Not open for further replies.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Didn't know you wore lady sized jerseys :dunno: ;)

Tried a mens small and I'm swimming in it. A lady medium fits perfectly but because the letters and numbers they attach don't vary in size for the lady jerseys, even Trouba couldn't really fit. And I wanted Buff.

I'm a skinny 5' 4" so yeah.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Tried a mens small and I'm swimming in it. A lady medium fits perfectly but because the letters and numbers they attach don't vary in size for the lady jerseys, even Trouba couldn't really fit. And I wanted Buff.

My post was referring to the idea of Romang wearing lady sized jerseys :P

That's an unfortunate problem I've never really considered. Really limits your options on names.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
My post was referring to the idea of Romang wearing lady sized jerseys :P

That's an unfortunate problem I've never really considered. Really limits your options on names.

Ah okay. :laugh:

But yeah, sucks a bit. However the lady jerseys are a decent bit cheaper. I'm just glad I don't care for the Oilers and Nugent-Hopkins.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

Try a Little jersey.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Try a Little jersey.

X50Ha.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Last thing I'll say on it (since this convo pops up every couple months and I'm sure other people not so concerned with fitness are sick of reading it) is that in my own experience, I have kept my exercise regimen more or less the same for the last 3-4 years. The only thing which I vary is my diet, and I've gone from losing 0.75-1 lb/week one month to gaining 0.5 lb/week the next (on purpose). If I had maintained the same diet, I'd have to probably triple the amount of time I spent doing cardio to see that shift in weight gain/loss.

Body re-composition is much easier done through diet.

When dealing with FACTS, you are right. Diet has a bigger impact than activity because you can very easily regularly consume more calories than you burn with even moderate or rigorous activity. Also, as you get older your metabolism slows down and it only gets worse.

Turbofan is a freak and all the power to him :laugh:. Of course I don't know how old he is and when he will hit that wall.

I play hockey 3 - 6 x a week and fill in with weight training. I usually only take one day off. However, I like food and I find that falling off the wagon is what really holds me back from having the cut body I want.

I do credit exercise for allowing me to fall off that wagon and stay at around 185 lbs, though.

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
When dealing with FACTS, you are right. Diet has a bigger impact than activity because you can very easily regularly consume more calories than you burn with even moderate or rigorous activity. Also, as you get older your metabolism slows down and it only gets worse.

Turbofan is a freak and all the power to him :laugh:. Of course I don't know how old he is and when he will hit that wall.

I play hockey 3 - 6 x a week and fill in with weight training. I usually only take one day off. However, I like food and I find that falling off the wagon is what really holds me back from having the cut body I want.

I do credit exercise for allowing me to fall off that wagon and stay at around 185 lbs, though.

i find a simple adjustment as no drinking just having water can make a big impact too more then food

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I don't bother. I eat whatever I like. I run marathons, can do 60 clean push ups. My body is like a steel furnace, low cholesterol and spot on blood pressure at 43. Exercise > diet. ;)

Speaking from the other side of 50, I would guess you will hit the wall at some point in the next decade.

I could eat 6000 calories a day of crap food without consequence when I was in my 30's and early 40's, and to this day all my indicators say I'm in prime health. Very low cholesterol, low blood pressure, low triglycerides, resting pulse still in the low 60's and even after smoking a pack a day for 44 years can still run interval for 30 minutes, and do my bike ride to work (10.2 km's) in 25 minutes or less.

But now that my metabolism is slowing, I can't lose the last 15 pounds if my life depended on it. I can add 10 pounds easy within a couple of days, but now it takes me a couple of weeks to shed it instead of a couple of days. Used to be when I lost weight, it would be due to missing a meal or two, and voila! drop 5 pounds within 48 hours. Now, that 5 pounds represents an extra 5 minutes full-out on the bike every morning for a week at least.

It happens to everyone. No matter how hard you try to avoid it happening, your metabolism will slow down.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

I'm 43. Oh I'm sure I will hit the wall at some point, and then adjust my intake a bit accordingly. I have some pals who are older and fitter than me (crazy IronMan triathletes) and actually they keep me inspired.

However, I'm not overly concerned about my body shape, the tires I may develop etc. And I love food. I'm somewhat more interested in staying athletic and active. Can you look great just by watching what you eat? Of course. And it helps with heart disease, joint problems, blood pressure, etc. But exercise enables me in other ways. Running like you stole something, lifting big things to impress ladies, riding bikes like you stole them, fighting bears in hand-to-hand combat, etc.

I'll add that I don't eat with wild destructive abandon. Just that exercise needs it's due credit. Are we just talking about how you want to look? Or how you want to live? That being said, I'm a 'recreational athlete'. If I was a competitive or elite athlete, damn straight I'd be paying more attention to my diet.

IMHO the best way to look good while naked is combine the two. ;)

Last edited:

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I've seen a woman at a couple of games with "Mrs. Byfuglien" on her jersey. She's not small would be a kind description..

Could easily have been a mens she was wearing. Tiny me fits a medium womens perfectly and even the large womens was okay.

Another option is to get a youth-sized jersey. They're cut much smaller and better fit for some women. (and cheaper)

They didn't have any youth ones sadly. Though I found the womens to be within my budget.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Nah bro... what has impact is having a girl sit on your lap while you bench press... it increases the flow of testosterone and will make you jacked up really quick #brologic #broscience

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay

Yeah, that's what I'm after :laugh:

Nah bro... what has impact is having a girl sit on your lap while you bench press... it increases the flow of testosterone and will make you jacked up really quick #brologic #broscience

I remember reading a fairly legit-sounding article that found that to be true.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I remember reading a fairly legit-sounding article that found that to be true.

I find that hard to believe considering this little nugget of info was told to me by the same guys at the gym who once told me that if you masturbate withing 6 hrs of a workout then your workout was for nothing. :laugh: Maybe there;s some confounding variable here like perhaps your form is better when bench pressing when someone is physically sitting your lap? But a woman sitting on your lap affecting your testosterone level and therefore leading to better gains is very brosciency and unbelievable to me

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Y'all talking about diet vs exercise and I'm sitting here like the Old El Paso child. Surely a combination of healthy eating and exercise in a manageable amount is more effective for long tern sustainable weight loss.

Also I went to see Phantom on Broadway last night and can proudly say I've thrown up in the Majestic Theatre.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Target is ceasing all Canadian operations. Can't say that I'm surprised. How can you stay in business in Canada without understanding the market that allows Superstore, Walmart, and other big box stores to thrive in?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
i find a simple adjustment as no drinking just having water can make a big impact too more then food

Oh yeah this is huge. I was told that the number one rule to improve your diet in the long run is to not drink your calories. Pop, alcohol, cream and sugar in coffee etc. really adds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad