Post-Game Talk: Jets outscore Habs' one man Armia 6-3

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I wasn't a fan of what we gave up in the first but we took the game over after that and didn't give them much.

Helle perhaps should have had their first goal but didn't have a chance on the other two. He shut the door after although he wasn't too busy.

Defense:

Morrissey is clearly not comfortable on his offside and is a bit jittery with Beau. Still I didn't think he was too bad and finished in the positive in all metrics tonight. Beau, what can I say he was awful. Let guys get behind him, bobbled passes, stepped up to throw stupid hits at awful times. Can we stop the experiment with him in the top 4 please. DeMelo should have been moved up.

Pionk and Forbert where once again steady. Forbert was steady and dependable down low, also managed the puck well in his end and in the offensive end. Pionk was back driving offense well and jumping up into the play. He was on point on his breakouts and steady in his end.

Niku played his best NHL game tonight. His breakouts where clean and crisp and he showed some nice offensive instincts jumping up. I also thought he was passable in his own end. DeMelo with a strong steady positional game. That is more like it be him.

Top line was good yet again. At times they get too fancy and turn it over but all are filling the net and playing well. PLD is really bringing a different element to this team then what we have had in the top 6. Scheifele and Wheeler doing their things. Its good to see the captain back playing well.

Second line was dynamite tonight. Ehlers was flying and making it hard on the Canadians defense. Conner with a real nice night and some nice finishes. Stastny just quietly goes about his business making smart plays and being in good position. I hope they give Cole lots of tape on how Paul plays.

Third line was solid but not spectacular I thought.

Fourth line barely played but both Thompson and Perrault made some good plays on third period goals.

Special teams were mostly good tonight. The PP generated a lot of good looks and shots. I also really liked the movement tonight. The PK was sound outside Beau's colossal brain fart.

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
f4cc347ab8adef4e1f147f38e172e37a.jpg

Don't deny his hotness.

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Based on these stats going into tonight's game, and considering tonight's scores for relevant teams:

https://morehockeystats.com/teams/strikebacks

No, the two leaders have 9 wins in games they trailed at any point: Florida and Pittsburgh. This will only be our 7th, tying us with St. Louis for 3rd.

HOWEVER:

This will be our 5th win in a game where we trailed by 2 goals; we have yet to win a game down 3 or more, but even lumping those categories together as 2-or-more, our 5 wins is well ahead of the pack (Boston has 3 such wins, no other team has more than 2 such wins)

Yeah, when we went two down I was thinkin' we got 'em right where we want them!

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
Based on these stats going into tonight's game, and considering tonight's scores for relevant teams:

https://morehockeystats.com/teams/strikebacks

No, the two leaders have 9 wins in games they trailed at any point: Florida and Pittsburgh. This will only be our 7th, tying us with St. Louis for 3rd.

HOWEVER:

This will be our 5th win in a game where we trailed by 2 goals; we have yet to win a game down 3 or more, but even lumping those categories together as 2-or-more, our 5 wins is well ahead of the pack (Boston has 3 such wins, no other team has more than 2 such wins)
Thanks for this. GJG!!!

Reactions: AlphaLackey

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Jets Win!

1st period was even period, Price was very good.

2nd & 3rd periods Jets dominated the Habs!

PLD very good again.

And Ehlers the STUD is carrying momentum swings, play driving and excitement like an All Star! And fighting opposing Douchebags to boot! With PLD's attributes and waking up Wheels & Connor, look out Edmonton and T.O.
Scheifele is being our "Crosby" or "Matthews" or"McDavid" , with others bringing their A-game. We can win big games more if this team effort and support throughout the lines keeps up. And Appleton is real pleasant find for a 6 round weak US college team draft pick. His compete and effort combined with speed are fantastic for secondary scoring potential and wearing down the opposition. And Pionk is inspiring the rest of the D to hang in there, step up. Looking good to better lately! Great game for moentum and "feel-good" as a team.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Lame song..but goodness back in the day Mitsou looked good...

Hah! She dated a friend of mine back in the day. Got to watch her open a mall in the 'burbs -- that was some heavy autotune.

Weird game but worked hard and even 1ManArmia couldn't stop 'em. Ehlers, stick ta yer weight class boyo.

Also, when Sawyer says, 'Interesting to see...." it never bloody is. Truly he is the King of Empty Promises.

She was 16 when she recorded that song, christ I feel old

Not gonna lie, I had a small crush on her back in the day and I have this song on my iPod.

Reactions: Snot Rocket

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Really good game the whole way through. Some shaky Hellebuyck play on the 1st goal but he settled down as the game went on. Clearly outplayed Price (which isn't tough lately to be fair).

Beaulieu the worst Jet. Got completely tooled on the Tatar goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad