GDT: Jets vs Leafs (Mar-31st, 6pm HNIC) - "Did you drove, or did you flew?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Can the NHLPA actually do anything if he decides to sign for 6-7mil instead of 8-9mil?
Its just a reality of the salary cap, that if players want to win on good teams, they need to sacrifice a bit to build a whole team.
Only other stars would have a problem with it, I don't think the vast majority of players that are 2-4th liners will mind.
Well his agent is in for some off-the-books pressure by them. It's a union, they seek to squeeze all the money from the employer because that's their job. Team success is not a consideration to them. Players get money, teams deal with the cap.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Didn't they overspend?

He has no value.
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have spent on him in the first place. However at least he was a limited overspend... Rychel isn't likely to become anything and a second rounder for the Leafs is... meh. I think it was as much about trying to "reward" the players for a good season as much as anything else.

Anyway, as has been pointed out before this is a Jet's forum so I am not going to talk about the Leafs outside of what is warranted by the game here anymore.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
He flat out is not as impactful as Scheifele, yet.

And yet does anyone actually believe Schiefele is petty enough to worry about whether Laine, Wheeler, Trouba, Morrissey or anyone else makes more than him? That's a total media invention. These guys want to win, and I'm sure Schiefele didn't expect to be the highest paid Jet for 8 years.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
And yet does anyone actually believe Schiefele is petty enough to worry about whether Laine, Wheeler, Trouba, Morrissey or anyone else makes more than him? That's a total media invention. These guys want to win, and I'm sure Schiefele didn't expect to be the highest paid Jet for 8 years.
I think guys know what other guys on the team make and what they bring to the team, yes.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Btw, Stastny is looking like the best deadline rental right now. I love how the Jets got a 2nd line caliber centre for little more than a song while teams pay a king's ransom for the likes of a declining ( and historically bad in the playoffs) Rick Nash :laugh:
Evander Kane and JT Miller imo have been better lately.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
The Kane deal is looking just as good if not better imo
Maybe... Kane always has the specter of personality problems though, which in the playoffs can potentially be a real big problem. Also loading up on veteran centres depth is a lot more important for a playoff run then wingers (which is why I think players like Kane and Vanek looked so under-priced).

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Highest turtlenecks/60 in the league?
Turtleneck doesn't look as good with a clean shave:laugh:
What a seriously lame rule; to enforce that a grown man cannot chose to have a beard. It would be almost as silly as instituting a no bald rule:shakehead

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Btw, Stastny is looking like the best deadline rental right now. I love how the Jets got a 2nd line caliber centre for little more than a song while teams pay a king's ransom for the likes of a declining ( and historically bad in the playoffs) Rick Nash :laugh:
Foley and a 1st is not "litfle more than a song".

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
He flat out is not as impactful as Scheifele, yet.
No but it's a business issue and he's marketable as hell. Last season all the opponents had a pre-game segment about Laine. It's not, sadly, a purely internal issue between Chevy and Laine based solely on sports consideration. His contract is one of those that set a benchmark of sorts for all 1st RFA papers that'll get made in the next years.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Evander Kane and JT Miller imo have been better lately.
JT Miller trade wasn't in a vacuum. Look at what Tampa sent back in that mega-trade as well... If they win a Cup or make the Finals then I agree 100%, but for now it is a risky gamble.

Kane, yes, he has produced better then Stastny, true. However come playoff time I still think a top 6-9 centre beats a top 6 winger when the injuries start piling up. Particularly one with a history of "interpersonal issues".

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I take back my well-wishes for the injured Leafs defenseman. Read the Leafs board a bit and they want the Leafs to assault our players in retaliation in order to willfully injure them. It’s one thing to hope injury on someone but an entirely different story to hope for intended injury.

It's also against the site rules, no matter where it happens on HF. If you see people doing this, report them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad