OT: Jets Lounge: post a Star Wars spoiler == Infraction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I have concluded that we are now in the Golden Age of Television Shows. I mean aside from Reality TV. But damn... Binge watching TV shows is like the easiest thing to do.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So ... I'm heading to Winnipeg for the week starting tomorrow. What am I getting myself into in terms of weather?

We're looking to close a big deal, and make inroads on two others while I'm there. If they both hit, we'll be doubling our staff in Winnipeg from 40 to over 80. It'll mean a similar doubling of staff in Toronto, so it's a pretty huge thing for myself and our staffing. Have to keep the bourbon levels fairly low so I'm on top of things, in other words. :sarcasm:

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
So ... I'm heading to Winnipeg for the week starting tomorrow. What am I getting myself into in terms of weather?

We're looking to close a big deal, and make inroads on two others while I'm there. If they both hit, we'll be doubling our staff in Winnipeg from 40 to over 80. It'll mean a similar doubling of staff in Toronto, so it's a pretty huge thing for myself and our staffing. Have to keep the bourbon levels fairly low so I'm on top of things, in other words. :sarcasm:

The highs for the next 14 days are all at or above zero here in Brandon. It's absolutely amazing. Could be a degree or two different in Winnipeg, but wouldn't expect much difference.

And this could change at some point too, but only needed a light sweater at this time of year is great :yo:

Lows down into -5 to -10

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France

Sounds like exciting times for you. What do you do again Gin?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I have concluded that we are now in the Golden Age of Television Shows. I mean aside from Reality TV. But damn... Binge watching TV shows is like the easiest thing to do.

Agreed, so much good stuff out there but I have no way near enough time to watch even 1% of it. Fargo and The Leftovers are having amazing seasons

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The highs for the next 14 days are all at or above zero here in Brandon. It's absolutely amazing. Could be a degree or two different in Winnipeg, but wouldn't expect much difference.

And this could change at some point too, but only needed a light sweater at this time of year is great :yo:

Lows down into -5 to -10

I hate talk like this. Everyone is so short-sighted about it. "Look at how warm it is!" It's not supposed to be this warm at the end of November. Look at all the rain storms and **** we had in the summer. Something is going on with our climate, and I'm not happy about it.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
good news is weather wasn't bad.

Bad news is that grey cup sucked............ Snooooooooze fest.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I hate talk like this. Everyone is so short-sighted about it. "Look at how warm it is!" It's not supposed to be this warm at the end of November. Look at all the rain storms and **** we had in the summer. Something is going on with our climate, and I'm not happy about it.

Relax Al.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

Well there is the El Nenio or how ever you spell it this winter..

Obviously this is part of a problem but it's not all because of it.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

Everyone should buy electric cars!

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Pay me. I can do stuff.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Oh I was relaxed.......Sorry had a few too many at the Grey cup party trying to stay awake and didn't' mean to call you Al Gore. I have kids and am wondering how we are going to feed 9 billion people by 2040 and live to talk about it? Sometimes it's easier to joke about things that seem daunting.You could have thought of a wittier or meaner comeback though CorgisPer60. Perhaps instead of "No U" I think "**** you" might have fit better and is something I have heard on occasion when my ill timed humor misses the mark.....or perhaps a shot at my old age and what am I still doing awake posting etc.

Not meanings to be bossy just giving you some ideas.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Everyone should buy electric cars!

Get selling and tell Elon to pick up the pace. I am one vehicle away but hope to join you soon. Make sure you get company stock StronGeer.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Pretty cool stuff YWG good luck! :yo:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I work with two other partners in running a character animation shop - we're currently finishing our first feature film. Company is about 2 years old.

Now the PS skills make sense :naughty:
Sounds pretty cool, going to do a trailer or something?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Oh I was relaxed.......Sorry had a few too many at the Grey cup party trying to stay awake and didn't' mean to call you Al Gore. I have kids and am wondering how we are going to feed 9 billion people by 2040 and live to talk about it? Sometimes it's easier to joke about things that seem daunting.You could have thought of a wittier or meaner comeback though CorgisPer60. Perhaps instead of "No U" I think "**** you" might have fit better and is something I have heard on occasion when my ill timed humor misses the mark.....or perhaps a shot at my old age and what am I still doing awake posting etc.

Not meanings to be bossy just giving you some ideas.

You put a lot more effort into your answer than I put into mine.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Well there is the El Nenio or how ever you spell it this winter..

Obviously this is part of a problem but it's not all because of it.

Very strong El Nino this year; strongest since 1998.

Fun fact. Twice during my grade school years I rode my bike to school all the way until the Christmas break started. No snow at all.

In the 1970s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad