GDT: Jets@Ottawa - Tues Jan 19/21 - 6 PM - Pass the pretzels, please ... - TSN 3/5/TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Frenchie and one (at least) of booloo/niku out please
Vesa and one (at least) of Heinola/Samberg in please

I would agree - it would be nice to see some kind of adjustment attempted to get something more from this team. That said, I'm looking for a bounce back game from the boys. Beaulieu has been really off... so frustrating to watch.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Only 2 games but good Lord.
EsGSqFzXAAASViH

Friendly reminder that Pionk was the worst player in the league on the penalty kill last season. Wheeler was the 2nd worst forward.
Might as well add on that Morrissey, who is not on the penalty kill, was among the best on the team last season. Appleton was the best on the team (smallish sample size) and killed aggressively, to which many here said "I really hope that doesn't get coached out of him". He is not on the penalty kill.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I feel like they wouldn't have taken him on the road trip at all if this is the case.

Today might be a pipe dream, but i think he's gonna play in the 2nd game against Ottawa.

But what do i know, just speculating.

Well here's hoping you are right and I am wrong!!

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Happy they don't have to let last night linger and have a chance to redeem themselves right away. I need to see much more effort from most of the team but specifically Ehlers and Wheels. Let's give anyone but Frenchie a chance on the 2nd if Laine is out. I'd like to see Harkins or Appleton. 2nd line only mission: get puck to Connor in a shooting position!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Only 2 games but good Lord.
EsGSqFzXAAASViH

Friendly reminder that Pionk was the worst player in the league on the penalty kill last season. Wheeler was the 2nd worst forward.
Might as well add on that Morrissey, who is not on the penalty kill, was among the best on the team last season. Appleton was the best on the team (smallish sample size) and killed aggressively, to which many here said "I really hope that doesn't get coached out of him". He is not on the penalty kill.
Much of this was based on that disastrous PK vs. the Leafs, where the Jets lost 4-5 straight face-offs and didn't get out of their zone at all, before giving up Tavares' goal late in the PK. Generally, the Jets were terrible on special teams in face-offs, leading to poor possession on the PP, and never clearing the zone on the PK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad