GDT: Jets vs Blues November 24 - "Is it a one or a two?" - Sat Nov 24, 6PM - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Maurice rides 2 guys so hard each and every game, it's like the he believes we have limited talent beyond 2 players. He is a coach who keeps proving over and over that he can't get the best out of the roster he has been given. He doesn't utilize the teams strengths to maximize our probability of success. Paul Maurice, you are the weakest link!

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Have a bad feeling about this one
5-1 Blues
Hope I’m wrong.
We have played well enough but we have folded inexplicably.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Maurice rides 2 guys so hard each and every game, it's like the he believes we have limited talent beyond 2 players. He is a coach who keeps proving over and over that he can't get the best out of the roster he has been given. He doesn't utilize the teams strengths to maximize our probability of success. Paul Maurice, you are the weakest link!
Maurice has never been an "idea guy", just a smooth talking old school coach running with what got him there. I agree! I'd like to see them roll 4 lines (admittedly its tough when you lose a guy).

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
shaksspeasre.jpg

Why, Mo, he doth coach the narrow’d PK
Like a Colossus, and his tired first line
Play under his huge legs and peep about
To find themselves dishonourable graves.

Yet the Jets at some time are masters of their fates:
The fault, dear HF boarders, is not in our stars,
El Kapitan and Fefe: who should be in that PK?
Why should that game be sounded more than 5 on 5?

Farmboy, or Litts/Roslo together, yours is as fair a name;
Send them, it doth become the solution as well;
Weigh them, it is as heavy; conjure with 'em,
And Scheif will start afresh as soon as penalties decrease.

Now, in the names of all the hockey gods at once,
Upon what meat doth this Maurice feed,
That his judgement has grown so great? Vets, thou art bagged!
Mo, thou hast wasted the breed of noble bloods!

Now is it St. Lou indeed and room enough,
But when in goal there is in it room for but one Croissant.
O, you and I have heard our board mates say,
There was a Coach once that would have brook'd
The eternal devil to keep his state in Jets-land
As easily as a stubborn king.

Last edited:

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Does anybody remember if Maurice has ever coached an even spread of ice time for his lines in any of the teams he's coached over the years?

Would be nice to see that starting say, from this game against the Blues! Seeing as we supposedly have a cup contender roster and a lot of quality players.

Reactions: sipowicz

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Does anybody remember if Maurice has ever coached an even spread of ice time for his lines in any of the teams he's coached over the years?

Would be nice to see that starting say, from this game against the Blues! Seeing as we supposedly have a cup contender roster and a lot of quality players.

With the amount of penalties this team is taking this year there is not a coach in the league that would be spreading the ice time evenly, the guys that PK will always get more minutes.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Note: Coach Maurice, please play the second line more often when our discipline goes south and we wind up on continuous PK. Or anyone but Sheif and Wheels, just take their minutes down.

Have you actually looked at the even strength ice time from last game or is it just a reflex to blame Maurice?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
With the amount of penalties this team is taking this year there is not a coach in the league that would be spreading the ice time evenly, the guys that PK will always get more minutes.

Correct. And this is where we need to dial back Scheif and Wheeler’s ice time. We can’t afford to keep putting them out there PKing. I’m sure Mo knows this but it takes some time for him to trust youngsters.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
After the beat down by the Flames some said that the really good teams never have that happen to them and pointed towards the Predators, well they got it handed to them last night by the Blues last night, who we very aggressive with them, expect the same tonight against the Jets who better be ready, that being said I think the Jets come back with a real good game and win provided they don't spend the majority of the game in the penalty box and M&M play is at least decent.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Maurice has never been an "idea guy", just a smooth talking old school coach running with what got him there. I agree! I'd like to see them roll 4 lines (admittedly its tough when you lose a guy).

The game dictates how the lines roll - unless you are fortunate enough to have 4 comparable scoring lines - and we don't.

I wish it was as simple as "hey, lets roll 4 lines".

That's when you get "why wasn't the Little line out there", or "why did we have the 4th out there in the final 4 minutes?"
Comments similar to this were posted in last nights GDT.

The coach criticism will never stop regardless of how we roll the lines - mainly because he is the easiest target for the Monday morning QB.

Edit - GJG!!!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The game dictates how the lines roll - unless you are fortunate enough to have 4 comparable scoring lines - and we don't.

I wish it was as simple as "hey, lets roll 4 lines".

That's when you get "why wasn't the Little line out there", or "why did we have the 4th out there in the final 4 minutes?"
Comments similar to this were posted in last nights GDT.

The coach criticism will never stop regardless of how we roll the lines - mainly because he is the easiest target for the Monday morning QB.

Edit - GJG!!!
One thing that would be simple is to not have Blake Wheeler falling all over the place because he's gassed. Its really hard to believe there's still a coach who isn't familiar with the short shift concept.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Correct. And this is where we need to dial back Scheif and Wheeler’s ice time. We can’t afford to keep putting them out there PKing. I’m sure Mo knows this but it takes some time for him to trust youngsters.

Good point -
I wonder what could have (or would have) happened out there last night if we played the youngsters rather than the vets.
How many penalties did we take? How many PP goals did the Wild score?

I'm not saying we are doing it right - but I am saying we need to be careful how we do it.

Reactions: Duke749

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011

I agree, but can you imagine the hyperbole if he played the kids and the kids got schooled hard, I want to win but that would be a fun PGT

Reactions: Duke749

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
One thing that would be simple is to not have Blake Wheeler falling all over the place because he's gassed. Its really hard to believe there's still a coach who isn't familiar with the short shift concept.

TBH, I didn't notice a lot of long shifts - what I noticed is Maurice uses Wheels and Scheif in a lot of situations (5on5, PK and #1PP) - they are going to rack up a lot of minutes if that continues.
Rather than worrying about a long shift here or there, they need to prepare a few more bodies to play PK - especially in nights when you take 7 penalties.
Our 4th line needs to get more involved on the PK - if the current 4th line make up is suited for that role and that IMO, is debatable.

one other person

Tripping thru time and space
Feb 19, 2018
Sunny St. Somewhere
Not that it might make a big difference to the final outcome of any given game but what’s it gonna take to get Niku into the lineup? Maybe a home game? I’d like to see the kid play!

Edit: another classic GDT. Hockey and other distractions are fine but toilet time is still the best part of the day.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
ya know...today would be a great day to rotate Niku into the line-up. Hell, toss in Lemieux as well.
back-to-back games. on the road.
do it, Paul.
i know you want it.
call now.

Reactions: one other person

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Not that it might make a big difference to the final outcome of any given game but what’s it gonna take to get Niku into the lineup? Maybe a home game? I’d like to see the kid play!

Edit: another classic GDT. Hockey and other distractions are fine but toilet time is still the best part of the day.
I think on the road after a couple loses would be a real good time to insert Niku. It has also now been a couple weeks since he has played and you don't want him sitting too long. I'd also like to see Brossoit get the start so we aren't running Helly too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad