GDT: Jets vs Blues November 24 - "Is it a one or a two?" - Sat Nov 24, 6PM - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I think the Jets win this game by quite a big margin. They've now blown 2 goal leads against the Oilers, Toronto, and now the Wild, ansd will be pissed right off, and come out smoking mad, and play hard for all 3 periods.

These 3 games we've given up with 2 Goal leads, would have resulted in 6 extra points, had we held on to win them--maybe first place. You'll rarely see the Predadors giving up 3rd period leads.

Key for this game= start Brossoit !!! I'd run him for the next 2 games and sit Helle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fairview

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Awesome GDT, Zhammers! :thumbu:

Let's move on from yesterday's stinker and show St. Louis what the blues really are!

And since it looks like we're resurrecting some old superstitions in this thread...

C'mon Jim, do the voodoo that you do so well... for the good guys, of corsi... :nod:

corsi_jim_team_staf.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Does anybody remember if Maurice has ever coached an even spread of ice time for his lines in any of the teams he's coached over the years?

Would be nice to see that starting say, from this game against the Blues! Seeing as we supposedly have a cup contender roster and a lot of quality players.

The 4 game home stand he did a good job of it imo. When he is on the road he tends to focus much more on matchups and thus he gets back into overplaying certain players. Both the fourth and second line have proven they can handle the odd shift against the other teams best players so he shouldn't need to be as rigid on the road. This team is talented enough that he really shouldn't need to have a different coaching philosophy for when the team is on the road. He just needs to let his guys go out there and play.

This is a big game, we need the two points to salvage a .500 road trip.

I'm hoping for a more equitable distribution of ice time tonight, it is a back to back and I doubt it is in the teams best interest to have Scheifele and Wheeler north of 22 minutes a piece.

Edit:

Also free Niku, the bottom pairing has had more then enough chances to turn it around.

Reactions: Duke749 and GNP

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Maurice rides 2 guys so hard each and every game, it's like the he believes we have limited talent beyond 2 players. He is a coach who keeps proving over and over that he can't get the best out of the roster he has been given. He doesn't utilize the teams strengths to maximize our probability of success. Paul Maurice, you are the weakest link!
He rides two guys that aren’t as productive as the Little line. Just looking at the situational play Maurice is leaving his most potent offense on the bench at the oddest time and sending exhausted players out. I haven’t been a big detractor of the coach but he was awful last night.

CLL is you scoring line right now. Play them.

And start benching players who take lazy or stupid penalties. As fans we can bitch about the refs all we like but we deserved most of what we took last night and got away with a bunch more.

Maurice has the ability to change all of this.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Does anybody remember if Maurice has ever coached an even spread of ice time for his lines in any of the teams he's coached over the years?

Would be nice to see that starting say, from this game against the Blues! Seeing as we supposedly have a cup contender roster and a lot of quality players.

Well he had better start because when we get to the playoffs you can only go so far with a one line team. We’ve seen proof of that.

Reactions: Kratti

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
No, only against the VGK in the playoffs IIRC.

This little streak has me feeling like Markku Peltola in "The Man Without a Past", or perhaps Sam Rockwell in "Moon".

Thanks Zham for the creative input!

I thought so...

Reason i keep feeling Jets were not going to lose to Vegas.

Specially 3 in a row.

I waaaaassss wrong! :ha:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Maurice rides 2 guys so hard each and every game, it's like the he believes we have limited talent beyond 2 players. He is a coach who keeps proving over and over that he can't get the best out of the roster he has been given. He doesn't utilize the teams strengths to maximize our probability of success. Paul Maurice, you are the weakest link!

It is no secret that Maurice has a man crush on Scheifele and Wheeler.

He plays them until they have to crawl back to the bench.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
"Crap"tastic GDT Zhamnov! Dano was hilarious and the "trough" brought back some memories of the old barn...

hockey-goal-in-urinal2-e1313695125142.jpg

Yesterday's game wasn't "crappy" until the Wild turned things around in the "turd" period.

99d8a97e322d97a2ff02870eefd004e0--hockey-goalie-hockey-mom.jpg

The Jets need to get "going" in order to make more Stanley Cup "runs" in the future!

40ff8dc00d99cc5a00171af920b187b6.jpg

Come on guys, let's "flush" them B"loo"s away tonight! Go Jets Go!

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
He rides two guys that aren’t as productive as the Little line. Just looking at the situational play Maurice is leaving his most potent offense on the bench at the oddest time and sending exhausted players out. I haven’t been a big detractor of the coach but he was awful last night.

And start benching players who take lazy or stupid penalties. As fans we can ***** about the refs all we like but we deserved most of what we took last night and got away with a bunch more.

He is playing them -
Is there a certain instance that he didn't that is bothering you?

The difference in minutes between 2nd and 3rd is mainly PK time - do you want Laine and Connor on the PK more? Probably not.

Do you want want Wheels and Scheif on less? If so, who replaces them. Do you think our 4th line is ready to PK?

With the number of penalties we take, how important is the PK on this team?

What's your plan - this is getting brought up almost every post yet.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
After the beat down by the Flames some said that the really good teams never have that happen to them and pointed towards the Predators, well they got it handed to them last night by the Blues last night, who we very aggressive with them, expect the same tonight against the Jets who better be ready, that being said I think the Jets come back with a real good game and win provided they don't spend the majority of the game in the penalty box and M&M play is at least decent.

That's a lot to ask for all at once from the Jets. Maybe one or the other, for a period or two at a time. I'd hate to see them strain themselves trying to be professional.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
With the amount of penalties this team is taking this year there is not a coach in the league that would be spreading the ice time evenly, the guys that PK will always get more minutes.

That might be true superficially but the degree to which Maurice takes it is asinine. Practically every game he watches Wheeler getting bagged. All last year he watched it, and over the year had the chance to watch the cumulative effect all of those single baggings had on Wheeler (and to a lesser extent Scheifele). His solution for this year? Be even more asinine. It's like he's blind, though Occam might suggest that, no, not blind, just stupid.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

And start benching players who take lazy or stupid penalties. As fans we can ***** about the refs all we like but we deserved most of what we took last night and got away with a bunch more.

He has the authority to change it. I doubt he has the ability.

Ukkosenjumala

Nov 24, 2017
Finland
The most frustrating part of being the second most penalized team in the league is that the bulk of the PIM is in the hands of a few players. The top 5 of Chiarot, Myers, Lemieux, Tanev and Buff combine for roughly 50 % of the PIM on the team. Scheifele, Trouba and Wheeler arent far off but atleast they're major contributors to the team. You take a look at that Top 5 and ask yourself if outside of Buff, any of those players are worth the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad