OT: Jets Lounge: JC be lazy edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I thought you weren't grumpy anymore now that you had a boyfriend?

Things still tick me off. Like being called naive and uneducated by a woman who really doesn't know me at all. Now I just say my peace and it doesn't continue to bug me. I still get PMS :laugh:

I think I really picked the wrong field for my career. I had two interviews in September but there just aren't that many jobs out there. Time to look up law firms in the phone book and send resumes to all of them. Really need a full time job so I can pay off my credit card debt from school and pay student loans back and then look for a place to live with the boyfriend. I'll make it happen.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Things still tick me off. Like being called naive and uneducated by a woman who really doesn't know me at all. Now I just say my peace and it doesn't continue to bug me. I still get PMS :laugh:

I think I really picked the wrong field for my career. I had two interviews in September but there just aren't that many jobs out there. Time to look up law firms in the phone book and send resumes to all of them. Really need a full time job so I can pay off my credit card debt from school and pay student loans back and then look for a place to live with the boyfriend. I'll make it happen.

Go to all the small firms as well even if they are not advertising.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Hey, GJF, where do you live?

And more importantly, are you gonna be in Munich this weekend?

Es ist eine Falle!

its_a_trap.gif

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Hey, GJF, where do you live?

And more importantly, are you gonna be in Munich this weekend?

Near Frankfurt. No of course I'm not, Oktoberfest is a pretty dumb event, IMO. Like our people need a special occasion to drink beer :laugh: and I don't really like the Bavaria kind of cultural thing they have going on. It's a little weird and awkward for most Germans outside of Bavaria.

And why the hell should I pay about 10 Euro for one Maß ... the prices are ridiculous as well.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Near Frankfurt. No of course I'm not, Oktoberfest is a pretty dumb event, IMO. Like our people need a special occasion to drink beer :laugh: and I don't really like the Bavaria kind of cultural thing they have going on. It's a little weird and awkward for most Germans outside of Bavaria.

And why the hell should I pay about 10 Euro for one Maß ... the prices are ridiculous as well.

Oh...:(

I don't know what Bavaria is.

However! I do have two close friends who are both going to be in Munich for Oktoberfest. One from the US and one from Sweden. I wanted to see if you made it three!

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
State and province mean the same thing; it depends on what system they follow.

Sure, but being "kinda like a province" is a very ambiguous thing to say. Being a state is a factual representation of what it is.

That's the difference between one person asking "what's that?" and one person says, "it's sort of like a tree rat" and the other one says, "that's a squirrel".

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Sure, but being "kinda like a province" is a very ambiguous thing to say. Being a state is a factual representation of what it is.

That's the difference between one person asking "what's that?" and one person says, "it's sort of like a tree rat" and the other one says, "that's a squirrel".

And not everyone knows what a province is. Canada is the only country that comes to mind that uses provinces instead of states. So my wording was off on an Internet forum. Oh wow the world will end if that happens

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
And not everyone knows what a province is. Canada is the only country that comes to mind that uses provinces instead of states. So my wording was off on an Internet forum. Oh wow the world will end if that happens

I'm not sure why you're upset with me simply stating what is factually correct. I have no idea why you're taking it personally.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
Bavaria is officially a state.

It's also a very historic area of Germany.

Isn't the entire country a historic area?

Bavaria has been a duchy, a kingdom, a republic and is officially known as the Free State of Bavaria within the German union.

It's also predominantly catholic within a mostly protestant (Lutheran) populace, and is home to the Bayerische Motoren Werke, AUDI, Puma, Adidas and FC Bayern Munich. And beer. Lots of beer and breweries.

Thus concludes today's geopolitical lesson. :)

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
What a donkey of a lawyer that was. Terrible interviewer. Sounded like he didn't even read my resume. Not taking that job if he offers me either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad