already.

Go Jets Go

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I'm being a negative Nancy here but if the Jets don't close it out tomorrow, I don't feel good about their chances in game 7.

However, i know the Jets have the talent and depth to win.

But...anxiety is a part of my life.

Reactions: Kgame

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
How many games has this team been fully healthy? Good timing for that now. (Kulikov notwithstanding)

This is as healthy as they have been since October. Depth is crazy on this team to have accomplished what they have done with so many many hours lost to injury.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I wonder if Laviolette will take Fiala out of the lineup considering they won without him and got blown out with him. There is no obviously no correlation between the two things but knowing NHL coaches, I could see Fiala out and Hartnell draw back into the lineup.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I wonder if Laviolette will take Fiala out of the lineup considering they won without him and got blown out with him. There is no obviously no correlation between the two things but knowing NHL coaches, I could see Fiala out and Hartnell draw back into the lineup.
All the better.

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
I could see Hartman come back in but Fiala played well last night so could see someone else coming out.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I remember in 2015 for games 3&4 we were almost all at our seats cheering & chanting during the pre-game warmups inside the Mts centre. It was pretty amazing. We haven't done that yet these playoffs. What are the odds that we do the same tomorrow for game 6 with the late 8:30pm start?! It looked close to full in Nashville for game 5 last night during the pre-game warmup.

Last edited:

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010

As long as Maurice isn't tempted to put Hendricks back in, I'm cool with it.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
We have had two opportunities to put the hammer down - the OT game and our last home game. Fail. Third time must be the charm - no interest in going back to Nashville for a 7th game.

Reactions: 10Ducky10 and GNP

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Nashville D is good offensively.....but if you make them spend significant time in their end....not so hot. The deal is to get the forecheck going earlier and break up their set zone exits, forcing those dumps into the neutral zone - this gets us quick puck possessions, then we can really hit them with the speed.

Their top 4 D must be just about running on fumes, now. Get early lead and just have the Preds play OUR game. If we do that - only one outcome.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I'm being a negative Nancy here but if the Jets don't close it out tomorrow, I don't feel good about their chances in game 7.

However, i know the Jets have the talent and depth to win.

But...anxiety is a part of my life.
idk...I'd put each game at 50/50

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
The Jets are one win away from the WCF.

**** me I'm pumped.

Me too fellow Jet bro
giphy.gif

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
I predicted the Wild series in 6 and it went 5. I predicted we’d beat Nashville in 7. So a win tomorrow would fit the trend!
i predicted we beat wild in 5 and then said we beat preds in 6 so my trend is also there. this is easy we cant lose now!

Reactions: ps241

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I remember in 2015 for games 3&4 we were almost all at our seats cheering & chanting during the pre-game warmups inside the Mts centre. It was pretty amazing. We haven't done that yet these playoffs. What are the odds that we do the same tomorrow for game 6 with the late 8:30pm start?! It looked close to full in Nashville for game 5 last night during the pre-game warmup.

Basically zero.
The outside party has killed the atmosphere inside the rink.
I'll be in my seat for the warmups but around 70% of the people will be outside or in the concourse. The pre-game energy for game 4 was no where close to the 2015 games or even Game 2 vs Minny.
Hopefully it's different.

FYI - still some work to do and I'm on BC time BUT the GDT is coming.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
I'm putting my 4-0 record on playoff games attended on the line tomorrow, feeling very good about it. I missed Thursday's game and they lost, blame me.

Also looking forward to possibly wearing shorts and sandals to a Jets game tomorrow. NOT SO COLD AND DARK NOW!

Big deal there is still no WI-FI.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd love to see the Jet's score a couple early quick goals, and this will prevent the Preds going into that defensive trap game. The Jet's are an offensive, fast transition team, and play better against teams like that.

I give the Jets the advantage here - say 55 % chance of winning, because of home ice. The margin is not big as the Preds have the best road record in the NHL, and I believe the Jets have the best home record-- although this series hasn't been won on home ice so far-- home ice means a lot to the Jets.

Let's hope the Jets close this series up-- I'm sure they don't want to go back to Music City--and face the music. That Game 7 would be a 50-50 coin toss game. Whoever wants this game "more" will win it IMO--so let's do it in 6.

C'mon Jets lets wrap this series up "tonight." :thumbu:

Reactions: Tommigun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad