Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Laughs aka The suckiest sucks that ever sucked (Feb 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Just a reminder to everyone:

Trolling: We do not permit any forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams.

Flaming: Do not use sweeping generalizations and plural pronouns to cloak personal attacks.

So to clarify:

"There were so many jerk Leafs fans sitting next to me" -> fine

"All Leafs fans are jerks" -> not fine

I realize this is the Jets board, so some latitude will be given. If you want to take shots at an organization that's fine, but let's try and keep it as far away from shots at fanbases.

Thanks in advance.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Just a reminder to everyone:

So to clarify:

"There were so many jerk Leafs fans sitting next to me" -> fine

"All Leafs fans are jerks" -> not fine

I realize this is the Jets board, so some latitude will be given. If you want to take shots at an organization that's fine, but let's try and keep it as far away from shots at fanbases.

Thanks in advance.

I agreed with this until I saw the Toronto thread and all of them calling The Jets the Thrashers. It's okay when one person does it but it really rubs me the wrong way when everyone is a thread says that. :help:

Oh the fact that they are making fun of the franchise for relocating and saying they will on their way to Quebec soon... UGH

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I agreed with this until I saw the Toronto thread and all of them calling The Jets the Thrashers. It's okay when one person does it but it really rubs me the wrong way when everyone is a thread says that. :help:

Oh the fact that they are making fun of the franchise for relocating and saying they will on their way to Quebec soon... UGH

Dont even worry about
It was acceptable for that to be said last year, I dont see it changing this year

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Dont even worry about
It was acceptable for that to be said last year, I dont see it changing this year

Yeah I don't see how it's ever okay to poke fun at relocation. It's a really tough situation and has nothing to do with how good a team is. :shakehead

Kent C Tugood

Not Quite Dead Yet
Jan 1, 2012
Doontoon
I'm hoping that we can get a good win out of tomorrow to try to eliminate the bad taste of the road trip further.

That, and I'm always a fan of helping the cause of the Leafs not making the playoffs.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO

Once again, there's no rule against bashing other teams. We're not going to moderate posts that make fun of organizations. Taking direct shots at fanbases is a different story.

Just use your discretion. This is a great group of posters, and I hate tossing out edicts like this. I just feel it needs to be reiterated given the healthy dislike our fans seem to have for the Leafs. Bash the team all you like, but try and draw the line at bashing their fans. They read this board, just like I'm sure many of you read their board and wouldn't like them making blanket statements about Jets fans. :)

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Once again, there's no rule against bashing other teams. We're not going to moderate posts that make fun of organizations. Taking direct shots at fanbases is a different story.

Just use your discretion. This is a great group of posters, and I hate tossing out edicts like this. I just feel it needs to be reiterated given the healthy dislike our fans seem to have for the Leafs. Bash the team all you like, but try and draw the line at bashing their fans. They read this board, just like I'm sure many of you read their board and wouldn't like them making blanket statements about Jets fans. :)

Bah I was just trying to make the point that it has nothing to do with hockey and really rubs me the wrong way because it is a situation that involves the loss of jobs and well.. I guess I am the only one who finds this extremely offensive. I guess I'll drop it. GO Jets GO

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Bah I was just trying to make the point that it has nothing to do with hockey and really rubs me the wrong way because it is a situation that involves the loss of jobs and well.. I guess I am the only one who finds this extremely offensive.

Trust me
You are not the only one.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Yeah I don't see how it's ever okay to poke fun at relocation. It's a really tough situation and has nothing to do with how good a team is. :shakehead

Don't worry. They're still just waiting for Bettman to relocate an NHL team to Toronto. It's all just out of jealousy.

I think we need an epic bro day thread to purge all of this. :)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I am worried about this game btw. Leafs are a much better road team than home team for some reason. Jets better be ready to play.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
I am worried about this game btw. Leafs are a much better road team than home team for some reason. Jets better be ready to play.

I am pretty worried too. This team.. will make me die one day

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Don't worry. They're still just waiting for Bettman to relocate an NHL team to Toronto. It's all just out of jealousy.

I think we need an epic bro day thread to purge all of this. :)

Not sure this one's epic, but it's good to go. Bets on whether I fall asleep before I post it at midnight? :laugh: Think I got food poisoning today, so I'm a bit out of it at the moment.

And I agree - Toronto has waited almost as long as Winnipeg did to get an NHL team. Hopefully it happens in the next couple of years. ;)

jetkarma*

From the Leaf games I have watched this year they have played harder than the Jets imo , and as mentioned a tough road team with Carlyle making a return. Motivation will be a key for both sides .

After this 4 of 5 at home we are on the road for like 8 or 9 of the next 12 or 12 games? If we don't have a really strong home stand , the road trip may pretty much make it all uphill for the rest of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
randy_carlyle_7.jpg

Liked him as a Jet, liked him as a Moose coach, happy when he coached Anaheim to the Stanley Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad