Post-Game Talk: Jets shot down in convincing fashion.

Derfel*

Agreed, found his post game interview to be somewhat pointed towards the players in front of him. Doubt that was his POV, but I could see a couple of players taking it that way.

Better to just stand up, I sucked tonight and didn't provide my team the type of goaltending this game required for us to be successful.

In otherwords, I had to stand on my head for us to have a shot, cause everyone else was sucking tonight.

Do you (or anyone) have a link to Hutch's post-game? Sounds interesting...

Also - why do you "doubt" that is his POV? He said it, didn't he? Maybe he felt he wasn't being supported by the team and his 4 in 9 wasn't entirely his fault? :dunno:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
@Derf: I don't think it's smart to throw your players under the bus, whether they deserved it or not. What's to be gained? Coaching staff will know the real reasons for the loss regardless of what you say to the media.

Derfel*

@Derf: I don't think it's smart to throw your players under the bus, whether they deserved it or not. What's to be gained? Coaching staff will know the real reasons for the loss regardless of what you say to the media.

Oh, I totally agree - I'm just saying he may have actually felt that. Likely not a good idea to say it, either way.

But it could have just been phrasing, etc.

rumple03

Oct 1, 2008
Thought some of you Jets fans might like this.

This was taken in the visitors dressing room at the Bell Centre after the optional skate.
Pards put us on the list at the security desk, took us in to show us the dressing room after their morning skate, hung out with my Dad and former teammates from the Screaming Eagles QMJHL team.

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I'd be a lot more sour about this loss if your Dad hadn't been there, rumple. Sounds like he had a great time.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Hutch's interview could have been real brief, "We were awful tonight, especially me".

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Oh, I totally agree - I'm just saying he may have actually felt that. Likely not a good idea to say it, either way.

But it could have just been phrasing, etc.

Yeah I heard his post-game comments (You can find it at http://video.jets.com/videocenter/). I didn't think he was calling out anyone...just because he says "we didn't play well" or whatever - it's acceptable to talk about "we" after that game I think. You're not throwing anyone under the bus - you're part of the "we".

After the game Stu said "We got ourselves down 2-0 early" we don't assume he's calling out Hutch for letting in 2 goals early...

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Thought some of you Jets fans might like this.

This was taken in the visitors dressing room at the Bell Centre after the optional skate.
Pards put us on the list at the security desk, took us in to show us the dressing room after their morning skate, hung out with my Dad and former teammates from the Screaming Eagles QMJHL team.

Really cool! Hope you and your dad had a good time.

Derfel*

Yeah I heard his post-game comments (You can find it at http://video.jets.com/videocenter/). I didn't think he was calling out anyone...just because he says "we didn't play well" or whatever - it's acceptable to talk about "we" after that game I think. You're not throwing anyone under the bus - you're part of the "we".

After the game Stu said "We got ourselves down 2-0 early" we don't assume he's calling out Hutch for letting in 2 goals early...

Look - I never said anything about throwing, buses or throwing under buses - I just wondered what his comments are, and if he perhaps felt he wasn't supported by the team in his early exit.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ugh, so much meaning being looked for in perfunctory, obligatory post game comments. Most of these guys could just have 2 recordings prepared for these things, one for a win and one for a loss. It's always the same rhetoric already.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Look - I never said anything about throwing, buses or throwing under buses - I just wondered what his comments are, and if he perhaps felt he wasn't supported by the team in his early exit.

Sorry, I was just quoting your post as a it was the most recent one in the thread.

If you watch his comments they seem pretty innocuous (to me, anyway).

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Ugh, so much meaning being looked for in perfunctory, obligatory post game comments. Most of these guys could just have 2 recordings prepared for these things, one for a win and one for a loss. It's always the same rhetoric already.

yeah nobody is reading much into the comments. I expect them to be meaningless. I just think as a player you are better off going with a lot of "I wasn't very good" after a bad loss than anything else...I haven't heard this most recent post game comment from Hutch but I've heard him in the past after what wasn't a very good game from him and he never really just says "I needed to be better tonight." It's always we didn't do this and we didn't do that - eventually that starts to sound like obfuscation to me...

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Do you (or anyone) have a link to Hutch's post-game? Sounds interesting...

Also - why do you "doubt" that is his POV? He said it, didn't he? Maybe he felt he wasn't being supported by the team and his 4 in 9 wasn't entirely his fault? :dunno:

Its on Jets TV, if you head to the Jets page.

Its nothing really, just expected him to take more of the blame than he did.

He actually does not call out his play at all.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Agreed, found his post game interview to be somewhat pointed towards the players in front of him. Doubt that was his POV, but I could see a couple of players taking it that way.

Better to just stand up, I sucked tonight and didn't provide my team the type of goaltending this game required for us to be successful.

In otherwords, I had to stand on my head for us to have a shot, cause everyone else was sucking tonight.

I liked Maurice's post-game presser actually. Basically, 'We didn't do our job, and it's my job to get the players prepared so I didn't do my job either'.

Derfel*

Just listened to it - he seemed focused on their problems offensively, not overall. Interesting take from a goalie?

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
The whole team sucked: defense, offense, goalie (though Pav did fine in his relief), and coaches. "We" should be all-inclusive in this case, and it sounds like most of them thought the same way, including the coach.

Sucked. Sucked terribly bad at hockey, they did. Onwards and upwards - time to put this one behind them and win the next ones.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Too busy to comment on the game until now. Had they not played the night before in Columbus I would swear that the team enjoyed themselves too much out on the town in Montreal the night before the game. It looked exactly like the whole team was hungover.

That's the only analysis I care to do over that game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Hopefully Toronto gets a dose of angry Winnipeg. They better ****in be angry I tell you

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
The nice thing about these losses is we always seem to have a layover after them for a few days then come back strong. No doubt Maurice will be making adjustments.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Not sure if a win by the Leafs tonight over Dallas is good news or bad news for Wednesday's game.

Gain some confidence from beating a tough team or take the next game (vs Jets) off cause they did ok against the Stars?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Not sure if a win by the Leafs tonight over Dallas is good news or bad news for Wednesday's game.

Gain some confidence from beating a tough team or take the next game (vs Jets) off cause they did ok against the Stars?

Not sure it really means anything. It looks like goaltending was the difference in their game against Dallas and it will depend on how the Jets play more so than how the Leafs play, IMO.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I don't think it should matter either way. The Jets will need to find a way to win enough games to stay in the playoff race no matter the circumstances of the other teams. The Jets are coming off their worst performance of the season, with 2 days rest against a far less talented team. A good team should take this one handily. I think the Jets are a good team so that's what I expect to happen.

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't think it should matter either way. The Jets will need to find a way to win enough games to stay in the playoff race no matter the circumstances of the other teams. The Jets are coming off their worst performance of the season, with 2 days rest against a far less talented team. A good team should take this one handily. I think the Jets are a good team so that's what I expect to happen.

Amen King Bogo...is it only Tuesday? Let's go already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad