OT: Jets Lounge: post a Star Wars spoiler == Infraction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
SJR.

Hilarious/bad at tourney today. Both Vincent Massey WPG and Vincent Massey Brandon applied for and got into the tournament. Both came down. Both showed up for their first game. Both were scheduled for a game against local J Sierra high school. Since the tournament organizers didn't realize that they were two different teams. The host J Sierra team took classy move and pulled out of tournament to allow them both to compete but still. Ouch.

So did the Masseys play each other? Because that would be funny to fly that far to end up playing a team from Manitoba. Good on the host team to withdraw but that's pretty poor attention to detail - they must have collected entry fees from both teams.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
So did the Masseys play each other? Because that would be funny to fly that far to end up playing a team from Manitoba. Good on the host team to withdraw but that's pretty poor attention to detail - they must have collected entry fees from both teams.

Yes they ended up having to play each other first game. Plus they had to decide who kept what schedule. One schedule had a game at Honda Center and one didn't. And yeah teams needed to submit entry fees and a roster to the tournament, no idea how it was missed.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Eating Ibuprofen...they gave me those for my back pain and just rotted out my guts and esophagus.

What I'm on is more powerful than aleve. It's called diclofenac and it's prescription strength. I'm on pariet for acid reflux. That's supposed to help with any stomach issues with the Diclofenac, my GP said he will subscribe Pariet just for that. The Diclofenac also has a coating that is supposed to help save the stomach. I might be on it long term so let's hope I can handle it.

My physio guy thinks the pain I'm having is unrelated to the diagnosis of arthritis which would be bizarre. But it does make sense. Either that or the arthritis is somehow irritating the muscles around it.

Between weeks of physio and Diclofenac plus physio at home and some heat the pain is being managed. The problem is what happens when I hit the road? I can't take T3s because you can't take opiates while driving, and my liver values are high anyways ruling them out.

Last edited:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
What I'm on is more powerful than aleve. It's called diclofenac and it's prescription strength. I'm on pariet for acid reflux. That's supposed to help with any stomach issues with the Diclofenac, my GP said he will subscribe Pariet just for that. The Diclofenac also has a coating that is supposed to help save the stomach. I might be on it long term so let's hope I can handle it.

My physio guy thinks the pain I'm having is unrelated to the diagnosis of arthritis which would be bizarre. But it does make sense. Either that or the arthritis is somehow irritating the muscles around it.

Between weeks of physio and Diclofenac plus physio at home and some heat the pain is being managed. The problem is what happens when I hit the road? I can't take T3s because you can't take opiates while driving, and my liver values are high anyways ruling them out.

T3s are fine, those aren't opiates. **** like Morphin, Vicodin, Dialoudid...that **** you can't drive with. Although HannuJ can probably clarify.

The body is a weird weird place. That back pain I was talking about...nothing seemed to touch it for a long time until they figured out that it was being caused by awful corrosion in my esophagus.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
T3s are fine, those aren't opiates. **** like Morphin, Vicodin, Dialoudid...that **** you can't drive with. Although HannuJ can probably clarify.

The body is a weird weird place. That back pain I was talking about...nothing seemed to touch it for a long time until they figured out that it was being caused by awful corrosion in my esophagus.

Codeine is an opiate, and my liver values are double the "high" value so I can't take it or Acetaminophon (tylenol) until my values become normal again. But the good news is I don't seem to need them any more.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I got three hockey fans in one shift today. One was a Leafs fan who had just moved here six months ago apparently I'm the first hockey fan he's met here. When I told him where in town he could get poutine he looked so happy he could cry.

The other two were locals who were also big NASCAR fans. One was a Pens fan and the other a Carolina fan cause "that's where all the NASCAR tracks are".

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Holy **** our lone cable company just launched a day/week/season pass for it's four sports channels. They've got a monopoly on the Rugby and Cricket etc so being able to just buy access to the sport is amazing. No more crappy illegal streams.

EDIT: wowzers the streaming quality of a cricket game from Australia in SD is worse than a NHL game in HD. They better sort this out.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Holy **** our lone cable company just launched a day/week/season pass for it's four sports channels. They've got a monopoly on the Rugby and Cricket etc so being able to just buy access to the sport is amazing. No more crappy illegal streams.

EDIT: wowzers the streaming quality of a cricket game from Australia in SD is worse than a NHL game in HD. They better sort this out.

#NZproblems

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
My mom is getting a new phone right now. Much needed. She still has an iphone 4. Really want to go and get a galaxy 6 right now. Rogers has them on sale. Too much left on my contract :(

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport
I got a new phone yesterday - an LG G4. I like it, but its dimensions will take some getting used to compared to my Galaxy S4.

I have the G4 too. Had it for a few months. I love it. Also had the G3, which was great too. I've managed the size by walking my fingers up and down the sides, no two handed operation for me. I'm not going back to Samsung.

Mighty Joe Moon

Jun 5, 2011
Lockport
Anyone do their own outdoor rinks? I'm starting one this year, and am not sure when there is enough snow to start packing it down. I have an area pretty well trampled, but I really don't know the ideal timing and conditions. Seems a bit low right now to start adding water.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Anyone do their own outdoor rinks? I'm starting one this year, and am not sure when there is enough snow to start packing it down. I have an area pretty well trampled, but I really don't know the ideal timing and conditions. Seems a bit low right now to start adding water.

Did you put plastic under? That will change what you do slightly.

So I kept cable :laugh:

I was just going to cancel all my Shaw and get MTS internet but I have a friend that works for MTS and got me all the channels I had with Shaw plus their best internet for 87/mo + tax for 6 months and then 132/mo +tax thereafter. Sure beats the hell out of $220.

I couldn't let go of cable because I just did not have a good way to start watching Jets games later and not find out the score.

Plus, now I finally get AMC and can watch TWD on Sunday nights :yo:

Derfel*

Did you put plastic under? That will change what you do slightly.

So I kept cable :laugh:

I was just going to cancel all my Shaw and get MTS internet but I have a friend that works for MTS and got me all the channels I had with Shaw plus their best internet for 87/mo + tax for 6 months and then 132/mo +tax thereafter. Sure beats the hell out of $220.

I couldn't let go of cable because I just did not have a good way to start watching Jets games later and not find out the score.

Plus, now I finally get AMC and can watch TWD on Sunday nights :yo:

Congrats! I was an MTS fan for sure - always found their TV picture better and their internet more reliable, for the most part.

I'm holding out with no cable for a while yet - Grey Cup tomorrow is really the first thing I'll have a hard time watching (online source, etc.)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Congrats! I was an MTS fan for sure - always found their TV picture better and their internet more reliable, for the most part.

I'm holding out with no cable for a while yet - Grey Cup tomorrow is really the first thing I'll have a hard time watching (online source, etc.)

Haha yeah thanks! I really wanted to cut the cable cord but I like being able to watch the game anytime without knowing the score. I'll most likely keep it through the season and then cancel the cable portion. I'm hoping there will be a sensible solution by then to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia