got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
When healthy:

Kreider - Stepan - MSL
Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash
Duclair - Hayes - Hagelin
Glass/Malone - Moore - Stempniak

Who am I missing? I'm always missing someone when I do stuff like this...

Can Hagelin play RW?

Would be open to swapping Nash and Kreider (then Kreider and Zucc, duh)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Am I the only one who's liked Mueller?

He's okay as a 13th forward, but I think ideally that's all he is.

Kreider-Stepan-MSL

Great line, Stepan works the best with Kreider out of anyone on the roster. Also give MSL two quality players to play with and set up a RH shot center and a good finisher on the left side.

Zucc-Brass-Nash

Puck possession monster of a line. Nash is a great finisher and can capitalize on the many chances of Zucc and Brass' creation. I want AV to leave them together and let some chemistry build,

Hags-Hayes-Duclair

Provided AV likes what he sees defensively, this line has great offensive potential. Tremendous speed on the wings, good vision and size in the middle. Shelter the hell out of them and they can be a solid line.

Glass/Malone-Moore-Stemp

Potential to be one of the best 4th lines in the league. Moore is one of the best 4c in the game and Stemp is a bonafide 3rd liner. Malone for size and net front presence or Glass for energy. That left side will be the weak link of the line but the other 2 are so good that this line should dominate other 4th lines.

NYR713

Jun 26, 2012
Hunwick and Kostka on the 3rd pair, they should be playing the game on Halloween, its scary....tells you something about Allen and Mcilrath

I can't decide which is worse... Kostka playing or that Allen and McIlrath are seriously that bad that a guy like Kostka is chosen over them when the team is down 2 top-6 guys. It's not like it was just the Islander game where he was terrible. He was terrible the entire preseason too. Hunwick... I totally understand holding a spot over the young guys because he's a vet and, IMO, hasn't played bad at all. I've been fairly impressed with his play. But, if these guys can't even get a 5 game call up to play sheltered minutes over Kostka... very scary. He's one of the worst hockey players I've ever seen in a NYR uniform.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Well didn't we start off playing 3 or 4 more games than some of the other teams out there over the coruse of the first couple weeks? I think we're just slwoing down so everyone else can catch up. We did start 3 games in 4 nights iirc.

What does bother me that we're having such a ridiculously long homestand. Homestands and road trips shouldn't be longer than 5 games imo, unless you have odd circumstances like with the MSG renovations.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I did not see much of the preseason games. The one I did, I thought Kostka did not by any means stand out as horrible. I simply deferred to the concensus here from folks who had seen all his play. Plus, he had never been a player that teams kept in the past.

When he made those two giveaways in rapid succession, I just decided that this is a player who can make incredible gaffes. Call my thinking simple, but I see no reason to keep this guy if there are other options.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
guys is there any chance Mcilrath plays? Maybe not a good idea with some of the speed the Jets have at the forward spot? I mean when will he have a better opportunity to get into the lineup?
No way can he be worse than Kostka. If Mcilrath can't skate at this level lets see Allen up here.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
well just read that its a definite that Kostka will be in the lineup. I truly hope redemption is for real and he has a strong game.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
If Vigneault sees or knows something that makes Kostka worth having, I welcome it.

The Jets are a team I never know what to make of. They should be better, but I think that they mess up collectively as a team when it comes to defensive awareness. I guess we will see.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
If Vigneault sees or knows something that makes Kostka worth having, I welcome it.

The Jets are a team I never know what to make of. They should be better, but I think that they mess up collectively as a team when it comes to defensive awareness. I guess we will see.

What do you welcome in Tanner Glass?

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

See ryder's goal the other night. Ladd just mails it in with 3mins to go in a 1-0 game.

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

The pieces are there for the Jets to be a threat, their GM is just a bonehead.

magnkarl

Jan 26, 2014
Pickled Herring etc.
Nash to get three, three assists each for Brass and Zucc. The amount of chances the two smaller guys create must be mouth watering for Nash. Nash v.2014 is a big upgrade on Pouliot, as long as he can stay healthy and keep playing as he does we might have two really good "first" lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad