Prospect Info: Jets Prospects

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'd say that Lambert plays a more direct game, that relies more on driving to the net either to shoot or pass off in danger areas. He's very quick and an excellent skater but not sure he has Young Nik's preternatural acceleration or edgework yet, or has his shooting tools/ ability (yet). He creates Ehlersian chaos but isn't quite as inventive or high-end in his puck skills (yet).

In Lambert's favour, his motor is always running and he seems never to tire, and he's a Tanev-level puckhound, who can cover the ice very quickly and takes good angles that make him hard to contain. He's a great retriever and effective along the line and IMO is an underrated passer, with good vision and adaptability.

Like Nik, he can outthink himself, overskate, and make reads a bit too quickly for his linemates, and is an unselfish player. I'm actually starting to see him less as an Ehlers-lite than as a Perrault-plus, since he combines high-end skill with the kind of all-zone peskiness Matty P managed at his best. I think his playstyle is likely to make him a fan fave and be easier on coaches than Nik's has proven to be, while still allowing him to pile up points and break games open at times, all while being a net positive possession player. FWIW, that's not to sell Lambo short, since I regard Peak Perrault as one of the most valuable Jets players of that era.

I also like him more at centre than wing. He's not going to Lowry players into next week but he's reliable and seems to be always everywhere all at once, like the best smaller centres often are.

Anyway, my 10 cents.
Yeah Lambert being more direct was my first thought, he's also got much more of a shoot first mentality. That's actually one of my favorite things about Lambert, I don't think shoot first is always the right way to go, but his shots always have so much purpose and he's great at finding shooting lanes. He's never really shooting just for the sake of shooting, he's always shooting around a screen, or shooting a tippable shot towards Malott's stick, or shooting to create a rebound. His ability to get pucks through is really impressive.

Chibrikov reminds me a lot more of Ehlers than Lambert does.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Lambert exceeding my expectations this season after finishing off last season so well in the WHL. Not sure how it will translate to the NHL but he is certainly making a case for himself.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Why did lambert drop so far down at the draft?
1000026617.jpg

10 points in 49 games in his draft year, which was a regression from his previous year

Reactions: GNP

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
View attachment 843217
10 points in 49 games in his draft year, which was a regression from his previous year
Jets made a tough decision sending him down to junior and it was the best thing that happened to his career from 16-18 years old.

He has had an awesome year, outstanding compared to where he was a year ago.

Lambert deserves a ton of credit for the work he put in and the strides he has made.

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
Jets made a tough decision sending him down to junior and it was the best thing that happened to his career from 16-18 years old.

He has had an awesome year, outstanding compared to where he was a year ago.

Lambert deserves a ton of credit for the work he put in and the strides he has made.
He’s not playing today. Is he hurt?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
DiVincentiis' team up 2-0, Barlow's down 0-2. Might see Barlow on the Moose soon at this rate unless his back needs some more time to heal.

I thought he aimed for the corner, but he hit dead center. Sign him up for the Jets, they need scoring...:sarcasm:
He was signed with the Jets a few years ago, he was awful in the AHL.

EDIT: I only now realized that I confused Salminen with Olkinuora.

Last edited:

Flyby

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2022
Is there anywhere that I can watch the Michigan game with Rutger this afternoon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad