Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers March 12 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savagestevo

Nov 29, 2011
Must win game, obviously.

Pretty much every game from here on out is. It's also a must win for the Panthers since they're in the same boat so this won't be an easy game by any means.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Roosters.... Pavelec's aside...

If nothing else that game against St. Louie spelled something out...

Our team, the Jets are contenders.... if We get the goaltending.

When we get everyone back... no one wants to play us in the playoffs... that is certain.

:handclap::yo:

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
Roosters.... Pavelec's aside...

If nothing else that game against St. Louie spelled something out...

Our team, the Jets are contenders.... if We get the goaltending.

When we get everyone back... no one wants to play us in the playoffs... that is certain.

:handclap::yo:

Every team is a contender in the playoffs if they get the goaltending.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
No OOT help again - Flames beat the Ducks 6-3 last night and the Jets are just barely clinging to the final spot.

In a bold move, I'm using a goaltender as the new avatar.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I won't be able to do the GDT fellas :( Sorry

A friend of mine has visit from Chile, someone he lived with when he was in New Zealand and they asked me to join them on his first Europa trip to Amsterdam and there is NO WAY I can say to that :laugh:

It was a short decision.

So in other words:

THE GDT IS UP FOR GRABS!!

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
We gotta win this. I wish every game didn't feel like walking on eggshells.

I won't be able to do the GDT fellas :( Sorry

A friend of mine has visit from Chile, someone he lived with when he was in New Zealand and they asked me to join them on this first Europa trip to Amsterdam and their is NO WAY I can say to that :laugh:

It was a short decision.

A Kiwi's first Europe trip? Oh gawd if they're a drinker this gon get messy. :laugh:
You see, we think we can hold our alcohol.

We send send Europe about 1/4 of our under-30 population and they send us their rowdy freedom camping s*** on the beach hippies. :sarcasm: :laugh:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
We gotta win this. I wish every game didn't feel like walking on eggshells.

A Kiwi's first Europe trip? Oh gawd if they're a drinker this gon get messy. :laugh:
You see, we think we can hold our alcohol.

We send send Europe about 1/4 of our under-30 population and they send us their rowdy freedom camping s*** on the beach hippies. :sarcasm: :laugh:

No, he's from Chile but was rooming with my mate in an apartment when they were in New Zealand last year.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Edmonton Oilers.... Devan Dubnyk

Minnesota Wild.... Devan Dubnyk

.......;):p::laugh:

I took it to mean if your team is good enough to get to the playoffs, any team can then contend if they get the goaltending.

A pairing of Roy and Hasek in their primes counld't get the Oilers to the playoffs.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
LA-Van on the OOT scoreboard tonight. I will be cheering for LA. Don't want Vancouver separating. The more in the fight, the better our chance of getting in. Feel like Vancouver and Calgary are the teams to beat to get in anyway.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well, the sports break guy on 1290 is presenting this game as "an opportunity for the Jets to take advantage of a team that is out of the playoffs" so...we're doomed. :(

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
LA-Van on the OOT scoreboard tonight. I will be cheering for LA. Don't want Vancouver separating. The more in the fight, the better our chance of getting in. Feel like Vancouver and Calgary are the teams to beat to get in anyway.

NO way. Vancouver-Calgary in the 1st round is a beauty matchup, historically...think Pavel Bure 2OT winner in game 7. I hate the Kings. Never liked them, never will.

Ok Paul Maurice this is your chance...You are going to play two 4 line teams, back to back. Teams who do not deploy a goon...We don't need a visor wearing tough guy, who can't play 2 consecutive shifts without being hemmed in his own zone. If Little or Halischuk are ready to go, it should be at Peluso's expense so that we, too, can roll 4 lines. I read two posts suggesting it should be Slater who sits, but Slater is a faceoff ace, which is significant, the reason why he often gets first unit PK duties. I'll take the scoring chances we get from Slater's faceoffs (I counted two last game), and defensive possession as well, over whatever Peluso is supposed to bring to our lineup, which is...

Let's ĥope that the team can regain its focus. I think the leadership is strong. You have to start Hutch, this is a must win game, the team does not have confidence is Pavs, we know this, Coach knows this. Good goalies are strong mentally, let him bounce back from a poor start against a really good team...

Working evenings sucks, I can't watch the game with my usual intensity. I convinced my boss to let me play my contraband radio at work, for morale, but it's not the same. At least I was told I should be back on days for the playoffs. Go Jets Go!!!

Last edited:

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
I took it to mean if your team is good enough to get to the playoffs, any team can then contend if they get the goaltending.

A pairing of Roy and Hasek in their primes counld't get the Oilers to the playoffs.

No way. I work with an Oiler fan who never shuts up. They are just a player or two away from glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad