Value of: Jets open cap space

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
So, your contention is that it is a good move for the Jets to waste a good young prospect and a high pick on a player we have no chance of re-signing and won't change our fate this year?

Higher chance of re-signing him if he's already there

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think this year is a lost year for Winnipeg. I figure they'll carry over their open cap space into the summer.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Vatanen makes a ton of sense, he could be a key partner for Heinola for the next couple of years if re-signed
The Jets already have lots of smaller puck moving D-men, and the coach doesn’t want to play them. I don’t see how bringing in another one helps the situation.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I believe this is bad for the Habs, sure Heinola has shown promise and KK had a bad season but not to the point where Heinola has become more valuable than KK and Petry is way more valuable than Perreault who is a cap dump ;)
KK was a reach because of position when he was drafted. What has he done to prove his worth? He's looking more like a weak 1c/2c ceiling now. Habs fans need to take it down 20% on this kid.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
KK was a reach because of position when he was drafted. What has he done to prove his worth? He's looking more like a weak 1c/2c ceiling now. Habs fans need to take it down 20% on this kid.

Sure he was a reach but he was still projected top 10 at the draft. Agreed that some fans need to have lower expectations. He is not the next McDavid if that is what some believe. But I believe he still has the potential to be a very good 1C (does not mean that I believe in a trade he would return a current very good 1C but he has the potential to become that). The 1st year, he looked like a potential future top 1C, the 2nd year well not that much (for several reasons already mentioned on other topics). He is still 19, has already had a good NHL season, look at Hayton or Wahlstrom from the same draft, they have not yet ! Compare him to Dubois in CBJ, you'll be disappointed for sure ;)

In any case, the point was that his value is still objectively (I believe) higher than the one of Heinola and that Petry's value is way above Perreault's ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad