OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Taxis are some of the worst drivers in this city. As someone who is on the road all day it sickens me the amount of entitlement they precieve to have. /Rant

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah they are bad.

They drive extremely slow it seems, don't know where they are going when you are in them and they will cut into your lane with zero notice. Cabs in Montreal make me feel like my life may end at any moment, but at least they are in a hurry and know where they are going lol.

I haven't taken a cab since TappCar came to town, though.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
IMG_9987.jpg

You know the Jets are starting to get some appreciation when we start getting the toys like everyone else. They got a Laine AND a Wheeler Funko Pop now

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Honestly I try to find the good in people and it makes for a more enjoyable life for me. However I couldn’t get there with Paul. I just noticed on the News stand that he is retiring and all I can say is better way too late than never. Good riddance you terminally negative, untalented, burnt out hack.

I realize the irony in my post.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That UFC fight was crazy :amazed: (especially the post-fight antics)

I mentioned this before but all that post fight melee was missing was Jim Ross calling the event and I am not kidding. JR could have crushed that. I don't watch UFC but they are being pretty hard on themselves because of this event. Maybe they are too young to realize that Boxing has been way crazier way longer......Big Bad Bruins went in the stands at MSG and beat on fans........ Lakers beat on Piston fans.....wake me up when there is something mildly original? From the outside looking in honestly most people like me see allot of the pre-fight antics as a work to drive ratings and the cynic in me laughs at Dana White who seems remorseful after the "event" when he is probably thinking if we can avoid getting sued then this was good hype for the next fight. Its all part of the circus and who has time to deside if there is legit heat between fellow meat heads.

Either way UFC is not cricket and and like boxing (that I use to be a big fan of) most people outside the sport looking in think this is all part of da brand. I am not passing judgment because I was a fan of a fight game that was more corrupt, more zany, and full of crooks con men.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNP

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I mentioned this before but all that post fight melee was missing was Jim Ross calling the event and I am not kidding. JR could have crushed that. I don't watch UFC but they are being pretty hard on themselves because of this event. Maybe they are too young to realize that Boxing has been way crazier way longer......Big Bad Bruins went in the stands at MSG and beat on fans........ Lakers beat on Piston fans.....wake me up when there is something mildly original? From the outside looking in honestly most people like me see allot of the pre-fight antics as a work to drive ratings and the cynic in me laughs at Dana White who seems remorseful after the "event" when he is probably thinking if we can avoid getting sued then this was good hype for the next fight. Its all part of the circus and who has time to desert if their is legit heat between fellow meat heads.

Either way UFC is not cricket and and like boxing (that I use to be a big fan of) most people outside the sport looking in think this is all part of da brand. I am not passing judgment because I was a fan of a fight game that was more corrupt, more zany, and full of crooks con men.

I am ready to be proven wrong and admittedly ignorant on the subject but as someone who has doesn't watch UFC and just absorbed recent events through cultural osmosis–this all seems like kayfabe to me and the people who are getting worked up about this remind me of myself when I was 11-12 years old genuinely believing that Brock Lesnar attacked a paraplegic fan who was now seeking retribution against Lesnar at the next PPV. I am just waiting for the moment where Dana White goes full McMahon and strips Khabib of championship to setup the next storyline.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am ready to be proven wrong and admittedly ignorant on the subject but as someone who has doesn't watch UFC and just absorbed recent events through cultural osmosis–this all seems like kayfabe to me and the people who are getting worked up about this remind me of myself when I was 11-12 years old genuinely believing that Brock Lesnar attacked a paraplegic fan who was now seeking retribution against Lesnar at the next PPV. I am just waiting for the moment where Dana White goes full McMahon and strips Khabib of championship to setup the next storyline.

Ok JetsFan815 time for a history lesson from an old timer.

Cassius Clay who became Mauhammid Ali was the first boxer to hack the traditional wrestling heel role to drive buy rates and self promote. It was a stroke of genius as he became a cross over artist athlete. Check out Ali in this clip where he talks about the origin of why he copied Gorgeous George’s shtick (it’s a must watch piece).

Now I was a kid back then and I ate the Kayfabe up and hated Clay (Ali). I was too young to realize I was getting worked. Later I fell in love with Ali as I got to know the story behind the man, his life, his career, and the true genius of his multi talents.

McGregor is just knocking this shit off which is ok because he is great at doing vintage Ali. I don’t blame him because he has made allot of money with the act. That being said this last bout there was legit heat but yea sorry most of time in boxing and or UFC it’s a pre fight work job.

Last edited:

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
I'm sure a couple of you will remember me doing U of M hockey games last year. Well this year I'm producing my own hockey broadcasts. I'd really appreciate a follow on Twitter if you could spare a moment. Thanks.

-Cassidy

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ok, I'm a full on baseball nerd but if anyone wants to claim that game between the Sox and Yanks was boring last night....get your pulse checked. And I can't stand either team!

That 9th inning was unbelievably compelling, bases loaded, down by 3 runs, 1 out, Kimbrel shitting the bed, 50,000 people living and dying on every pitch and going bonkers! What else do you want?!

Side note, not sure why it took so long for Kimbrel to go to his fastball..

Reactions: Smelling Salt

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I saw "A Star is born" tonight and holy shit Bradley Cooper with a beard looks pretty much indistinguishable from Blake Wheeler with a beard. There were moments where I thought it was actually Wheeler until he talked.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Any Liverpool fans here?

We expecting that Salah injury to be serious at all? :(
Huge Liverpool fan here.

Word is it's a strain and not a rupture or tear. He's headed back to Liverpool for treatment and won't be playing in Egypt's next match on Tuesday.

With Liverpool playing Huddersfield Town after the break, Salah will likely sit out until after that is my guess. He's played a lot, is struggling a little and both Sturridge and Shaquiri have been playing well.

Reactions: roccerfeller

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Okay, so, I saw this suit ad from Master Chef from his Twitter account today.

s6xlxAx.png

Can.. like, anyone tell me what's going on?

Is he trying to satirize a modelling pose? Is this some clever slam on gendered double standards? Was he just distracted and wanted to just do what the photog wanted so he could get back to watching HNIC Super Saturday? Is this a photomanip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad