GDT: Jets vs Blues November 24 - "Is it a one or a two?" - Sat Nov 24, 6PM - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
DywF9s5.jpg
aKckZEH.jpg
fcFe8TR.jpg
qp2NNd8.jpg
8f4Oi83.jpg
E3gzKz6.jpg
jxTgsey.jpg
WApJKqq.jpg
J5dQaSm.jpg
V12ZsnF.jpg
ZLLQsT9.jpg
joFPiy4.jpg

editor's note: yes, I know Ehers isn't Dutch

Wui96zK.jpg

1KtKANi.jpg
giphy.gif
frY4Tdb.jpg
giphy.gif
SI8ji8n.jpg
gocSuWH.jpg
8XZX8ns.jpg
xhuml2I.jpg
oBYZpmj.jpg
qFeuuwe.jpg
giphy.gif
gBUNLWJ.jpg
BpFBPtI.jpg
giphy.gif
BB1AkTg.jpg

EPwTqee.jpg
lGrG9LW.jpg

Vekke

Feb 28, 2018
Hopefully first line bounces back tonight. I have a gut feeling that Jets have scored much less this year than usually. Laine has a clear pattern 3-2-1 so no help from there.

And I really like to see Croissant starting this one.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I am still traumatized by the loss last game. I think we might see Niku in the lineup, I think that 3rd pairing is even starting to work Maurice's last nerve judging by his post-game presser. Not that putting Niku in with Myers right now is putting him in a position to succeed but something has to be done about that 3rd pairing.

If Niku doesn't break into the lineup, I don't even know what to say anymore.

I hope Copp is okay and healthy for tomorrow.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Funny shit Zhamnov !! Myers should have been Tom Hanks pee from the Green Mile , very painful to watch . :laugh: Need to win this game and hold on to a lead if we get it .

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Onward and upward, yesterday was a day that the Jets really PMO both on and off the ice (and especially behind the Jets bench)

Stanley Cup Contenders all right, more like pretenders, this team is going to struggle to even get a playoff spot.

Reactions: SUX2BU and FFHockey

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A few quick thoughts...

Usage of Scheifele and Wheeler is a problem for Maurice. They ran out of gas yesterday and have run out of gas in previous games. I think that likely has played a part of the Jets' 3rd period woes. Both are playing more than a minute per game more than last season, and a chunk of that extra time is on the PK, which are hard minutes for those two. Last season, Hendricks played about 1:30 minutes more than Roslovic had, entirely due to more PK time. I think Maurice needs to find a couple of new PKers. Roslovic seems like a good option. They also need to take fewer penalties. It's getting ridiculous, now.

It's time to shake up the 3rd pair. The Jets don't have great options because neither Myers nor Morrow have been adequate. The obvious short term option is Niku for Morrow. They need to get Niku NHL time anyway, in case they need him down the stretch and in the playoffs. A couple of losses and mediocre play is a perfect time to choose Niku. But Myers has also been a big problem. He needs a better partner, but him main issue remains his slow reactions, especially with the puck. It seems partly due to a lack of confidence, but the coaches need to sort it out. As I noted in the post game thread, I'd consider Poolman. At least he's stronger defensively.

The clamour for a 2C has been overblown, IMO. Little has quietly had a strong season in many respects, and was dragged down by lackluster starts by the ill-fitted Ehlers/Laine winger duo. I like the current top two lines, if Scheifele and Wheeler are fresh.

Finally, I can't understand why Perreault doesn't get a run with Lowry. I understand Maurice wanting some offense on the 4th line, but he's not using them so it's a waste. I can't think of any reason why Maurice can't find more ice time for Roslovic and Perreault. PK time for Roslovic and more 5v5 time for the line seem like good options.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
As both teams are on a back-to-back I'm pretty happy that the Jets are playing again tonight so they have the opportunity to wash away that third period from my memory.

#FreeNiku

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Zham this is hilarious.....our fan base needs a break from their sorrow.

HFBoards after losses for any team is always pretty intense. Jets are hitting a rough patch and if they lose tonight I might need to avoid the board for a few days due to the usual Michael Jackson thriller video factor.

Last edited:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Two brutal losses in a row, I'm good with mixing up the lineup. Niku? Lemiuex?

Jets got this

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
A few quick thoughts...

Usage of Scheifele and Wheeler is a problem for Maurice. They ran out of gas yesterday and have run out of gas in previous games. I think that likely has played a part of the Jets' 3rd period woes. Both are playing more than a minute per game more than last season, and a chunk of that extra time is on the PK, which are hard minutes for those two. Last season, Hendricks played about 1:30 minutes more than Roslovic had, entirely due to more PK time. I think Maurice needs to find a couple of new PKers. Roslovic seems like a good option. They also need to take fewer penalties. It's getting ridiculous, now.

It's time to shake up the 3rd pair. The Jets don't have great options because neither Myers nor Morrow have been adequate. The obvious short term option is Niku for Morrow. They need to get Niku NHL time anyway, in case they need him down the stretch and in the playoffs. A couple of losses and mediocre play is a perfect time to choose Niku. But Myers has also been a big problem. He needs a better partner, but him main issue remains his slow reactions, especially with the puck. It seems partly due to a lack of confidence, but the coaches need to sort it out. As I noted in the post game thread, I'd consider Poolman. At least he's stronger defensively.

The clamour for a 2C has been overblown, IMO. Little has quietly had a strong season in many respects, and was dragged down by lackluster starts by the ill-fitted Ehlers/Laine winger duo. I like the current top two lines, if Scheifele and Wheeler are fresh.

Finally, I can't understand why Perreault doesn't get a run with Lowry. I understand Maurice wanting some offense on the 4th line, but he's not using them so it's a waste. I can't think of any reason why Maurice can't find more ice time for Roslovic and Perreault. PK time for Roslovic and more 5v5 time for the line seem like good options.

You nailed it Whileee

I am not sure what the plan is for Paul. He has to know he is playing Scheif and Wheeler to death on the nights we take heavy penalties.......he needs to come up with a plan B and another set of forwards who can PK.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
A week of 9:00 PM and 3:00 PM games was bound to go off the rails. Time for Niku to draw in. Actually it is over due. Agree with the thoughts of taking Scheifele and Wheeler off the PK. No need to make them play those hard minutes on top of the ice time they already get. No reason Rosie can't be used as a PKer at this point in his career. My thought is with Copp, while Lowry and Tanev make up your other PK unit.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A week of 9:00 PM and 3:00 PM games was bound to go off the rails. Time for Niku to draw in. Actually it is over due. Agree with the thoughts of taking Scheifele and Wheeler off the PK. No need to make them play those hard minutes on top of the ice time they already get. No reason Rosie can't be used as a PKer at this point in his career. My thought is with Copp, while Lowry and Tanev make up your other PK unit.
PK?

Lowry/Tanev
Copp/Roslovic
Perreault/Little

Add a dash of Connor, Scheifele and Wheeler from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad