Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers March 12 6:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

jester24

Oct 27, 2011
This game can't come quick enough. Need to forget about yesterday and Pavlec's impersonation of Bill Buckner. Jets will come out and man up. Expect a big game from them as long as our goaltending doesn't blow it.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
The only injured players on the road trip are Little and Halischuk. Maurice probably couldn't give you or the media an update on the others even if he wanted to.

Totally understood. I'm just looking for anything though really. Maurice could even report second hand that he's heard MP is coming along and walking without a limp and I'd be happy. Or that Buff was crushing all the trainers at ping pong with his sore arm. Just looking for glimmers. ;)

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
@friesensunmedia: Allow a player to refuse post-game media. Cancel practice next day. Don't make coach available. What's going on with #NHLJets?
The only thing concerning me about the team meeting is the fact that they have to have one. Winning teams don't, and I thought Maurice would have wanted them to get right back on the horse to get over that game ASAP.

But maybe the opposite is true.... have them in to refocus and get a pep talk, then let them get away from the rink in the Florida sunshine and forget about it.

We'll know tomorrow night if it was the right approach, I guess.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@GeorgeRichards: Roberto Luongo OUT v #nhlJets ... Bjugstad, Bolland back

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
The only thing concerning me about the team meeting is the fact that they have to have one. Winning teams don't, and I thought Maurice would have wanted them to get right back on the horse to get over that game ASAP.

But maybe the opposite is true.... have them in to refocus and get a pep talk, then let them get away from the rink in the Florida sunshine and forget about it.

Nobody said it was a players only meeting. Whether the team skates or not they usually have meeting on practice days. Video, game plan, etc

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
As soon as Little is back, O'Dell is out. Not the way I'd do it, but hey, Jim Slater wins faceoffs or something.

Slater is great on the dots, sure, but after that awful OZ penalty he took and his lack-luster play lately, he should get a game or two "vacation" in the pressbox.

Edit: I realize you're agreeing with me, and I also think that Slater still draws in after Little is back... I just wish he won't.

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB

Maybe there was some confrontations or something of the sort in the locker room after the game. :rant: I know they are professionals, but I'm sure they were all very emotional after that loss.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@friesensunmedia: Slight change to #NHLJets media strategy today. Head coach made himself available, after all. Florida sunshine changes perspectives.

@garylawless: Paul Maurice on his starting goalie for tomorrow: "I have my guy in mind. And it wasn't a very difficult decision." hutch #nhljets

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
@friesensunmedia: Slight change to #NHLJets media strategy today. Head coach made himself available, after all. Florida sunshine changes perspectives.

@garylawless: Paul Maurice on his starting goalie for tomorrow: "I have my guy in mind. And it wasn't a very difficult decision." hutch #nhljets

Peluso?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'd like to see Slater get pressbox time if Little returns. His penalty to go two men down was unacceptable. Frolik actually took some shifts at center once O'Dell was gone. Coukd we see more of this?

Maurice must bench Slater , don't give me this crap about his ability to win faceoffs either , you can't win faceoffs when your in the penalty box , dumb penalties to boot !!!!!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
They're more concerned about recovering from a clearly heart-breaking game than to placating the nattering Nabob of negativity himself?

:laugh: Yep, pretty much.

What's going on, Mr. Friesen? I think it's pretty obvious what they're trying to do together as a team today, so I hope that was a rhetorical question.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
I really hope Little returns.

I really hope whatever goalie is in net can do his job and save the puck.

At this point I will settle for someone who doesnt crush this teams soul in the last min of a unreal game.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Maurice IS PISSED AT Pavelec !!!!!:handclap::handclap:

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
I would say Pavs gets the start tomorrow.

Have to allow him the chance after playing a game that kept the Jets in it and to make up for 'the goal'.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Maurice said they just had a normal hockey day. Off ice workout and video session

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
:laugh: Yep, pretty much.

What's going on, Mr. Friesen? I think it's pretty obvious what they're trying to do together as a team today, so I hope that was a rhetorical question.

I'd love to see an interview with Friesen go something like:

Friesen: "Do you know who's going to start on Thursday?"
Maurice: "Yes, I know"
Friesen: "Well, who is it?"
Maurice: "Wouldn't you like to know?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad