Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Blackhawks - February 6 - 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Figured we needed a fresh thread to start thinking about winning again. :D

Hopefully Hutch #Clutchinson can pull off another of his great games against the Windy City.

GJG :yo:

White Out 403*

I need some good news, I sadly lost my election but handled myself in a very classy and respectful way in defeat. I'm sad I didn't get the job though... it would have been amazing.

We're too close to comfort for a lot of teams I thought we were done with. Get the win.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
handled myself in a very classy and respectful way in defeat.

That counts for a lot. People will remember that next time around.

So, we got the PK back. We got the energy and gumption back. LLW are back. Now, if we can only get goaltending back (Pavs was half way there), we're golden.

I'm not going to suggest less penalties. I've given up on that.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
That counts for a lot. People will remember that next time around.

So, we got the PK back. We got the energy and gumption back. LLW are back. Now, if we can only get goaltending back (Pavs was half way there), we're golden.

I'm not going to suggest less penalties. I've given up on that.

I'll be happy with less lazy penalties. The rest are bearable.

Lets get back on track! :handclap:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Beating a team as good as the Hawks 4 straight times?

200_s.gif

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Forgive me if this has been beaten to death, but why on earth would Maurice play Byfuglien at forward...ever. He's been an elite offensive defenseman that logs a ton of minutes. He was widely ineffective earlier in the year as a forward, then made the all-star team as a defenseman. What's the rationale here? Do you anticipate that he'll play more forward down the stretch? I know he's said he hates playing as a forward.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Forgive me if this has been beaten to death, but why on earth would Maurice play Byfuglien at forward...ever. He's been an elite offensive defenseman that logs a ton of minutes. He was widely ineffective earlier in the year as a forward, then made the all-star team as a defenseman. What's the rationale here? Do you anticipate that he'll play more forward down the stretch? I know he's said he hates playing as a forward.

See Kane, Evander, healthy scratch.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

No he just played last night because we had 11 forwards since Kane was held out.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Kane was scratched: they weren't carrying enough forwards to even make a full line-up without Buff going to forward for the Vancouver game. I'm sure he'll be back on the blueline for the Chicago game on Friday.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Kane was scratched: they weren't carrying enough forwards to even make a full line-up without Buff going to forward for the Vancouver game. I'm sure he'll be back on the blueline for the Chicago game on Friday.

Wonder if they'll throw Harrison on the IR and bring up a fwd for more flexibility now.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

That makes sense, but it's still odd that they'd water down the effectiveness just because of that. You guys know more than I do, but it almost seems like throwing the extra defenseman on the 4th line and keeping Buff on D would be better, even if that extra D had limited forward experience.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Hawks have been struggling as well. I don't expect a series sweep against them, this could very well be that series where visitors are the winners. That being said, hopefully boys have gotten over the hump. Next three games are critical.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
That makes sense, but it's still odd that they'd water down the effectiveness just because of that. You guys know more than I do, but it almost seems like throwing the extra defenseman on the 4th line and keeping Buff on D would be better, even if that extra D had limited forward experience.

One of the D on the 4th line would have been the better option.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So there's speculation (Bob mcKenzie) that Kane may be injured.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If that was the case you would think we would of had help coming from the rock today, but Bob is well connected so who knows

We don't play til saturday, there's still plenty of time for a callup to get here.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
hutch, you have been stellar up to now in the ahl and the nhl. i dont know what pavelec slipped in your asg break beer, but the time to get over your stigma and be clutchinson.

teebanas

Feb 27, 2013
West St Paul MB
If Kane was injured, what would the point be of saying it was a "coaches decision" as opposed to just saying he tweaked something ?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad