Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs. Penguins (Friday @ 7 pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I really don't like playing the Pens. It seems like every time we do, Crosby and Malkin just slaughter us.

So, um... 3-0 us?

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
Wellwood returns and scores the first goal in under 30 seconds. ;)

Kane nails Crysby into the boards three times in the first and takes his head out of the game.

Pavs has another awesome game and only lets in one lucky PP goal by Letang (because i have him in a pool)

Jets fly to a 4-1 victory.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Huge test for the Jets and a perfect opponent to challenge us after two solid games vs. Boston and Washington. Can we continue on? I hope and think so. At home, so that's nice.

This one should be a good one!

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba
Joking aside I think we are in tough in this one. If last game was the Jets A game they need to play their A++ game friday or this one will get ugly. Need to be smart on defense, Pens have way too much firepower and any giveaways will cost us dearly.

Go Jets Go!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hopefully, the Jets worry less about how / what the Penguins do, and simply play their own game, rather than letting the Penguins dictate the game to play. If they try to run with them, we'll see the same results as the 8-5 game last year. If they play them tough (like the Leafs did, and like the Jets played the Caps and Bruins), then they should do well.

RonJon

May 18, 2011
I'm sure when the Pens looked at the schedule they marked last night and tomorrow with W's. With the loss to the Leafs, they will be hurting and motivated. This one scares me, but if we get an effort like our last 2 ....here's to hope :cheers:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
Also, with the Pens coming off of a loss to the Leafs, they're going to want to right the ship here so our hands will certainly be full. I hope we can return the favor and give the Pens one heck of a tough game.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Let's hope the Jets don't treat the puck as if it's a bomb as they did in our last two games against the Penguins

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
This isn't the same Jets team that the Penguins destroyed later in the season last year. In fact, I can also recall the Jets beating the Pens at MTS early in the season by a 2-1 score.

I'm a bit worried that our defense (esp Postma/Clitty) will be more exposed against this team; at least the Jets have last change. Am going to go way out on a limb though and predict that Scheifele scores the game winner. Jets win.

PS: Dear crowd,
please don't bait Crosby. Ask Philly crowds how well that generally works out. Thanks in advance.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I have been a die hard FLyers fan for over 30 years and have never had a second team. Been living in Winnipeg for 15 years, so obviously I am a follower and take great interest in the Jets.

But if there is one game on the schedule where I will be a full blown Jet fanatic, it is tommorow night. I didnt go to Pens game last year, but got sweet tickets for the game tommorow. GO JETS GO !!!!!

ps.

**** I hate the PENS !

RonJon

May 18, 2011
This isn't the same Jets team that the Penguins destroyed later in the season last year. In fact, I can also recall the Jets beating the Pens at MTS early in the season by a 2-1 score.

I'm a bit worried that our defense (esp Postma/Clitty) will be more exposed against this team; at least the Jets have last change. Am going to go way out on a limb though and predict that Scheifele scores the game winner. Jets win.

PS: Dear crowd,
please don't bait Crosby. Ask Philly crowds how well that generally works out. Thanks in advance.

I believe that win was without Crosby Malkin and Letang (suspended) but I'll sit on that limb with ya

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
if Glass is out on the ice against Slater and Thorburn, shoudl we start a GST chant? just to mess with everybody's heads...

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Big Test. Didn't get the home opener, but will be at this one.

A good game here could really go a long way for the mindset of this team.

BobEssensa

Jun 16, 2011
Was in Hawaii when I got the email to buy single-game tickets via the waiting list. Didn't think I stood a chance, seeing as how my hotel's wifi connection was slow. However, through some act of God, I miraculously scored tickets to this game. Perhaps good karma, since I'm taking one of my best friends to his first Jets game. Looking forward to my first Jumbo Jet Hot Dog of the season too.

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
Friday night, Crosby's first appearance and coming off a nice win in WSH so this city is going to be on fire! :thumbu:

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I predict a messy 9-8 game reminiscent of the Flyers game last year. Crosby and Malkin will tear it up, as will Kane and Jokinen after Kane learned to pass in Russia (apparently).

Everyone will chant "Crosby's better" at Glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad