Jets on TV?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
haven't heard anything but I just assumed it'd start up again with the season. I hope so as I'm counting on it...

wpglax

Mar 8, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Subscriptions need to be requested again (to both Shaw and MTS), and the package was not yet available when I contacted Shaw yesterday. Expected to be up in the next couple of weeks.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Subscriptions need to be requested again (to both Shaw and MTS), and the package was not yet available when I contacted Shaw yesterday. Expected to be up in the next couple of weeks.

I spoke wtih Shaw yesterday. thety haven't gotten the pricing for the jets package yet so its not available. They have a free preview of NHL Game Center available until the end of january, So between that and CBC you should be able to watch all jets between those two until they have the channel up and running.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Next couple of weeks? I wonder if they will provide the game telecasts for free in the mean time? I will follow up today and report back what I find out

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
I spoke wtih Shaw yesterday. thety haven't gotten the pricing for the jets package yet so its not available. They have a free preview of NHL Game Center available until the end of january, So between that and CBC you should be able to watch all jets between those two until they have the channel up and running.

Do you mean NHL center ice ? Game Center is online is it not ?

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Same for Shaw Direct if anyone has it, you should put your name on a callback list as they don't have pricing for TSN-Jets at the moment.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
sorry it woul dhave been center ice then

Thanks I was hoping you'd say that, but aren't those only out of market games ?

For example the Islanders are here on the 27/01/2013 wouldn't that be blacked out it's not out of market ?

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Thanks I was hoping you'd say that, but aren't those only out of market games ?

For example the Islanders are here on the 27/01/2013 wouldn't that be blacked out it's not out of market ?

i have no idea but if that's the case that's a big disappointment.

eitherway they "kind of" assured me that we'd be able to watch the game.

Question, home opener's on cbc right?

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
Does anyone know what's going on with TSN Jets on Bell?

They didn't charge last season however word is that they will start doing so this season. If that's the case, perhaps we need to re-request it?

I still see it within my Subscribed channels, however it reads for viewing 2011-2012 games...

Not too worried since Saturday's game will be CBC, however I'd like to ensure I'm good to go for after that.

Thanks!

gibber1600

Aug 6, 2003
Great white north
Update

Just got off the phone with Shaw. Channels 289 and 290(HD) will be free until February 1st. The package is $9.99/month after that. They don't have the price codes to imput the station. Gary (Shaw) said to call back closer to February 1st.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
A friend of mine received this email.

NHL Centre Ice will be available on free preview until
January 31, 2013. Starting Wednesday, customers
can purchase the package for a one time rate of
$49.99. Shaw friends can enjoy 15 % off NHL Centre Ice as well.

Winnipeg Jets fans in the regional broadcast areas
of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Nunavut, the Northwest
Territories and Northwestern Ontario can tune into
TSN Jets at the same great price of $9.95 / month.
They can expect to receive up to 38 games with their
subscription.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Just got off the phone with Shaw. Channels 289 and 290(HD) will be free until February 1st. The package is $9.99/month after that. They don't have the price codes to imput the station. Gary (Shaw) said to call back closer to February 1st.

There is a tracker that you can get the channel added automatically without having to call back in.

bazaaa*

I just assumed Bell was going to give it for free as an incentive to go with Bell, and make their money from charging the other providers.

Does anyone know what's going on with TSN Jets on Bell?

They didn't charge last season however word is that they will start doing so this season. If that's the case, perhaps we need to re-request it?

I still see it within my Subscribed channels, however it reads for viewing 2011-2012 games...

Not too worried since Saturday's game will be CBC, however I'd like to ensure I'm good to go for after that.

Thanks!

Auror

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg
MTS TV has it ready. Either call in or tune in to 168 or 1168 (HD) and just click ok to subscribe and you're good to go. It starts Saturday.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
I just assumed Bell was going to give it for free as an incentive to go with Bell, and make their money from charging the other providers.
I was told by a CSR that it will be free again this year and included as part of the basic package for those in the region.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
It appears CBC has made changes to their broadcast crew. To Jets fans' delight, the boring and monotone Rick Ball will no longer be doing Jets games. Rick will pair with Kelly Hrudey to cover Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary.

The Jets will now be covered by Greg Millen and Mark Lee. Although, Mark Lee doesn't appear to be overly well liked.

http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/major-changes-at-hockey-night-in-canada/

Mark Lea isn't bad from what I recall. Then there's Millen.:shakehead

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It appears CBC has made changes to their broadcast crew. To Jets fans' delight, the boring and monotone Rick Ball will no longer be doing Jets games. Rick will pair with Kelly Hrudey to cover Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary.

The Jets will now be covered by Greg Millen and Mark Lee. Although, Mark Lee doesn't appear to be overly well liked.

http://canadiansportsfan.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/major-changes-at-hockey-night-in-canada/

The two WORST CBC guys. Awesome. Oh well, guess I'll be syncing TV up with TSN Radio :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad