Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
oq2qkUN.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Ehlers showed much better today. He was making things happen all afternoon. There are still some things he needs to clean up in his game but that was a much better effort.

Morrissey had a strong all around game, started closing gaps quicker and skating the puck up more. It's a good game to build on moving into main camp.

Petan: wasn't super noticeable outside of the PP.

Copp was strong once again.

Kosmuchuk: Despite scoring the game winner he didn't look good to me. He killed so many plays tonight and doesn't belong on the PP.

jetman

May 21, 2015
42 is Ehlers, so 51 and 80 is Copp, and Spacek?

That line did really good today.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Well that was a more satisfying game! Nice to see the big names put a bit of a show on finally.

OK let's get on with main camp!

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The best players played like the best players today. Lots of others had good moments. Olsen is going to have a good season in the A!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Apparently the Jets told Olsen to adjust his summer training. Looks like it worked out. Has way better acceleration.

He does look pretty quick out there. You never know, but there may be a solid 4th line player in there. I wouldn't have said that a year ago!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
McCambridge

[nhl]834184[/nhl]

Morrissey

[nhl]834181[/nhl]

Ehlers

[nhl]834182[/nhl]

Copp

[nhl]834183[/nhl]

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Copp and Ehlers have sick chemistry, Morrissey is also good with the awareness and passing to forwards.

But we didn't have a captain?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yay! We're ridiculing perfectly valid criticisms of the first 2 Penticton Jets' performances again! :sarcasm:

There were a few valid concerns raised in a whole lot of 'the sky is falling" after a couple prospect exhibition games. Most valid IMO that Ehlers was trying to do to much and was entering the zone on his own with too much speed for his linemates. Today he seemed to have a much better pace to his game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There were a few valid concerns raised in a whole lot of 'the sky is falling" after a couple prospect exhibition games. Most valid IMO that Ehlers was trying to do to much and was entering the zone on his own with too much speed for his linemates. Today he seemed to have a much better pace to his game.

Yup. He played a more team oriented game today while still flashing his dynamic ability. He still has to watch his high risk passes at the other teams blue line though and not go east west in the NZ as much or someone will take off his head at the NHL level. But all in all he had an excellent game today and should hit camp with some confidence.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

Agreed. There was valid criticism. But I have a hard time not questioning people's judgment when they dismiss some of our very proven prospects after a couple of games in September.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad