CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Germany *cough*

20060321183608672_7.jpg

http://www.supersizedmeals.com/food/article.php/20060321183608672

;)

Hey give the guy a break.
Germans work hard to get their bodies in shape so they can squeeze into their XXL Speedos and hit around the resort pool.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
This breakfast looks awesome.
I really miss full English Breakfasts and this is just a lot of it.

BREAKFASTALT1_3163120c.jpg

A cafe has unveiled its 8,000 calorie breakfast featuring 59 items of food.
Corner Cafe's 'Monster Mega Breakfast' contains six rashers of bacon, six sausages, six eggs, two thee-egg omelettes, four portions of fried potatoes and four portions of mushrooms.
In addition, diners get to feast on six slices of black pudding, six hash browns, one bowl of chips, four onion rings, four slices of toast, two fried bread, half a grilled tomato, two portions of beans and two portions of tomatoes.
Those brave enough to consume the breakfast are challenged to a hour to down the meal. They can wash it down with either a pint of milkshake or an energy drink.

That looks disgusting.

+1

North America *cough*

:>

English *cough cough*

To be totally truthful - when I was in my teens and 20's, I would've had no problem finishing that meal, within the hour, and then destroying an extra large pizza for lunch.

theamazingchris

Jan 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I had a classic full English breakfast once. It was quite nice, although I definitely prefer the Canadian version. Like, fried bread? Really? :laugh:

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I returned to the gym today. My diet (consisting mostly of pudding and candy) that I had over the holidays had, in fact, NOT improved my strength.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Meh, dieting is no fun.

Exercise is fun, however. IMHO. :) And diet alone won't lead to athletic improvement.

Dieting != diet

Dieting implies going on some sort of low carb/low fat/juice only/paleo voodoo magic stuff which is unsustainable long term. That's why people's weight fluctuates when they go on diets. They lose the weight, stop following the rules because it's not a sustainable way to live, and gain it back.

Diet is changing the way you look at food and monitoring what you put in your body. Just eat right. There's no reason to count every carb in a journal or whatever, but making sure you're getting 3-4 good meals a day of decent food would work wonders for the majority of the population.

And that's correct, you won't increase your bench/vertical jump with diet alone, but for general health diet is the bigger factor.
i think they are both equal value you cant have one without the other

Sure you can. You can hit the gym like a beast, then eat like crap and not get anywhere.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Dieting != diet

Dieting implies going on some sort of low carb/low fat/juice only/paleo voodoo magic stuff which is unsustainable long term. That's why people's weight fluctuates when they go on diets. They lose the weight, stop following the rules because it's not a sustainable way to live, and gain it back.

Diet is changing the way you look at food and monitoring what you put in your body. Just eat right. There's no reason to count every carb in a journal or whatever, but making sure you're getting 3-4 good meals a day of decent food would work wonders for the majority of the population.

I don't bother. I eat whatever I like. I run marathons, can do 60 clean push ups. My body is like a steel furnace, low cholesterol and spot on blood pressure at 43. Exercise > diet. ;)

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
we should get a HF Jets playoff push beard run going

Hair only grows on my chin and neck. I get random little hairs on my cheeks and if I grow a mustache I look like someone you wouldn't want around children.

I've been growing out the chin beard for the playoff push anyway.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Meh, dieting is no fun.

Exercise is fun, however. IMHO. :) And diet alone won't lead to athletic improvement.

If I have to choose between eating less and exercise the one which allows me to stay on the couch will win every time.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Last thing I'll say on it (since this convo pops up every couple months and I'm sure other people not so concerned with fitness are sick of reading it) is that in my own experience, I have kept my exercise regimen more or less the same for the last 3-4 years. The only thing which I vary is my diet, and I've gone from losing 0.75-1 lb/week one month to gaining 0.5 lb/week the next (on purpose). If I had maintained the same diet, I'd have to probably triple the amount of time I spent doing cardio to see that shift in weight gain/loss.

Body re-composition is much easier done through diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad