Jets on TV?

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Will every game be broadcast on TV in one form or another this year (i.e., on CBC, TSN or TSN Jets)?

That is standard league wide.
A couple southern teams had to use jumbotron feeds last year for a couple games but they still showed the games.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
i really like the tsn guys, both radio and tv. I used to be a huge cbc supporter, but comparing their coverage last year to what the guys at tsn did was not very flattering... i'd prefer to have the guys from tsn do every game.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
i really like the tsn guys, both radio and tv. I used to be a huge cbc supporter, but comparing their coverage last year to what the guys at tsn did was not very flattering... i'd prefer to have the guys from tsn do every game.

Agree, Grind. I really enjoy TSN Jets broadcasts as well. I love that we get a post-game show as well and get to hear Noel's presser. A solid, well done production, in my opinion.

Lorenzo1000

Sep 8, 2003
Winnipeg
Shaw TSN Jets & Centre Ice Info

Shaw TSN Jets Free preview until Feb then $9.95 per month. You have to sign up for it even if you signed up last year. https://community.shaw.ca/message/11385

Shaw NHL Centre ICE Free Preview until Feb then $49.99 one payment for rest of season. No time payment plan available this year. https://community.shaw.ca/thread/2987

By the way if you have at least 2 Shaw services you can join Shaw Friends for free online and get a 15% discount on the centre ice package by signing up through their concierge chat.

http://www.shaw.ca/shaw-friends/

Last edited:

jester24

Oct 27, 2011
Speaking of the Jets on TV, did anyone else notice that the second Jet game of the year is Monday the 21st in Boston at NOON!!! Great job scheduling a Canadian teams second game of the year on a U.S. holiday. PVR or phone in sick, hmmm...

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Speaking of the Jets on TV, did anyone else notice that the second Jet game of the year is Monday the 21st in Boston at NOON!!! Great job scheduling a Canadian teams second game of the year on a U.S. holiday. PVR or phone in sick, hmmm...

Bet absent-ism will be near record levels Monday in Winnipeg.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

On the original 82 game schedule we were going to have 2 games on a weekday
afternoon.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Shaw TSN Jets Free preview until Feb then $9.95 per month. You have to sign up for it even if you signed up last year. https://community.shaw.ca/message/11385

Shaw NHL Centre ICE Free Preview until Feb then $49.99 one payment for rest of season. No time payment plan available this year. https://community.shaw.ca/thread/2987

I just phoned Shaw and it took me less than 5 minutes and I added both these channels so for about $80 I get every Jet game and every NHL game until the playoffs.

Roooski

Sep 21, 2011
To those that said TSN Jets is free on Bell, that is incorrect. It is included with your Sports 1 package. For newer subscribers it would be in the Better or Best category. So you techincally are still paying for that package however you recieve a number of channels instead of paying for just 1. Their incentive to try and lure you to Bell is by saying that it is free/included and not a stand alone channel as the other providers. Guess that is because Bell media owns TSN and the rights to the channel.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I just phoned Shaw and it took me less than 5 minutes and I added both these channels so for about $80 I get every Jet game and every NHL game until the playoffs.

You won't get every NHL game. Some are not available. I know last year 4 Washington
games were not on and Shaw gave free access to Game Center Live to access
those games. This year they dropped the Game Center Live for free.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
There is a tracker that you can get the channel added automatically without having to call back in.

This sounds right. I ordered it Monday and was told I'm good to go, and it would be free until Feb 1st. They also asked if I wanted to notify them every year or have an automatic renue. Of course I choose automatic renue :nod:

Back in the Bigs

and lovin' it !!
Oct 17, 2006
I ordered my TSN- Jets channel 290 the other day and I noticed it is active this morning, it had 1290 radio playing on there so I assume it's active for Jets games:dunno: :handclap:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I'm with Bell and last year the CBC-only games were only broadcast in Standard Def if I remember correctly. I hope that's not the case this year. After watching a HD Sat signal, it's really tough to go back to standard def.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I'm with Bell and last year the CBC-only games were only broadcast in Standard Def if I remember correctly. I hope that's not the case this year. After watching a HD Sat signal, it's really tough to go back to standard def.

CBC doesn't think western Canadian's are worthy of HD, they do show all their NHL broadcasts in eastern Canada in HD though.:rant:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
CBC doesn't think western Canadian's are worthy of HD, they do show all their NHL broadcasts in eastern Canada in HD though.:rant:

Really? I wonder what the justification is for that??? Aside from any rediculous bias. :shakehead

I wonder if we can petition them.:rant:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland

At the start of last year the WPG CBC HD channel wasn't available.
If Bell, or whichever other provider you have, has CBC WPG in HD you will get tO watch the games in HD. If not, speak to your provider and ask why you don't get CBC WPG in HD.

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
At the start of last year the WPG CBC HD channel wasn't available.
If Bell, or whichever other provider you have, has CBC WPG in HD you will get tO watch the games in HD. If not, speak to your provider and ask why you don't get CBC WPG in HD.

I don't think Bell has CBC West in HD, still. The only way we get Saturday CBC Jets games in HD is if we're on the National feed. In other words, we get HD if they are playing in the afternoon or playing the Leafs. It sucks.

I purchased an OTA HD Antenna last year specifically for local CBC in HD. It's stupid that I have to, given how much I'm paying for Bell.

If I'm wrong and Bell has added this channel, someone please let me know! :help:

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Not having CBWT-HD on Bell this year shouldn't be a huge problem as most of our Saturday games are earlier and you can easily tune to CBC east or west HD feeds. Ottawa games are a bigger issue, but I think Bell recently added SCR-HD Ottawa so if you don't mind the French you should be good to go.

As the poster above me mentioned, buy an HD over the air tuner from the Source. Not sure what receiver you have but it integrates nicely with the program guide and is superior quality signal to anything compressed that Bell offers...

Beazley

Duke of the Dale
Oct 2, 2008
Winnipeg
Good point, MrGrinch, it's not much of a big deal this year.

As far as integrating the OTA antenna into the Bell guides, it only works on the 9200 (now defunct), 9242 (Dual Tuner PVR), or 6141 (HD Receiver).

It doesn't work with the current 9241 (Dual Tuner PVR) or 6131.

That said, most people have the OTA tuner built into their TV so it's not much of an issue other than not being able to use the PVR if you have one. I kept my old 9200 just to use for OTA PVR-ing. ;)

Bottom line, Bell needs to get CBWT-HD

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Just confirmed with Shaw that even if you subscribed to the Jets station last year, you have to contact them to re-subscribe this year. However, January is free.
Whoops...not sure how to delete a post...just noticed this was already mentioned.

Last edited:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Good point, MrGrinch, it's not much of a big deal this year.

As far as integrating the OTA antenna into the Bell guides, it only works on the 9200 (now defunct), 9242 (Dual Tuner PVR), or 6141 (HD Receiver).

It doesn't work with the current 9241 (Dual Tuner PVR) or 6131.

That said, most people have the OTA tuner built into their TV so it's not much of an issue other than not being able to use the PVR if you have one. I kept my old 9200 just to use for OTA PVR-ing. ;)

Bottom line, Bell needs to get CBWT-HD

I'm surprised by this.
I thought Bell would be forced to offer local channels in HD if they are available. Can't see local broadcasters being happy about that.

Roooski

Sep 21, 2011
I had called Bell, as I am sure many others did last year, and they stated they did not have CBC HD Winnipeg feed as there was not enough demand. Actually it took me about 45 mins of arguing with CSR and finally a manager to understand that they actually don't have it. They wanted me to continously troubleshoot my reciever as if I was just not getting that programming. They would not even listen to me try and explain it is not a channel they are offering...finally the manager explained that it was a problem and they were recieving a high volume of calls about it. I would have assumed that they would have added it by now.

Only way I can see them adding it is if people continue to call in and complain. Afterall it is a local channel that we SHOULD already have included in our packages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad