Post-Game Talk: Jets slip on an oil slick and run into a brick wall. Lose 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This is basically what Hutch did to the Hawks a couple of times last year.

Unfortunately, the Hawks and other top teams can repeat high-chance games like that on a regular basis. Us, not so much.

We stole those games but it wasn't this lop sided. They were 55-45 Corsi games IIRC, this one was a 67-33 game, I have never seen on this lopsided. Does anyone know what the record for the most lopsided Corsi game is?

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ladd looks like he wants out of Winnipeg, Chevy has to trade him right after the xmas break . He used to stand in front of the goalie all the time , he scored alot of redirect goals in the past doing this . He looks horrible in 80 % of our games this year and has taken some really dumb penalties , we need alot more out of our captain !!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
for those pumping Armia's tires:
can we please Vine that dump and chase where he dumped it into his own O corner and easily got beaten to the puck?
that was def a highlight

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
I've been positevely surprised how solid Armia has been on that fourthline role.

Considering that this is his first time in his career at such a role, if i remember correctly.

Would love to see him getting chance in more skilled and offensive line.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
for those pumping Armia's tires:
can we please Vine that dump and chase where he dumped it into his own O corner and easily got beaten to the puck?
that was def a highlight
Are you disappointed because he has looked good so far? [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
completely dominated the Oilers after the first period. Talbot played unreal, won the game which the Oilers had no business of winning. very frustrating game to watch

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Are you disappointed because he has looked good so far? [mod]

https://twitter.com/sadsackjetsfan/status/679138079181959168

people see what they want to see, i guess.
*shrugs*

but what did I see, in case you're curious?
a saw a 4th line getting hemmed into their own zone for the 4th period. i saw Copp make one nice scoring opportunity on O. i saw Armia not do a hell of a lot, but did LOL at that right wing "dump and chase" that looked really really bad. and i saw him not take out a body in the neutral zone when he could have, which would have slowed the play down. not saying Armia looked horrible or bad, but he definitely didn't look great in the 2nd and looked like a guy with a bad rap during that dump n chase.

and you? what did he look like?

Last edited by a moderator:

KANADA89

Sep 30, 2015
It was a ruff game for 4th line. 3, 4, 5min breaks without ice-time, and then having to run after the puck at the D-zone.

None of the guys at 4th line didn't do basically anything. If you consider that this is the first time Armia's career, he has to play in a 4th line role, i'd say he's done well. Not bad, not good.

Was it just a middle of a line change, or did Maurice put Armia - Burmi - Thorbs on the ice on purpose? It was 3-1 game, 3mins left and those three was at the ice. To me, it looked like Maurice sent them.

Anyways, would like to see Armia - Burmi - Ehlers against the Flames. Thorbs to the 4th line. Then I think the roles would be more suitable, for Armia, and for Thorbs.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
completely dominated the Oilers after the first period. Talbot played unreal, won the game which the Oilers had no business of winning. very frustrating game to watch

when you give up goals like the one given up to Schultz? where Ladd was in Laa(d)Laa(d) Land?
you deserve to lose

peg

Jul 8, 2010
when you give up goals like the one given up to Schultz? where Ladd was in Laa(d)Laa(d) Land?
you deserve to lose

If you look at the Oilers second goal you will see Ladd drifting back into the zone. Don't know if he could have caught the play but there was a total lack of effort.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
TOI

Buff 26:48
Trouba 25:10
Myers 25:05
Enstrom 17:40
Stuart 11:12
Chiarot 8:51

Enstrom is seeing 3-4 less minutes the last few games. Interesting?

Goalied which sucks

At least we finally got this right. Why we didn't do this in November will remain the greatest mystery to me.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
If you look at the Oilers second goal you will see Ladd drifting back into the zone. Don't know if he could have caught the play but there was a total lack of effort.

Ladd had a few good games a week or so ago, but i've been incredibly disappointed by his performance.
also, putting LLW as the shut-down line vs the Oilers' top line is like pitting an aardvark against a cheeta. it was tough to watch

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Anyways, would like to see Armia - Burmi - Ehlers against the Flames. Thorbs to the 4th line. Then I think the roles would be more suitable, for Armia, and for Thorbs.

I totally agree with this. Would be better positioning for both players. Bring on the ABE line.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
https://twitter.com/sadsackjetsfan/status/679138079181959168

people see what they want to see, i guess.
*shrugs*

but what did I see, in case you're curious?
a saw a 4th line getting hemmed into their own zone for the 4th period. i saw Copp make one nice scoring opportunity on O. i saw Armia not do a hell of a lot, but did LOL at that right wing "dump and chase" that looked really really bad. and i saw him not take out a body in the neutral zone when he could have, which would have slowed the play down. not saying Armia looked horrible or bad, but he definitely didn't look great in the 2nd and looked like a guy with a bad rap during that dump n chase.

and you? what did he look like?

Armi is the new Burmi. Lovers gonna love.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
You want to see another loss?

I'd give Ehlers the bump up because he is a Ferrari that is running with '53 Mercs!!!! Give him a chance to succeed with better players. How fast would that line be?
Wheeler and Scheif are smart D players...
Perreault Little Staf should be good defensively and put up some points.
Ladd would add some grit to the third and I'd like to see Armia play with so me higher end O players.... the 4th line with Hali Copp Thorbs would be a high energy line good for 9-10 minutes a game.

I'm not saying that they won't try your idea at some point, but don't you think they would want to try it at at least one practice first? They don't even have a morning skate scheduled today

Also those kind of line blender things happen when a team doesn't generate enough chances. That was not the problem in this game. It just doesn make sense to do it now for those reasons.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Goalied which sucks

At least we finally got this right. Why we didn't do this in November will remain the greatest mystery to me.

Pretty much the same ice distribution against the rangers

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Would be nice if we had any meaningful contribution from the third and fourth lines. It's fine for Ehlers and Burmi to skate around in open ice with the puck. But that doesn't actually contribute much except a few minutes of meaningless possession. Between our endless Jets / Moose rotation of third and fourth line contributors, they have about 16 goals between the 33x6 = 198 games they have played. And Scoreburn has 5 of them. Let's face it, we are a two line team now.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Armi is the new Burmi. Lovers gonna love.

here's the thing: i'm now seeing the Burmi i was seeing for the first 15 games of the Jets' first season. skills dripping, zero finish. but he was the best player out there yesterday

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I shut it off after 3-0 and watched the rest of the game later when I was in a better mood. Holy mother did they ever outplay the Oilers. Edmonton has nothing positive to take from that except their goalie played like a world beater.

I'll probably get flak for saying this but at least part of the Jets woes this year is plain bad luck. They've played games they deserve to lose, sure, but I can remember a handful of games this year that they should have definitely won and just a few bounces didn't go their way. Burmi hitting the post was absolutely ridiculous...gotta put Armia with those two or at least move Ehlers up the depth chart if you insist on playing Thorburn so much.

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
here's the thing: i'm now seeing the Burmi i was seeing for the first 15 games of the Jets' first season. skills dripping, zero finish. but he was the best player out there yesterday

Burmi is so freakin talented. I really want him to see him succeed. Imagine if those guys could finish...wow.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Oilers are lucky their goalies have been good this year... many games they have stole wins. team is still terrible but they have finally found goalies to count on. Unfortunate game for Jets

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Armia, Halischuk, Peluso, Copp. These are the members of our bottom 6. And the main point to notice is that we have a ZERO injuries this year so far. These guys would be middle six or higher players if we were to lose 3 or 4 players to injury. THAT'S scary! We have absolutely NO ROOM for injuries.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Oilers are lucky their goalies have been good this year... many games they have stole wins. team is still terrible but they have finally found goalies to count on. Unfortunate game for Jets

When was then last time a Jets goalie "stole" a game? October?

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
Armia, Halischuk, Peluso, Copp. These are the members of our bottom 6. And the main point to notice is that we have a ZERO injuries this year so far. These guys would be middle six or higher players if we were to lose 3 or 4 players to injury. THAT'S scary! We have absolutely NO ROOM for injuries.

Every team would be screwed if they lost 4 players from their first 3 lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad