GDT: Jets@Ottawa - Tues Jan 19/21 - 6 PM - Pass the pretzels, please ... - TSN 3/5/TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Much of this was based on that disastrous PK vs. the Leafs, where the Jets lost 4-5 straight face-offs and didn't get out of their zone at all, before giving up Tavares' goal late in the PK. Generally, the Jets were terrible on special teams in face-offs, leading to poor possession on the PP, and never clearing the zone on the PK.

I think the Jets also looked very bad on PK against the Flames.

PP looks almost OK and certainly better than the last season. PK is frightening. Hopefully that is something they can fix.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Tagleeandeddy

Jul 16, 2015
Winnipeg
Only 2 games but good Lord.
EsGSqFzXAAASViH

Friendly reminder that Pionk was the worst player in the league on the penalty kill last season. Wheeler was the 2nd worst forward.
Might as well add on that Morrissey, who is not on the penalty kill, was among the best on the team last season. Appleton was the best on the team (smallish sample size) and killed aggressively, to which many here said "I really hope that doesn't get coached out of him". He is not on the penalty kill.

Ok that took my way to long to even find WPG on this chart. Damn.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Laine confirmed out. Brossoit starts.

Specifically said that Laine "got treatment" this morning.

No lineup changes. Was really hoping Samberg or Heinola would get a chance. Or Vesalainen.
Here's hoping Harkins is on the second line with Stastny and Connor .

Reactions: Atoyot

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Thanks again for the GDT @SUX2BU . Another good one.

I know it’s condensed & shortened, but I see this Season as a real
38CC28D7-8C8F-4390-BD7D-4A43E66B0AAD.gif

Every Team in our Division has different weaknesses and strengths. I’m giving 10 games before deciding on what this Team is, in comparison to the others.

We’re going to need some physical play tonight
5F4A0E7D-5168-4D79-BDC1-2014F420E5B1.gif

Hopefully we get a strong game from Brossoit
AFC9226E-D0E4-415E-B3D3-290F26AE0E4C.gif

Avoid the bad bounces
0CFA9BE4-CAC5-4ECC-8C95-8D98B3BB28F8.gif

And get some good ones
9CF37BA9-5C05-4DFE-BDF6-F0596AE269F6.gif

Go :jetsGo​

NBjet

May 24, 2014
Why couldn't we put Apples in Lane's spot and Harkins with Lowry and Copp?? Frenchie needs to be on the 4th line...

Reactions: FireChevy

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Only 2 games but good Lord.
EsGSqFzXAAASViH

Friendly reminder that Pionk was the worst player in the league on the penalty kill last season. Wheeler was the 2nd worst forward.
Might as well add on that Morrissey, who is not on the penalty kill, was among the best on the team last season. Appleton was the best on the team (smallish sample size) and killed aggressively, to which many here said "I really hope that doesn't get coached out of him". He is not on the penalty kill.

Thanks for posting. Unsurprised, but had hoped for some growth in systems/strategy with Dave L onboard, especially since that seemed to be a logical focus during TC. My guess is that JMo isn't on the PK because they're trying to avoid locking him into the shooting gallery that is our PK "tactic." Wheeler is there b/c vetness and he's willing. Apples should be there for sure -- he's a strong checker with good positioning. Pionk has been awful there for ages -- no idea why he's part of the PK furniture now.

I think future graphs need a little magnifying tool attached so we can find WPG -- although I have developed a Pavlovian tendency over the past few seasons to look automatically for us in the BAD/DULL quadrants.

Also: "zone time."

Reactions: Ginger Papa

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Stutzle out for the Sens. Too bad was looking forward to watching him.

I've got him in my fantasy pool. There goes some cookies. But I have Scheif-Wheeler too, so somebody wake up the old man.

This series is an important battle. Battle for 4th in the North, as Vancouver and Edmonton are facing their own struggles early.

Let's see who is more middle of the pack. Jets better be ready to play. Brossoit starting?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I've got him in my fantasy pool. There goes some cookies. But I have Scheif-Wheeler too, so somebody wake up the old man.

This series is an important battle. Battle for 4th in the North, as Vancouver and Edmonton are facing their own struggles early.

Let's see who is more middle of the pack. Jets better be ready to play. Brossoit starting?
The French baked good is in between the pipes, yes.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I really don't understand sticking with the same lineup on a back to back with a condensed schedule and so many players on the bubble of making the team. Get some fresh legs in there and send the message that everyone has to earn their spot.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Buddy just said he heard Scheifele, Ehlers and Connor are the first line tonight but i think he's just messing with me. :laugh:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Get the power play going, it was not good last night. Could have easily tied the game in the third with a PP goal.

Because I'm nothing if not monotonous when I beat my drums, again: disgraceful decision not to pull the goalie and take a 6-on-4 with 5 minutes left, especially when you've been getting so dreadfully clown-pounded when facing five Leaf skaters. The math AND the narrative clearly called for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad