Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Leafs - Sat Mar 31 - 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
- Leafs play tonight so they will be on the second night of a B2B. One could argue the Jets will be well rested after taking last night off ;)
- HNIC game on CBC involving Canada's two playoff teams. Not much buzz or hype for this one :sarcasm:
- another chapter in the Laine vs Matthews hype train
- revenge game after the stinker of the season opener
- the return of Trouba? Who sits?
- #freeRoslovic? Who sits?
I would totally scratch Perreault right now for Roslovic. He is getting pretty much nothing accomplished right now. The effort is there but the execution is not.

Perreault hasn't been good since he got sick, hope he can sort it out before the playoffs start.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
27gna9.jpg

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I would totally scratch Perreault right now for Roslovic. He is getting pretty much nothing accomplished right now. The effort is there but the execution is not.

Perreault hasn't been good since he got sick, hope he can sort it out before the playoffs start.

Benching Perreault for “accomplishing nothing” probably doesn’t send a very good message.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
While we were without an NHL team during those barren years my main interest in the league was actively cheering against the Maple Leafs. Still can’t stand ‘em.
Go Jets Go!

Reactions: ruffus23 and GNP

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Benching Perreault for “accomplishing nothing” probably doesn’t send a very good message.
I think there's been a downtick in his energy and aggressiveness on the puck. I think it might be fatigue or battling an injury, but I don't think his lack of productivity is just due to bad luck. Before someone cites shot metrics, I would suggest that he's taking quite a few low percentage shots recently, perhaps trying to get on the scoreboard.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I hope the Jet's play Roslovic on the 3rd line, and drop Perrault to the 4th for this game. I think Roslovic has great playmaking ability, and good scoring touch, and we need some production out of the 3rd line.:thumbu:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Z-Jets Philly Icon.jpg

Can anyone photoshop this little Voodoo doll- and get a Leaf's jersey on it. I'd like to take a stab at it !!! :D

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Based on his box car stats? Or his play? Seems everything is in order more or less other than the randomness of on ice sh%

In other words...him and his linemates have been snakebit

He and his linemates have been taking some low percentage shots, I think. He clearly hasn't had the same zip he had earlier this season.

Reactions: GNP

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He and his linemates have been taking some low percentage shots, I think. He clearly hasn't had the same zip he had earlier this season.

You think?

Perreault personally has had doozens of chances in the home plate area, not to mention his linemates. How do you explain the poor goaltending? Like the tweet shows his shot metrics are basically right where they have always been. There doesn't seem to be any "gaming" involved.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
It really is a meaningless game for both teams. Not sure if there is much to take from the outcome regardless of who wins.

I guess some fans want it for HF bragging rights though! Still, I don’t know if these teams are motivated for a high end game.

Reactions: Jackson14

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I don’t get the Leaf hate at all.
They aren’t rivals.
I’d sooner blame the media for the over exposure and while they have a few obnoxious fans so do we.

Damn. That is *so rational*. :laugh:

Should be a very entertaining tilt.

- Trouba back
-hopefully Farmleague, Laine and Stastny catch fire.
-Helle boy doing things

Just win.

:jets

Reactions: Eyeseeing and Kgame

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I don’t get the Leaf hate at all.
They aren’t rivals.
I’d sooner blame the media for the over exposure and while they have a few obnoxious fans so do we.
We are probably more obnoxious than Leaf fans. I don't even mind the fans, it's the MLSE hype machine. What are they doing this Saturday? Retiring Gary Leemans number, honoring Joe Bowen? Celebrating 40 years of spring tee times.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
One thing about the Leafs they are fast and they fire pucks at the net anytime any angle, back up probably, maybe good maybe bad, and there d is generally not very good.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
[QUOTE="Eyeseeing, post: 143770593, member: 246415"]I don’t get the Leaf hate at all.
They aren’t rivals.
I’d sooner blame the media for the over exposure and while they have a few obnoxious fans so do we.[/QUOTE]

Try living in the GTA...

Don't you know Torunto is the center of the universe...

Since I travel all over Canada for work what I am about to say below is true for these three cities...

The good people who live outside of Vancouver, outside of Toronto and outside of Montreal they all cant stand the largest cities right near them...

Country folk...

Winnipeg Saskatoon St. johns all those smaller cities not to much hate...

Funny thing...

I prefer the country, Northern Ontario is great...

Back on topic:

The leaf fans I know and I know a lot of them...

Please Jets just don't lose the game tomorrow...

We all have suffered enough...

Go :jets Go

Last edited by a moderator:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I think there's been a downtick in his energy and aggressiveness on the puck. I think it might be fatigue or battling an injury, but I don't think his lack of productivity is just due to bad luck. Before someone cites shot metrics, I would suggest that he's taking quite a few low percentage shots recently, perhaps trying to get on the scoreboard.
He's had numerous grade A chances that he just hasn't been able to find the back of the net on. If he converts 2-3 of those, this is barely a conversation. Take away the games during and immediately following his illness, he's been fine imo. Personally I don't see much of a drop off in his aggressiveness, not during the home stand anyway.

Reactions: GNP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad