Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Laughs aka The suckiest sucks that ever sucked (Feb 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I also find the Laughs laughable and enjoy snickering in their general direction when things are not going their way.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Epic Rivalry.

Posting this as I know it drives certain fans crazy. ;) I actually appreciate the path they've decided to take this year. Surprised they actually unloaded some dead weight, and are allowing some of the youngsters to play.

That said: they must be crushed.

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Remember that old ridiculous rumor where the Jets were interested in JVR? Funny thing is that he is doing quite well with the leafs. 6 goals and 1 assist in 10 games. A guy to look out for. That being said. JETS MUST BEAT LEAFS!

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Epic Rivalry.

Posting this as I know it drives certain fans crazy. ;) I actually appreciate the path they've decided to take this year. Surprised they actually unloaded some dead weight, and are allowing some of the youngsters to play.

That said: they must be crushed.

Funny
I know another team that should be doing that.

Anyways, hope we show up for the first time in 2 weeks, and that it is a good game

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Leafs are terrible at home but according to TNSE are 4-1 on the road so this should be a good game.

I will be in attendance and I really hope I don't have to endure the taunting of the leaf nation :help:

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
i was really hoping Kessel would have scored last night because I have a feeling Pavs will give him one and I don't want to listen to every frickin sports show from the center of the universe talk about Kessel for 2 days straight.

What are the chances Tony P gets a shot at Orr???

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
This one should be craptacular, keeping barf bag handy. Wonder which team will try throwing the game 1st. Refs I'm sure have their Pro-Line tickets filled out already.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
i was really hoping Kessel would have scored last night because I have a feeling Pavs will give him one and I don't want to listen to every frickin sports show from the center of the universe talk about Kessel for 2 days straight.

What are the chances Tony P gets a shot at Orr???

Funny morningwood I had posted that I sure hope Kessel doesn't break out of his slump but I edited it out because I didn't want the vodoo jinx magic

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Leafs are terrible at home but according to TNSE are 4-1 on the road so this should be a good game.

I will be in attendance and I really hope I don't have to endure the taunting of the leaf nation :help:

Only game i went to last year where the away fans in the building legitimately pissed me off. One guy sitting in the front row of our section stood and turned around flipped off the whole section. Only time away fans were legitimately rude and *******s, IMO. Only time I saw a real fist fight outside the arena after the game. Absolutely hated the Leaf fans who attended the Dec 31 game last year, unfortunately I have a Leaf game again this year later, urgh

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Only game i went to last year where the away fans in the building legitimately pissed me off. One guy sitting in the front row of our section stood and turned around flipped off the whole section. Only time away fans were legitimately rude and *******s, IMO. Only time I saw a real fist fight outside the arena after the game. Absolutely hated the Leaf fans who attended the Dec 31 game last year, unfortunately I have a Leaf game again this year later, urgh

That's the thing that's annoying. It's the whole fact it's completely mind boggling. The most well known failure "mickey mouse" organization in the NHL (one of the tops in professional sports) somehow also has the cockiest fans.

How does that even happen? Other than a supernatural occurrence I suspect it has to do with overcompensation. I view the leaf fanbase like I do a guy with a huge suped up truck. Their attitude is the truck and the team is their, well...you know.

Bloody ****ers.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
I think during the Sportsnet pre-season picks the whole network pick a Leafs vs. Leafs Stanley Cup final.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
there will be lots of them, they feel stronger in numbers, but don't worry, the majority of them are distracted by the big bright lights

A laser pointer usually works too. If you turn it off just as the red dot goes under one of the concession stands they will usually keep looking for it for at least a half hour.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
As one of those Leaf fans from last year (although I got along well with my section in the NYE game and didn't say anything for the other game), I didn't encounter much of the stuff that people are talking about here. My section had a lot of fans, but they were some mostly some older couples who weren't decked out in Leafs stuff.

This year it's all Jets. Leafs are still my number 2 team but the 2 points for the Jets are most important tomorrow.

Blackie Dammit

proud flatlander
Jun 27, 2011
Interlake
A laser pointer usually works too. If you turn it off just as the red dot goes under one of the concession stands they will usually keep looking for it for at least a half hour.

that visual made me laugh out effing loud. If someone could make a cartoon GIF out of this it would be the best thing ever made:yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad