Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
cinva.jpg

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Prom Night is a really, REALLY bad movie.

Prom Night is a really, REALLY bad movie compared to other movies airing on Syfy.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Seriously. A twist, a couple buckets of pigs blood, a girl destroying a town. It's all I'm asking for. I really think it could save this movie.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Man this has been a marathon trip. Harder to do without a co-pilot. Loved Quebec City and Montreal. QC has great road infrastructure... can't believe they are smaller than us.

I'm taking it easy at the hotel tonight in Minnesota, going to watch the game, some TV and then get a good nights sleep. I get home tomorrow late afternoon and have a game at the Iceplex already at 7:10.

I start work Monday AND I have a scrimmy Monday night. At this rate I will have played more hockey in 2 weeks back in Winnipeg than I did all summer in Nova Scotia. :laugh:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
Question for the small business owners here.

I'm a year into owning a hobby/home based business. A customer purchasing something from me today was inquiring about some future work he'd like to have me do.

*I don't want to get into to much details so as to not look like I'm advertising.

The future services he's inquiring about involve professional team jerseys. The issue is he only purchases knock offs from China. I've made very sure I only purchase and use licensed products but since he is bringing me the item, and only paying for service do I look away and make a sale?

I've spoken to brick and mortar stores doing the same thing and they day they will not do anything with knock offs but they're established and can turn money down. I'm still just starting out and try getting to grow my business.

It's a conundrum.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014

I'm a year into owning a hobby/home based business. A customer purchasing something from me today was inquiring about some future work he'd like to have me do.

*I don't want to get into to much details so as to not look like I'm advertising.

The future services he's inquiring about involve professional team jerseys. The issue is he only purchases knock offs from China. I've made very sure I only purchase and use licensed products but since he is bringing me the item, and only paying for service do I look away and make a sale?

I've spoken to brick and mortar stores doing the same thing and they day they will not do anything with knock offs but they're established and can turn money down. I'm still just starting out and try getting to grow my business.

It's a conundrum.

h4342285F

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
That depends. You need to decide if you have a moral/ethical position against knockoffs. And if you do, if it is strong enough to politely refuse his business.

Derfel*

It's a conundrum.

maxresdefault.jpg

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

It's a conundrum.

I would pass.
Though in the short term its great that you are getting the work. The jersey is fake, but the money is real.
That said, you are attaching yourself to the work you do. Someone may love the work you do, but without the explanation from your client, may assume that YOU were the one who selected the jersey while doing the work.

Reputation goes a long way, especially in the sports memorabilia business. If I were in your shoes I would avoid associating with fakes.

(my memory of what you do is fuzzy, but I think my advice applies)

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We can't expect YWG to do all the GDT's. Someone else has to step up and do one. Call it and do it. Doesn't have to be elaborate or fancy.

We need more peeps to get involved with this task. :)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I'm thinking about going to WPG the first week in 2015. Be in town for a Leafs game and celebrate my birthday by going to the Sharks game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad