Confirmed with Link: Jets sign LW Axel Blomqvist

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I honestly cannot believe this. As someone who has seem him play lots, I am honestly shocked. I'm sure most of Lethbridge is as well. Maybe he had a really good showing at camp, because from what he's done in Lethbridge, he hasn't deserved this IMO.

If he pans out great, if he doesn't no big deal.

I am shocked that people are shocked by this.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
I really like this. Essentially gaining a prospect for free - with the only asset spent being a contract slot. Which is something we have room to be flexible with anyway, as we're often using the extra slots on AHL talent to help out our lack of prospect depth down in St. Johns.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I honestly cannot believe this. As someone who has seem him play lots, I am honestly shocked. I'm sure most of Lethbridge is as well. Maybe he had a really good showing at camp, because from what he's done in Lethbridge, he hasn't deserved this IMO.

What good is a 6'5" frame if he plays like he's 5'5"?

Its funny, I was going to post that he actually played big.

You mean like Wheeler??

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Ok. You can make your opinions based on 2 games you saw. I'll make mine over a course of a season that I saw. I don't know why you're so defensive, I just gave my two sense, as I have probably seen him more than most people here. Apparently 29 NHL teams had the same opinion as me, as no team was willing to take a chance on him, other than the Jets. It's not the end all be all, but it is a good indication of where he stands right now, and how most scouts believe his play rates. That can change of course, but I have yet to see it.

Tolchinsky was also passed up in the draft and then signed by Carolina, he has 5 goals and 4 assists in 3 games to start the season in the OHL.

Again, if turns out to be an NHLer, great. If not then we lose nothing by signing him. You can't teach size.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I haven't looked it up, but I wonder how many teams have fewer pro contracts than the Jets do at the moment. I believe it was LeBrun who said the flames have lots of room for contracts - they are are 45 or 46 - I believe the Jets are at 41.

With Telegin suspended by the team, does his contract count against this number?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad