Post-Game Talk: Jets vs Avs | The Good, The Bad, and The Buff

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
There is no need to freak out now... If this extends throughout the home stand, then start to worry about missing the playoffs. All team go through rough stretches. A few different bounces and this team wins 2 or 3 of the OT games and this isn't considered a bad stretch at all.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Based on posts during/after games here, you'd think the refs are the only reason the Avs ever lose.

To be fair, at least every player on the team is accused of being awful or suck every game too.

That annoys me more than being biased about the refs.

Huis Clos*

The first 20 games of the season or so gave a bunch of you unrealistic expectations. This team is closer to their record in the last 10 games than the first 20.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Right now the wingers are giving the opposing defensemen way to much time on the point.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
There is no need to freak out now... If this extends throughout the home stand, then start to worry about missing the playoffs. All team go through rough stretches. A few different bounces and this team wins 2 or 3 of the OT games and this isn't considered a bad stretch at all.

Voice of reason.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
He has been saying that for a month now and nothing has changed.

They did it in that first game against Dallas ... all those goals were scored from outside, with a player in front of the goalie. I was so pumped that they had figured it out. The next game, next night, NO ONE crashed the net. They had already forgotten. So that is going to be a problem ... but they will eventually learn.

( I mean the first game of that last home and home...)

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It could be worse. They could have blown a 3-0 lead against the 28th team in the league at home.

The Wild are free falling and every team has games in hand on them. Bright side.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
They did it in that first game against Dallas ... all those goals were scored from outside, with a player in front of the goalie. I was so pumped that they had figured it out. The next game, next night, NO ONE crashed the net. They had already forgotten. So that is going to be a problem ... but they will eventually learn.

( I mean the first game of that last home and home...)

The Dallas game involved the D becoming more active. Our D isn't good enough to do it consistently. THAT is the problem.

Mant*

What really bugs me about this game is that a guy punching your goalie in the face immediately after the game winning goal was scored should lead to a brawl. Nobody on the team did anything to stick up for Varlamov, and that's a more telling sign that this team doesn't want it as much as others do. It's another symptom of why they are struggling to win games right now.

Zero heart.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
What really bugs me about this game is that a guy punching your goalie in the face immediately after the game winning goal was scored should lead to a brawl. Nobody on the team did anything to stick up for Varlamov, and that's a more telling sign that this team doesn't want it as much as others do. It's another symptom of why they are struggling to win games right now.

Zero heart.

Don't think anyone saw it.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Mackinnon is kreid close to surpassing his one remaining hertl to the calder.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Zero heart.

It's not clear if anybody saw it.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can't figure out what kind of classless **** intentionally punches the goalie in the head after the game winning OT goal is scored and then skates away to celebrate? Seriously, who does that?

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Roy says they're relying too much on Varly right now.

It's exactly the same as it was at the start of the season but we were scoring goals
I said it is a mirror of Anderson's first season with us

I was at that Chicago game and it was clear from the drop of the puck they weren't there to compete .... and it wasn't till the 3rd period that Varly could even save them

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
what an ugly butt ugly dog butt ugly game!!! Jets deserved the win... we played un- inspired hockey. Glad we got the loser point though...

I hate playing down to the level of poorer teams, or else the Jets are not a poorer team and there record is a fluke....
Positives???
Varly looked very good.
Madmac looked aggressive and more confident
Landy looked better, at least he had some jump and the Staz line had some chances.
Pap injury looked troubling.... ouch.
Another reason we need Tangs back... glad Roy said he will start skating soon....
Well looks like the 14 points is out... We look inept some times and its hard to reconcile with the games we play and dont looked inept

I think there record is more along the lines of where the Avs should be. Our record is likely more of a fluke then the Jets'.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I have a horrible feeling that this won't even be the worst we see of Avs this season.. I mean the whole barely .500 stretch we've been on. Don't hold your breath for PO hockey

Something is just not there. They need something to spark the team.

Said this a month ago, and the last few games. The late night early morning posters will come in letting you know you're over reacting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad