Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Rangers 11/1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Could probably use a place to discuss line combos and such that will come down from practice today.

Can't believe the Rangers haven't played since Monday :shakehead

Jets are fresh. Tuesday with a win against the Isles, last night a shootout loss to New Jersey (yes, you read that right). BTW, did anyone watch that shootout? Cangiolosi (sp?) was calling it like it was game 7 of the SCF when the Devils won :laugh:

Jets will have legs in the beginning of the game. Rangers will have to take maybe a period or so to get back to game speed.

6-4 in 10 games without Stepan (and Boyle essentially, too) would be great :nod:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Need a game, been too long.

This is too much of a break. I feel like when a team gets rolling a few days off messes with momentum. I would have liked to see them right back in to it building off the comeback.

Also this must be fate, the salon my girlfriend is getting her haircut in right now is playing "somebody left the gate open." Expect a big win tomorrow!

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
so the 3rd pair is really Hunwick and Kostka? eeeek

Also is Hayes sitting in favor of Ducliar? Likely meaning Stepan in and Hayes down to minors ? I know alot can change in a week

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Also is Hayes sitting in favor of Ducliar? Likely meaning Stepan in and Hayes down to minors ? I know alot can change in a week

Do you remember when Torts coached our team and Bickel would play like 4 minutes per game? That is what I am hoping for except, even less. Bickel would be a stellar upgrade to Kostka.

McDonagh27

Aug 3, 2005
Canada
I'm going to this game! I haven't been since 2011 and me and the wife are extremely excited to see the new Garden! LGR!:yo::handclap:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York

Why on earth would hayes ever get sent down? :shakehead

IIRC he had a tweak or injury of some sort. If he sits its strickly for precaution.

AHB*

IIRC he had a tweak or injury of some sort. If he sits its strickly for precaution.

Duke shouldn't be going anywhere after his last few games. He adds a huge dimension to our secondary scoring. I don't expect him to score 20 goals, but if he can pot 10-15 on the third line, that would be amazing.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

why not he needs to play and not on the 4th line

Healthy is
Kreider, Stepan, MSL
Zuc, Brassard, Nash
Hagelin, Moore, Stempniak
Malone, Meuller, Glass

only one of Duclair or Hayes is going to play in that group. if Malone sits

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
why not he needs to play and not on the 4th line

Healthy is
Kreider, Stepan, MSL
Zuc, Brassard, Nash
Hagelin, Moore, Stempniak
Malone, Meuller, Glass

only one of Duclair or Hayes is going to play in that group. if Malone sits

Why would Mueller be playing over Hayes or Duclair and why would we be playing two ideal fourth liners on the third line when there are better options available?

Kreider - Stepan - Duclair
Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash
Hagelin - Hayes - MSL
Glass - Moore - Stempniak
Malone

You build off the chemistry from last year (Kreider-Stepan, Zucc-Brass, Hags-Marty), play youth with veterans and you end up with three lines with size, speed, finish, playmaking and defense. Three second lines and a very good fourth line, even with Glass in there.

I don't see any reason why Hayes and Duclair shouldn't both be playing.

Stepanstones*

Why would Mueller be playing over Hayes or Duclair and why would we be playing two ideal fourth liners on the third line when there are better options available?

Kreider - Stepan - Duclair
Zuccarello - Brassard - Nash
Hagelin - Hayes - MSL
Glass - Moore - Stempniak
Malone

You build off the chemistry from last year (Kreider-Stepan, Zucc-Brass, Hags-Marty), play youth with veterans and you end up with three lines with size, speed, finish, playmaking and defense. Three second lines and a very good fourth line, even with Glass in there.

I don't see any reason why Hayes and Duclair shouldn't both be playing.[/QUOTE

Yes love love love those lines. Swap in malone every once and a while over glass. Stemp an moore on the 4th is alot of energy. Haglin and msl have great Chemistry hayes will give them size.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

Have no problem at all with hunwick. I think he has been terrific and as much as I wanna believe in Jmoore hunwick is better at this point.
On the other hand, kostka??? Whyyyy. This speaks volumes that we can't call up someone that's better then kostka? Really?

Stepanstones*

Have no problem at all with hunwick. I think he has been terrific and as much as I wanna believe in Jmoore hunwick is better at this point.
On the other hand, kostka??? Whyyyy. This speaks volumes that we can't call up someone that's better then kostka? Really?

Ya gotta think if he ***** the bed again we call up someone anyone :(

Vickers8

Hunwick and Kostka on the 3rd pair, they should be playing the game on Halloween, its scary....tells you something about Allen and Mcilrath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad