GDT: Jets @ Red Wings | Tues Nov 12, 630PM | Joe Louis Arena | Kroppy Edition ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
In a perfect world, Montoya would start. Pav was fabulous in the SO against the Sharks and made some nice saves but he did let in 4, with his trademark questionable moments of play.

Monty beat the Wings and is rested. I would really love to see if he can come back in the net and play strong again. Please don't make him wait til December to play.

Who am I kidding, it's going to be Pavelec.

Hoping for another strong effort from the guys. Hoping that confidence leads to some offensive creativity and not laziness.

GO JETS GO!!!

I'd have to agree with you. We have to let Pavs know that no, your job isn't safe right now, you can't play lacklustre and expect to be in every night. Noel is probably thinking "well the last game Montoya started, we lost," but it's not like Pavs did any better against the Hawks. I would like to see Monty start again against a team he played well.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Cleary is in the press box for this one so our chances at victory have been reduced by approx. 11%

#statstalk

on the other hand maybe Babs can double shift Quincey

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I just don't get why ThorNburn is in and Peluso is out. Thor just really doesn't get anything done out there. Anthony must just shake his head when he's watching #22 lumber around the ice, missing hits, failing to clear the puck, and getting his face punched in.

:deadhorse

Annnnyways... I would love to see Redmond draw in but I just don't know who to pull out. Clitsome still has his 'puck is a grenade' moments but I think it's surrounded by really solid play. He's been more confident lately and I see him actually making calm decisions, slowing the play down, or actually skating the puck out of trouble. I still don't think he is the guy to babysit Byfuglien. Pardy and Ellerby have been really good too but again, I do not like them together. I would prefer Byfuglien and Ellerby and Pardy and Clitty. Those pairs make more sense to me. Ellerby has a good reach, positioning and skating which would help him break up all of the odd man rushed Buff creates. Pardy might help Clitsome explore his offensive side a bit more as he knows Pardy will be back and he doesn't have to worry about the 260 lb elephant in the room :laugh:. I am starting to like Toby and Bogo together more and more. They seem to have found some good chemistry and I think that Bogosian needs a solid partner right now till he can really get rolling.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: Ondrej Pavelec leaves the ice first and will start in goal for #NHLJets vs #RedWings

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I just don't get why ThorNburn is in and Peluso is out. Thor just really doesn't get anything done out there. Anthony must just shake his head when he's watching #22 lumber around the ice, missing hits, failing to clear the puck, and getting his face punched in.

:deadhorse

Annnnyways... I would love to see Redmond draw in but I just don't know who to pull out. Clitsome still has his 'puck is a grenade' moments but I think it's surrounded by really solid play. He's been more confident lately and I see him actually making calm decisions, slowing the play down, or actually skating the puck out of trouble. I still don't think he is the guy to babysit Byfuglien. Pardy and Ellerby have been really good too but again, I do not like them together. I would prefer Byfuglien and Ellerby and Pardy and Clitty. Those pairs make more sense to me. Ellerby has a good reach, positioning and skating which would help him break up all of the odd man rushed Buff creates. Pardy might help Clitsome explore his offensive side a bit more as he knows Pardy will be back and he doesn't have to worry about the 260 lb elephant in the room :laugh:. I am starting to like Toby and Bogo together more and more. They seem to have found some good chemistry and I think that Bogosian needs a solid partner right now till he can really get rolling.

Why do I always agree with you? This x100

Bogosian will eventually stop laying up so many pizzas. I hope

LowEnd88

Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg
I'd have to agree with you. We have to let Pavs know that no, your job isn't safe right now, you can't play lacklustre and expect to be in every night. Noel is probably thinking "well the last game Montoya started, we lost," but it's not like Pavs did any better against the Hawks. I would like to see Monty start again against a team he played well.

Agreed. We won the last game, but letting in 4 goals (0.882 SV%) is hardly the mark of excellent goaltending. Do we always have to wait for a loss + bad goaltending to see pavs not get the start?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Do we always have to wait for a loss + bad goaltending to see pavs not get the start?

Pretty much.

Also.... I somehow think $3,900,000 vs $601,000 is weighting on the coach's mind a little. JMGF.

I don't think it matters who plays goal for this team anymore. Montoya has shown he can play equal to Pavs and neither is elite, so toss a coin.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Well, we've looked pretty good as of late so I hope we can keep it up for a while. Maybe we have some things figured out?

I wish someone could tell me why Thor over Peluso though..... I don't get it at all.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Jets are losing 2-0 after the first period after outshooting 15-8.
During the first intermission they start an incantation, calling on the hockey PDO gods, and sacrifice James Wrights gloves of cement.
They Jets come out flying, drawing 5 penalties, and somehow score 7 PP goals out of them.

Jets win 9-4.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Pretty much.

Also.... I somehow think $3,900,000 vs $601,000 is weighting on the coach's mind a little. JMGF.

I don't think it matters who plays goal for this team anymore. Montoya has shown he can play equal to Pavs and neither is elite, so toss a coin.

I looked at the top 5 links for JMGF, and I don't think you're talking about a graduate fellowship.

I may be dumb, but what does JMGF stand for? :help:

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets are losing 2-0 after the first period after outshooting 15-8.
During the first intermission they start an incantation, calling on the hockey PDO gods, and sacrifice James Wrights gloves of cement.
They Jets come out flying, drawing 5 penalties, and somehow score 7 PP goals out of them.

Jets win 9-4.

On 6 shots. :laugh:

MadMen88

Oct 19, 2011
Darren Dutchyshen tonight on sporstcentre: "Pick it up midway through the first, Brian Little, the guys on fire, BANG! It's 1-0 Jets..."

bazaaa*

Great attitude, plays hard!

It's insane, I can't imagine there is a single fan that would rather have Thorburn out there than Peluso. Every time Peluso is out there he makes good decisions and good use of his time. I don't get it.

On the game, this could be a huge win for us to show some consistency, especially against good teams. Give us some hope for the season.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Pardy might help Clitsome explore his offensive side a bit more as he knows Pardy will be back and he doesn't have to worry about the 260 lb elephant in the room :laugh:.

Pardy makes some horrendous pinches. Worse than Byfuglien because they are completely unexpected. He doesn't compliment Clitsome at all.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I'm looking for a big night from Scheifele. This is his kind of opponent, and his game has been more dynamic recently.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
@WiebeSunSports: Based on early rushes, #NHLJets will stick with same lines, D pairs and lineup vs #RedWings and that means Zach Redmond, Anthony Peluso sit

So we're going to sit the fighter that can actually fight, skate, and forecheck for the fighter that does none of the above... again? :shakehead

When is Thorburn's contract up? Please say this summer...

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm looking for a big night from Scheifele. This is his kind of opponent, and his game has been more dynamic recently.

Hopefully Brighteyes can ya know concentrate. Here's a quote from an article in today's online Freep...

Perhaps no one is more excited to play in Joe Louis Arena tonight than Jets centre Mark Scheifele. The Jets rookie grew up as a huge Red Wings just three hours up the road in Kitchener and has an uncanny streak going that he’s hoping will finally end tonight.

"I’ve seen ten games here," Scheifele said of Joe Louis Arena, "and every time the Red Wings have won."

Scheifele said tonight’s game is a dream come true for a kid who saw his first Wings game at the age of 7. "It will be pretty fun. Detroit was my favourite team growing up and I always dreamt about playing in the ‘Joe.’ So for it to actually happen is pretty cool and hopefully we get the win."

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Scheifele & Pavelec pre-game audio

Mark-Scheifele-55-300x200.jpg

Mark Scheifele - Playing his first game at Joe Louis Arena. Favourite players? Has he ever been to the Joe before? Scheifele family Red Wings fans? What's it like being on the ice against these guys? What does he remember about his first game? How much family does he have coming to the game? What does he like about the Jets play? Confidence growing again.

Ondrej Pavelec - Talking about the Wings. What encouraged him most about last two wins. Getting some road traction.

To listen click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad