GDT: Jets Vs. Canucks (Oct 18rd, 7 P.M.) - Gamers' Delight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
If Vertanan (sic) still has more points than Ehlers by February I will BBQ a tennis shoe and eat it.
wow febuary. that's not a ringing endorsement. he is only 2g behind. but when he has only scored 2 goals in almost 40 games I kind of understand febuary. what troubles me is not to many games in the last 40 when you can say good game by him. he likes to score against Vancouver so maybe tonight.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
If Laine doesn't do something special tonight, he's going to be hearing about it (and Fortnite) for weeks.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Great that Buff is back but wtf Kuli out for Chiarot or Morrow...…..seriously wtf?

I know Kuli is still getting his sea legs back but he's still a better pair with Myers than those other two.

44-8
70-33
5-57

At least until Niku is ready.
Almost. I'd swap Chia for Morrow.

No way Morrow has been better than Chiarot

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Maurice talking about the ELL line -- says he really likes the structure of the "other two lines." Well, that's three lines in total. Guess the fourth line has the day off, or at least will get the ice time equivalent.

After a year together, ELL is still learning to play with each other, according to Maurice. Personally I think if they haven't learned by now, they're not going to.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Great that Buff is back but wtf Kuli out for Chiarot or Morrow...…..seriously wtf?

I know Kuli is still getting his sea legs back but he's still a better pair with Myers than those other two.

44-8
70-33
5-57

At least until Niku is ready.
I couldn't agree more.

Here are the 5v5 shot metrics (relCF and relxGF) for the 4 possible pairings with Buff and Myers (2017/18 and 2018/19, including 2018 playoffs):

Try to guess which Buff and Myers pairings Maurice has selected.

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-18_12-48-1.png
    upload_2018-10-18_12-48-1.png
    18 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
If the Jets lose this game I will be mildly annoyed.

This place should be much more mellow in this modern age of cilantro, right? :laugh:

I don't know, with those lineups it would be like waiting at the DMV. That's never good for stress levels. Or waiting in line at a Beatles movie, in which case we'd have to act like screaming girls (not that we don't anyway, though there's often less bliss involved).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If the Jets lose this game I will be mildly annoyed.

This place should be much more mellow in this modern age of cilantro, right? :laugh:

No cilantro stores are open where I live yet. Apparantly supply is a little low right now.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
If Hellebuyck loses this game, I think we have to start Brossoit the next game. But I think we'll likely win this game, we just need the D to not rely on Hellebuyck so much, he's a good goalie, but you can't have him working too hard and being the top defenseman on the ice all the time, he needs help like all goaltenders do. I find the Jets are getting too comfortable, can't ever do that. But Buff coming back I think will likely be a big difference maker in this game. I find Trouba has gotten worse.

#FreeZhamnov5GoalGame

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I couldn't agree more.

Here are the 5v5 shot metrics (relCF and relxGF) for the 4 possible pairings with Buff and Myers (2017/18 and 2018/19, including 2018 playoffs):

Try to guess which Buff and Myers pairings Maurice has selected.

Don't even need to look....

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
maybe it's just me, but these cilantro comments remind me of an 80+ year old relative who tells the same fing joke/story every time you see them
You have been promoted to the deck, comrade, for displaying exceptional accuracy in this post.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Maurice talking about the ELL line -- says he really likes the structure of the "other two lines." Well, that's three lines in total. Guess the fourth line has the day off, or at least will get the ice time equivalent.

After a year together, ELL is still learning to play with each other, according to Maurice. Personally I think if they haven't learned by now, they're not going to.

Yeah he was going out if his way to really BS the chemistry of that line. He's also lying to himself if he's happy with how the first line has been performing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad