Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Leafs - Sat Mar 31 - 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
- Leafs play tonight so they will be on the second night of a B2B. One could argue the Jets will be well rested after taking last night off ;)
- HNIC game on CBC involving Canada's two playoff teams. Not much buzz or hype for this one :sarcasm:
- another chapter in the Laine vs Matthews hype train
- revenge game after the stinker of the season opener
- the return of Trouba? Who sits?
- #freeRoslovic? Who sits?

Last edited:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
This should be a fun game to watch. We are playing exciting hockey (before yesterday) but it would be nice to see the team GAA go down,lots of high scoring games lately, I'll take a few boring 3-1 wins in the next few.

PerryPooley

Dec 28, 2011
It would be really sweet to beat the surging Leafs. The world will be watching this one.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
This is the one last game on our schedule with meaning to it, one that would be nice win. I know these two organizations are competing to be the first Canadian team to end the 24 year cup drought, and are realistically the front runners for it.
I think we will be up for this one, and they will as well. Expecting Laine to have an impact, looking forward to this one!

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This game is meaningless when it comes to what counts which is the playoffs but the fans will be amped. HFBoards mods will be busy with the usual back and forth between Laine Matthews fans and this will get way too much hype for a garbage time game but hey its all entertainment isn't it? I will be tuned in and hope to see a good game.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Lets see if they pot a few goals in TO which they couldn't even do against the Hawks emergency goalie whose claim to fame was as a 3rd string college netminder for Western Michigan until the Winnipeg Jets came to town!

" I don't play much or ever, but when I play against the Winnipeg Jets I just excel" Scott Foster 2018

Reactions: Jets 31

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
Really looking forward to this one. Need redemption from our season opener stinker.
Leafs are playing really well at home, but I think we are going to come out strong against them.

Laine gets 2 and Trouba is a +3. Book it.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I wonder if any Jets will go see the Yankees - Blue Jays today?

I vaguely remember an MTS Centre chant of “let’s go blue jays” while playing the Leafs a few seasons back

Is my memory good or am I imagining that?

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I wonder if any Jets will go see the Yankees - Blue Jays today?

I vaguely remember an MTS Centre chant of “let’s go blue jays” while playing the Leafs a few seasons back

Is my memory good or am I imagining that?

It's happened a couple of times at Leafs games that I was at.
Maybe update that to a "Let's Go Raptors" chant ;)

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
Hellebuyck must start, while I'd also like to see Roslovic get inserted in the line-up, would say over Tanev.
I struggle with what to do with Roslovic for this game. I think he should get some game time. But with Lowry back in the lineup, the Copp-Lowry-Tanev line is a really effective unit. I don't know if Roslovic instead of Tanev is a net benefit to the team.

Given Perrault's struggling game, Roslovic in for Perreault may be a better approach in the context of this one game.

I anticipate Poolman out for Trouba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad