Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Towelie_(1).png

Happy Cilantro Day everyone! Don't forget to bring a towel :D

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Sounds like a number or reporters for TSN were let go today. Scott Cullen and Mike Patrick both mentioned on Twitter that today was their last day

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
At 23C, that's almost beach weather (24C is my minimum). It would be interesting to know if there was anyone at Birdshill park beach today (although they might have drained the lakes by now).

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Why couldn't today be Saturday or Sunday?!!!!!!!!!! Damn you calendar!

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Ugh...

I just had a weekend where I was missing about half my Minor Midget squad due to combination of injuries, suspensions, and sickness, and most of my APs were unavailable.
We dressed 11, 12, and 12 skaters over the weekend... and that's with 3 call ups on Saturday and Sunday.

And my Major Midget lost today despite over doubling the other team's shots and chances and expected goals. >_<

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just watched the beginning of Raw, that was emotional. Lots of Kayfabe breaking tonight, Renee Young even acknowledged she's married to Dean Ambrose.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I was watching when it happened.
All I said was “uuuhhhhh what?”
Still pretty shocking

I'm not a wrestling fan at all, but I heard the audio on "As It Happens" - when he says the leukemia has come back, some member of the audience yells "YOU STILL SUCK"...

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I'm not a wrestling fan at all, but I heard the audio on "As It Happens" - when he says the leukemia has come back, some member of the audience yells "YOU STILL SUCK"...

That has actually been a big piss off in some wrestling forums I frequent.
Classes people are everywhere unfortunately.

I was never a big fan of his character and the way he was booked. But from what I understand the man behind the character is a genuine person and well adored.
Hate to see something like this happen to anyone.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Damn, Roman Reigns has leukemia. Love him or hate him you can't deny the guy gives it his all every night in the ring. Hope he beats that ****ty cancer.

I have no idea who Roman Reigns is, but from reading a couple posts, I would think he's a wrestler ??

All I can say is that I feel sorry for these wrestlers. In order to stay big and very artificially muscle bound you have to inject a lot of "steroids" to keep up your muscle mass. As we all know steroids-human growth hormones ( HGH), cause rapid acceleration of muscle growth. It affects your heart, which is a muscle, and many other organs. They all become enlarged. They also affect your blood, and often result in pulmonary embolisms in your lungs ( blood clots), and various types of cancer.

When you walk around carrying an extra 60-80 lbs of unnatural muscle, it causes very bad things to happen within your body. I knew a wrestler from my hi-school days, that wrestled against Hulk Hogan and those guys, and he died not to long ago at just 61 years old--far to young. He was from Winnipeg, and a friend of mine that I hung out with when we were younger.

It's my personal opinion that these steroids over time will slowly kill you, and they should be taken out of the sport, for the health of all the athletes. If they were taken out, then everybody would be on the same playing field, and wouldn't force anyone to take steroids in order to stay competitive. I hope this will happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad