Confirmed with Link: Jets re-sign Connor Hellebuyck on a six-year, $37M contract ($6.167M AAV).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Still seems like a good contract

It definitely would be a good contract if Helle returns to last season's form -- if he doesn't it could be a very bad and costly mistake. We'll have to wait and see ??

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not if you count his NHL play prior to last season. In the NHL he's been bad or mediocre much more than he's been good or very good.

That is demonstrably incorrect. His career sv% is .916. That is about avg, or slightly above for a starter. So he has been a roughly equal mix of good and bad.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well this bump was dumb considering someone is ignorantly comparing Pavelec to Hellebuyck when in reality there is nothing similar to them.

No, this bump was dumb because we already have an active thread for discussing Hellebuyck, Pavlecian propensities or not.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Well this bump was dumb considering someone is ignorantly comparing Pavelec to Hellebuyck when in reality there is nothing similar to them.

That said, I understand being skeptical of big goalie contracts. But it’s still early so claiming to be some genius at this stage is definitely premature.

Nothing similar with Pavelec... except this and 2016 seasons’ save percentage, that happens to be exactly the same as Pavelec’s career save percentage. Hope he rebounds soon.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
That is demonstrably incorrect. His career sv% is .916. That is about avg, or slightly above for a starter. So he has been a roughly equal mix of good and bad.
Mediocre = average. This year he's been bad. I stand by my previous post.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mediocre = average. This year he's been bad. I stand by my previous post.

Yeah, I know what mediocre means.

In your previous post you said, "In the NHL he's been bad or mediocre much more than he's been good or very good". That = below avg. By a fair bit. See the bolded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducky10

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I s
Yeah, I know what mediocre means.

In your previous post you said, "In the NHL he's been bad or mediocre much more than he's been good or very good". That = below avg. By a fair bit. See the bolded.
And I stand by that. He's had one great season and the rest has been mediocre or poor. Just go look at his career stats with the Jets.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I s

And I stand by that. He's had one great season and the rest has been mediocre or poor. Just go look at his career stats with the Jets.
I see a career .916 in under 10,000 minutes played at age 25. I'd say it may be fair to say the jury is still out but we'll likely know by the end of this season where his trajectory is likely to end up.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I s

Re-read what you wrote. According to your post he is a below average goaltender. That is demonstrably wrong. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad