Confirmed with Link: Jets prospect Arturs Kulda to return to NHL (UPD: signs 1 year/550K deal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I'm so curious why they brought him back and never gave him 1 single game. I wonder if there was an understanding that, since he left for the KHL, he would only be used as insurance in the event of injury and would not be used over other players who were here from the beginning of the season. He was like a ghost; not even an interview.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Understand the situation, but was dissapointed we didn't see him get in a game or two. I liked him when he was here last.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm assuming he can get a shot at a starting gig at training camp next year. Hainsey will be gone and we'll need someone that actually has NHL size and skating ability (is: no Flood or Meech) and Kulda at least has that if I remember correctly. Guess we'll see how it plays out.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Ages always throw me just a little. He "might" be eligible for Group VI UFA this year. I am 90% sure that will not be until next season (assuming he does not get to 80 NHL games by then), but it is possible that it is this year. I will confirm.

HC, even though he hasn't played a single game, I'd bet this has been a very valuable experience bringing Arturs over. Him being with the club, practicing, meeting with coaches. Knowing the way TN handles things I'd bet they let him know he might not see any game time.

I think this was more about building a relationship heading into next year. See if the fit is there. Besides, it's not like they pried him away from meaningful games overseas to come here and practice. His season was over and they payed him good money to come be a part of the organization so they could evaluate him more.

I think it was a pretty shrewd move by the org considering they have plenty of decisions to make this offseason. I think you are letting your like of the players and emotions about wanting to see him play get the best of you. :)

Either they figured out that he is a 'Jets' type player, and try to resign him, or either the org or Arty decided this isn't the place for him and will explore other options. Nothing wrong with that.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
HC, even though he hasn't played a single game, I'd bet this has been a very valuable experience bringing Arturs over. Him being with the club, practicing, meeting with coaches. Knowing the way TN handles things I'd bet they let him know he might not see any game time.

I think this was more about building a relationship heading into next year. See if the fit is there. Besides, it's not like they pried him away from meaningful games overseas to come here and practice. His season was over and they payed him good money to come be a part of the organization so they could evaluate him more.

I think it was a pretty shrewd move by the org considering they have plenty of decisions to make this offseason. I think you are letting your like of the players and emotions about wanting to see him play get the best of you. :)

Either they figured out that he is a 'Jets' type player, and try to resign him, or either the org or Arty decided this isn't the place for him and will explore other options. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm confused. My post was a technical post about him possibly being UFA not RFA. All other posts by me are weeks old. What emotion?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Not a single word. Coach is being absolutely STUPID. We have a useless plug playing every game for some reason and Kulda can't get in. We are very very frustrated here.

This emotional post :)

Looking back, I'm not sure why I quoted that other post of yours in my response. I can see why you would be confused :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad