Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Leafs - Saturday, Feb 21 6pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Are you being serious?

Do you know what tanking is?

Aside from the fact that tanking doesn't involve being in a PLAYOFF SPOT for basically the entire year, the fact that we are 3-5-2 and picked up points in half our games is hardly tank worthy.

Yeah, we've sucked lately but the tank comment is utter nonsense.

Tongue in cheek comment. Guess I was too preoccupied with responding to other posts I forgot the smilie.

Here;

:naughty:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
At the start of the season I said no.

Debatable since post all star.

:laugh:

Yeah, the team sitting in the 1st wildcard team should be "tanking". They are still 4 up on the 3rd WC team.

What would tanking accomplish right now?

EDIT: Ah, my bad, didn't see your other post. Still, NO TANKING :rant: ;)

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Tongue in cheek comment. Guess I was too preoccupied with responding to other posts I forgot the smilie.

Here;

:naughty:

It's hard to tell intent sometimes :)

So, since the first post in this thread started with fun, I thought I'd try to add to it:

Here is the Jets game against Washington in 9 seconds:

gv2f6nH.gif

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Remember when we played spoiler last year against the Leafs?........yeah, about that Jets.

Losing to the Leafs at this stage would be almost unbearable, but we're not going to.

But I'm watching the game alone and with the sound off just in case.

And without any projectiles readily available.

They haven't all been Picassos but we've won 5 in a row against the Laffs. Our last loss was when Ponikarovski (rememeber him?) took a ridiculous late penalty (sound familiar?) and Kessel scored on the PP. Since then:

Killed them 5-2 with Kane scoring on a breakaway

Won 5-4 in a 10-round shootout (yay Bogo!) after blowing a 4-1 lead

Won 5-4 in OT (yay Buff!) after blowing a 4-1 lead

Put final nail in coffin winning a late season game 4-2

Destroyed them 5-1 this year.

Please don't let this be the end of the streak.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011

Well, it was such a ridiculous question, I thought it deserved an equally appropriate answer.

So, since the first post in this thread started with fun, I thought I'd try to add to it:

gv2f6nH.gif

That's good...but it needed a little something.

G3GB5OO.gif

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
If we can't beat Toronto, we may as well pack it in, and bring out the golf clubs. We have to work on avoiding the penalty box Ladd, Scheif, and Wheeler have been horrible at this. On the other hand, Lowry has been great. Maurice has got to drill it into their heads not to take stupid penalties.

Ladd and Wheeler yes. Buff is actually tied for #1 in the league for minor penalties. Scheif is one of the team's boy scouts along with Little and Frolik. Scheifele has actually drawn far more penalties then he has taken.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I must say: that is an impressive feat. Not sure whether it deserves :shakehead or :laugh: or :cry:.

Onwards and upwards. Time for a beat down of the Leafs.

Please? :D

There ought to be some sort of award, something Pythonesque I think. I'd promise to work on something but I know I would forget. I'm trying to forget.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yah.

Going from a team that always beats us, to a team we always beat. AND the Leafs play tonight in Carolina.

This is as close to a guaranteed two points as we'll get for the rest of the year.

Uh-oh, scary stuff!

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
I think the only real way you'll make these dummys quit taking lazy penalty's is to punish them for taking them. Demotions from C or A (why does dumbass Ladd never loose the C when he's a lazy donkey?)
Every sport I've ever played in had some sort of punishment for doing dumb crap after the game, from laps, cleaning up etc. It's crazy to watch these games and see them constantly taking garbage penaltys over and over for years now. It's time Ladd looses his C IMO. Shake it up a bit.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Seriously that happened? How do they explain THAT?!? Well, not a 5-on-1 flying W at least...it could be worse!

I took a night off the GDT and game for personal reasons and didn't see it. That is unbelievable.

But it was worse. The team with the 1 got a too many men on the ice penalty! Inconceivable! You couldn't make that up. :laugh::cry::amazed::shakehead:help:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think the only real way you'll make these dummys quit taking lazy penalty's is to punish them for taking them. Demotions from C or A (why does dumbass Ladd never loose the C when he's a lazy donkey?)
Every sport I've ever played in had some sort of punishment for doing dumb crap after the game, from laps, cleaning up etc. It's crazy to watch these games and see them constantly taking garbage penaltys over and over for years now. It's time Ladd looses his C IMO. Shake it up a bit.

ES5G1.gif

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012

Coach benched Bogosian a few weeks back for taking a tripping penalty and Bogo has less half the PIM of Buff and signifcantly less than both Wheeler and Ladd...the way the coach has been treating his players lately I am beginning to wonder if he has personal biases towards certain players. When he plays Pardy on the 4th line and leaves a player on defense who is known to play both positions, it is difficult not to question his judgement.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

gv2f6nH.gif

When I saw you were "adding to it", I thought for sure I was gonna see a double cheeseburger photoshopped into Kesler's hands :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad