Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Leafs - Saturday, Feb 21 6pm CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
apparently anyone can make one. And so I shall. Let's start with something that lightens the mood. Why a google search for "Cheveldayoff facepalm" gave me this, I'll never know. But it's a new favorite. Karate Finn strikes again!

jokinenJH_jk.jpg

RT/MW. But seriously. I can handle the loss, let's follow it up with a solid, resounding win against Toronto. I don't think even a ramshackle embarrassment of a loss to Washington (and lets not kid ourselves, that's exactly what it was -- how do you have too many men on the ice and STILL allow a 4-on-1?) says "we'll never make the playoffs". Losing by any means to Toronto? That would be a killer.

Anyone feel like declaring an international war so that the season gets called early and we rush straight into the Cup playoffs?

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Missed out on last night's PGT celebrations. ;)

But I just needed to quote the initial post:
DespoticNewt said:
Amazing. I'm not even angry. It's like watching two clowns having sex in public; you don't understand what's going on, and it leaves you laughing and scratching your head.

Both hilarious. And true. And truly hilarious.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Honestly, nothing this group does now on the ice will surprise me. We are that team that gifts the bottom feeders their points regularly.

But we do have a have a solid track record against the Leafs, so there's at least some hope.

jamiebez

Apr 5, 2005
Ottawa
But we do have a have a solid track record against the Leafs, so there's at least some hope.

Yah.

Going from a team that always beats us, to a team we always beat. AND the Leafs play tonight in Carolina.

This is as close to a guaranteed two points as we'll get for the rest of the year.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Seriously that happened? How do they explain THAT?!? Well, not a 5-on-1 flying W at least...it could be worse!

I took a night off the GDT and game for personal reasons and didn't see it. That is unbelievable.

I must say: that is an impressive feat. Not sure whether it deserves :shakehead or :laugh: or :cry:.

Onwards and upwards. Time for a beat down of the Leafs.

Please? :D

PegCityPuck

Mar 8, 2012
apparently anyone can make one. And so I shall. Let's start with something that lightens the mood. Why a google search for "Cheveldayoff facepalm" gave me this, I'll never know. But it's a new favorite. Karate Finn strikes again!

jokinenJH_jk.jpg

RT/MW. But seriously. I can handle the loss, let's follow it up with a solid, resounding win against Toronto. I don't think even a ramshackle embarrassment of a loss to Washington (and lets not kid ourselves, that's exactly what it was -- how do you have too many men on the ice and STILL allow a 4-on-1?) says "we'll never make the playoffs". Losing by any means to Toronto? That would be a killer.

Anyone feel like declaring an international war so that the season gets called early and we rush straight into the Cup playoffs?

Lol @ Oli

How do you get a too many men penalty while killing a penalty and at the same time give up a 4 on 1?

If you watch the play...Buff was leading a rush up the ice and got pushed into the corner by the defenseman. Ladd and Little both end up a little too deep as they were in offensive mode on our PK. Buff gets the puck taken away from him and pinned in the corner. Ladd gets bumped off the puck by Ovi and immediately hops onto the bench. Chaos ensues as the guys on the bench wanted to get out and help Enstrom who was about to face Ovi and company on a 4 on 1.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Honestly, nothing this group does now on the ice will surprise me. We are that team that gifts the bottom feeders their points regularly.

Not true this year.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Losing to Wash is one of those things that just happens. They are a good team and you will lose to them from time to time.

But this game, against the Leafs.... this is a defining moment for the Jets. If we don't show up against a team that has already given up on the season and has decided to join the tank for McDavid crowd ( although late joining )... then we do not deserve to be in the dance.

Teams that are playoff teams stomp on those that are not. If we come out tentative because we are feeling the pressure of the playoff race and we are playing like we are afraid to lose, then maybe we aren't ready to take the next step. The Leafs are the "free space" on the BINGO card... losing to them is unacceptable.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Jets need this win and I need this win for a personal fun bet against a Leaf friend.

Why I actually have a Leaf friend is the bigger issue.:shakehead

. The Leafs are the "free space" on the BINGO card... losing to them is unacceptable.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Not true this year.

Yep, true this year as well. We gave Arizona 3 out of 6 points. NJ 2 out of 4. Edmonton 2 out of 4. Also a bunch given to other teams like the Avs and Sens who were in free fall and yet still manages to give them pity points.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
True, but we also won a number of games in January - while crippled with D injuries - that we had no business winning.

Yep, true this year as well. We gave Arizona 3 out of 6 points. NJ 2 out of 4. Edmonton 2 out of 4. Also a bunch given to other teams like the Avs and Sens who were in free fall and yet still manages to give them pity points.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Last time, Chiarot scored his first NHL goal, and Galiardi scored his only goal this season.

I predict goals by Klingberg, Slater, and Stuart.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015

Look at stats.

vs OTT TOR BUF PHI CBJ NJD CAR COL ARI EDM
16-2-3.

tyler302

Feb 10, 2015
Toronto
I ended up picking up some cheap tickets from a friend, the Jets absolutely need to stomp the Leafs tomorrow night. There's no way I can stand getting heckled by a tanking Leafs fanbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad