Jets on TV?

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I thought Bell would be forced to offer local channels in HD if they are available.
They actually were. The CRTC just made them add a ****load of locals from across Canada. But the ruling only mandated standard definition channels and not HD channels.

Like I said above, just go to the source and for $15 get an OTA antennae. They work great. I debated last year thinking Bell may add CBWT-HD but at this point I think that was money well spent. You are still ahead with Bell for not having to shell out $10/mo for TSN-Jets.

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
I had called Bell, as I am sure many others did last year, and they stated they did not have CBC HD Winnipeg feed as there was not enough demand. Actually it took me about 45 mins of arguing with CSR and finally a manager to understand that they actually don't have it. They wanted me to continously troubleshoot my reciever as if I was just not getting that programming. They would not even listen to me try and explain it is not a channel they are offering...finally the manager explained that it was a problem and they were recieving a high volume of calls about it. I would have assumed that they would have added it by now.

Only way I can see them adding it is if people continue to call in and complain. Afterall it is a local channel that we SHOULD already have included in our packages.

Way to fight the good fight, Roooski. I would call to complain but I'd rather go to the dentist than speak with anyone from Bell customer service. I have emailed a few times and will do so again.

Reed Solomon

GO ✈'s GO
Jul 26, 2011
Winnipeg, Man.
They actually were. The CRTC just made them add a ****load of locals from across Canada. But the ruling only mandated standard definition channels and not HD channels.

Like I said above, just go to the source and for $15 get an OTA antennae. They work great. I debated last year thinking Bell may add CBWT-HD but at this point I think that was money well spent. You are still ahead with Bell for not having to shell out $10/mo for TSN-Jets.

The Source is also owned by Bell. The fact that not including a channel that should be included is making them money by people buying crappy indoor OTA antennas isn't helping.

If you really want to receive OTA channels, get a decent rooftop or attic antenna from Tip Top electronics on St James.

Or just go to goodwill or kijiji and spend a few bucks. Or Princess Auto.

Then again TSN is also owned by Bell. Argh.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB

Not really. Bell charges way more for their services then Shaw or MTS do and both of Shaw and MTS have bundle packages where you can save if you have multiple services. I'd rather give $10 a month then to ever have Bell again.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I had called Bell, as I am sure many others did last year, and they stated they did not have CBC HD Winnipeg feed as there was not enough demand. Actually it took me about 45 mins of arguing with CSR and finally a manager to understand that they actually don't have it. They wanted me to continously troubleshoot my reciever as if I was just not getting that programming. They would not even listen to me try and explain it is not a channel they are offering...finally the manager explained that it was a problem and they were recieving a high volume of calls about it. I would have assumed that they would have added it by now.

Only way I can see them adding it is if people continue to call in and complain. Afterall it is a local channel that we SHOULD already have included in our packages.

Just say MTS just changed their programming and subscribers to SD automatically get that same channel in HD. Threaten to switch.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Not really. Bell charges way more for their services then Shaw or MTS do and both of Shaw and MTS have bundle packages where you can save if you have multiple services. I'd rather give $10 a month then to ever have Bell again.
Whatever works for you. I'm not getting into a package by package analysis debate with you, but I am quite content with Bell overall for pricing and many other reasons (like being able to take my receiver to the cottage). My comment was strictly from the perspective of saving $60/season (regular season) on TSN-Jets versus a $15 antenna, not getting into a debate on which provider is better.

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
Satelite TV is a niche product which I don't see in direct comparison with Shaw/MTS.

Bell is more money so of course it's a good thing they give Jets TV for free. That's all.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Satelite TV is a niche product which I don't see in direct comparison with Shaw/MTS.

Bell is more money so of course it's a good thing they give Jets TV for free. That's all.

A substantial % of people that subscribe to bell have receivers in more than one household so it really isn't more expensive if you go that route.

I live in a apartment facing the wrong way dammit!! :cry::cry:

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
Can someone explain how MTS are charging 550!!!!!!! For centre ice? How the **** is that possible?

And as an MTS subscriber, to get a free centre ice preview till 1 February, do I have to sign up for anything or will I be able to access the channels for free automatically? And what about Jets Tv? Is there a two week free preview of that as well?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Can someone explain how MTS are charging 550!!!!!!! For centre ice? How the **** is that possible?

And as an MTS subscriber, to get a free centre ice preview till 1 February, do I have to sign up for anything or will I be able to access the channels for free automatically? And what about Jets Tv? Is there a two week free preview of that as well?

That is for business subscribers.

Daynz

What!?!
Jan 2, 2012
Downtown
I have Shaw and was told I need an MPEG4 cable box to view the NHL channels. So I don't get to watch the center ice free previews? I have a MPEG2 (or something). If true, that seriously blows. :whatever:

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I have Shaw and was told I need an MPEG4 cable box to view the NHL channels. So I don't get to watch the center ice free previews? I have a MPEG2 (or something). If true, that seriously blows. :whatever:

Yes it's been true for 3 years. I have 2 MPEG 2's and 2 MPEG 4's and you can only
see the Centre Ice games on MPEG 4.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

Yup... not only do you have to pay for Centre Ice, but you have to go out and buy a new box just so you can see what you paid for.

Daynz

What!?!
Jan 2, 2012
Downtown
I had no idea, or I would have made plans to do this. I have my mom's old box. She's with MTS now. She's getting the center ice preview and she doesn't even like hockey. :laugh: :rant:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I had no idea, or I would have made plans to do this. I have my mom's old box. She's with MTS now. She's getting the center ice preview and she doesn't even like hockey. :laugh: :rant:

I discovered this yesterday when trying to watch the free preview of Centre Ice. What annoys me is I paid good money for my HDPVR and it doesn't even understand all the content Shaw provides. That sucks.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Bell's website has a blurb about TSN Jets being "complimentary" for this season. No mention of it (nor did I find it listed) as part of the Sports 1 bundle as was previously mentioned in this thread.

With that, I can't say since it's on it's own (not part of Sports 1) whether it will continue to be "complimentary" next season (doubt it) or if Bell will charge for it on its own (like they do with MTS and Shaw).

RestlessYoungZero

Jul 10, 2011
Anyone else living out of the TSN Jets region with Centre Ice? I PVR'd the game on Monday to watch when I got home from work and was forced to watch the Boston feed. Whats the deal? Anyone else experience this?

Last year Centre Ice gave me the TSN Jets feed for every game. If I'm stuck watching the opposing teams homer announcers all year that's going to blow.

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
Anyone else living out of the TSN Jets region with Centre Ice? I PVR'd the game on Monday to watch when I got home from work and was forced to watch the Boston feed. Whats the deal? Anyone else experience this?

Last year Centre Ice gave me the TSN Jets feed for every game. If I'm stuck watching the opposing teams homer announcers all year that's going to blow.

I watched it in Calgary and had the TSN Jets feed on Shaw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad